Axis & Allies rookies need your help!!!

• Hey there….I just bought A&A this weekend and my friend and I have already run into a rules dispute…maybe the vets on here can help us. Here’s the scenario:

On the U.K’s first turn i built a factory in India on non-combat movement I placed the transport from India south of French-Indochina. My friend wants to use the troops from the Philippines to make and amphib attack on India along with a ground attack from Indochina. Now, since I have a transport off Indochina can his transtport just move through that sea zone?
    Wouldnt two enemy ships in the same zone mean a combat situation and his transport would have to stop there? Then he says he will use the fighter from Indochina to sink my transport but even so wouldnt his transport have to stop in that zone because of the battle there? After that battle was resolved…even if i lose that transport doesnt his transport have to stay there? Any help would be appreciated.

• That’s correct, since there was combat there (and he had to move the trns in the combat movment) the trns would stop at that sea zone.

• Thanks Rommel, now we can continue our game!

• yeah plus lone transports attacking always lose because they have no attack value :(

• Wow, good move for a rookie to figure out! That UK tranny is good for “blocking” the Phillipines tranny. So did Japan go for India anyways? they can still hit it with 2 infantry from FIC and 2 fighters / bomber…

• No, my buddy decided retaking Manchuria was his main priority on his first turn and sent his bomber there to help in the attack. The fighter in the Phillipines went to attack the U.S. fleet at Hawaii. He decided not to try for India on turn one and by turn two my fighters from England had arrived along with three new armor units to bolster the defenses, I ended up holding onto India. This game is great, even before the game ended we were debating stategy for our next game!

• Commissar Adam, just to clarify, do you mean if he had sent the transport alone into the Indian sea zone he would have lost it?

• Yeah, if you move a lone trannie into a sea zone occupied by anything… even just another trannie, the attacking trannie will lose, cuz a defending trannie hits on a “1”… an attacking trannie cannot attack…

So the battle would go… Attack - no attacking pcs. Defend - roll for a 1. (probly miss). Repeat, till you hit.

• As a last gasp manouver I sent six trannys against one. It took so long for my opponent to kill five of the trannies he gave up and conceded the game. We play if you miss you have to take a drink of Wild Turkey. There’s more than one way to win this game!

• LOL! That’s a great strat!

• @Rommel34:

LOL! That’s a great strat!

that’s a great game!!

• Well I was just joking, but that would make an interesting varient. Kind of like A&A meets Passout. I know I’m dating myself here but Passout was a game I played a long time ago. As the name suggests you play until someone passes out. I guess applied to A&A if you use a bomber then your enemy must get BOMBED. If you use a sub, well I won’t go there. There are a few bugs to be worked out but you get the general idea. And if you don’t, you win!

• Why would you waste your transport to block the transport from the Phillipines. That is such a waste. Block it with your sub from the middle east, and send your sub down to australia. On turn two, the trannie can bring those two infantry back to help defend your industrial on India. Who cares about Australia, if the Japs want to waste their time and resources, let em.

• Sorry, Meant to say, send your transport down to australia, not the sub.

• Japan might send his SOL sz SUB to sink your TRN.

• yes this is correct

• I say let the India trans go to aus. If the UK transports it’s inf. to India or wherever Japan can usually counter and Aus is easy pickings.

• Use the Indian TRN to counterattack Egypt from India if it’s taken. Or take INFs from Egypt and Syria to reinforce Indian IC (if built). The Indian IC must be built in UK1 and needs to be reinforced right away. The Aus INFs are too far for that purpose.
    @gatorade:

It is a good day to die

I think I’ll “die another day”. :wink:

• he who cowers and runs away lives to fight another day

• Using the transport to retake egypt would rate #1, failing that I’d keep the transport in area as a nuisance against the axis. Trying to get it back to england via south africa takes too long.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m