Axis & Allies rookies need your help!!!

• LOL! That’s a great strat!

• @Rommel34:

LOL! That’s a great strat!

that’s a great game!!

• Well I was just joking, but that would make an interesting varient. Kind of like A&A meets Passout. I know I’m dating myself here but Passout was a game I played a long time ago. As the name suggests you play until someone passes out. I guess applied to A&A if you use a bomber then your enemy must get BOMBED. If you use a sub, well I won’t go there. There are a few bugs to be worked out but you get the general idea. And if you don’t, you win!

• Why would you waste your transport to block the transport from the Phillipines. That is such a waste. Block it with your sub from the middle east, and send your sub down to australia. On turn two, the trannie can bring those two infantry back to help defend your industrial on India. Who cares about Australia, if the Japs want to waste their time and resources, let em.

• Sorry, Meant to say, send your transport down to australia, not the sub.

• Japan might send his SOL sz SUB to sink your TRN.

• yes this is correct

• I say let the India trans go to aus. If the UK transports it’s inf. to India or wherever Japan can usually counter and Aus is easy pickings.

• Use the Indian TRN to counterattack Egypt from India if it’s taken. Or take INFs from Egypt and Syria to reinforce Indian IC (if built). The Indian IC must be built in UK1 and needs to be reinforced right away. The Aus INFs are too far for that purpose.
    @gatorade:

It is a good day to die

I think I’ll “die another day”. :wink:

• he who cowers and runs away lives to fight another day

• Using the transport to retake egypt would rate #1, failing that I’d keep the transport in area as a nuisance against the axis. Trying to get it back to england via south africa takes too long.

• If you pull units from IND to retake/reinforce AES Germany is put in a tighter vise. However, US, UK and USSR forces must coordinate pressure on Germany to make it count. Otherwise, you just opened USSRs back door for Japan to march through!

• Trying to get it back to england via south africa takes too long.

Not to mention getting bombed by Germany, unless you steer towards the US. What a trip! :roll:
    And good point Xi. :D

• I agree with Xi on that one, I just hate letting the Japs get India without a fight, make 'em use a fighter or two to ensure victory. Mind you, with a German Tank and 2 Inf on Egypt…… ya gotta do what ya gotta do… Fighter, bomber, and 3 Brit infantry stymie the German advance with a crushing counter attack…

• But, if I read you right, this puts the UK BMR out of position for a turn.
    A big NO NO in my book!

• Out of position to Alaska perhaps. Again, it’s all about the current situation. I’m just saying that if the situation warrents knocking out German troops in Africa (yes you can show examples where it’s a bad move, in those cases don’t do it……) and you really wanted to do something with that transport off India, you might think about taking 1 or both the india infantry and hitting Egypt hard, with extra air power (ie Bomber) you might leave an infantry behind in India. The bomber could land in the Congo, Kenya, E. Africa or Syria. I say land in Kenya, and on T2 you can anything you want from Kenya. You lose the ability to bomb W. Europe and Germany granted on T2, but how often do you do that on T2? However, you gain the ability to bomb anywhere in the Med Sea and could attack ambitious Jap transports. Of course you better win that land battle in egpyt…

BB

• From K/R you cannot SBR Germany or S EUR. Nor can you participate in any attack with sufficient support to guarantee the safe return of UKs BMR. This is a waste of the UK BMR :o ! But, it’s your war. Go ahead and die. :)

• From Kenya you can S. Bomb S. Europe and land in Cacaus so it’s irrelevant if you can’t reach Germany, which incidently I had stated in my prior post. I try not to use my 1 and only bomber on an attack where I can lose it unless it grants good strategic advantage. I think you suggested not risking the German bomber on an attack where you could lose it, I say that is good advice for all owners of 1 and only 1 bomber. The threat that 1 bomber presents far outweighs the few IPCs you will take from Germany, why risk losing it so soon?

As for no safe return for the bomber, are you on glue? Let’s review the thread, what to do with xport off India. I said if Germany had 3 or so units in Egypt you might want to hit it with upto 3 infantry and the fighter in India and maybe the bomber from England. You win the battle, both air land in Kenya and nothing can hit them unless you lose the battle in egypt or if germany has air in egypt…… Look, if you never lose a battle in the game then most likely you are playing too conservatively… 1 bomber and 1 fighter is a hell of a force against a german navy of 1-2 xports and BB if all you want to do is kill the xports, and accelerate the allied retake of Egypt.

If it don’t fit don’t force it. Obviously if the situation is risky you might no choose it. Again, it’s a situational gambit.

It’s about exchanging ideas and constructively critiquing others tactics, devils advocate as it were. This ain’t a pissing contest…

BB

• yes, Xi is quite negative today, even more so than before. :roll:

• Chart your flight path. I count 7 spaces, minimum.
    Put up or … :evil: :wink:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m