• Customizer

Oh hey - no worries, ‘jack away’ or - ehhhh, that didn’t sound right. eh eh eh

Ah… good idea to separate the union Jack’s for control/financial reasons.  Well, my ‘A&A Magnum Opus’ is centered around AA50th, so I have kinda more ‘general’ house rules in regard to elite infantry.  A buddy of mine is centered around the global - and that’s where I get a good taste of detailed house rules on occasion.  I think if you decide to tack any +'s on their attack or defense, you should make it really limited - or if you are liberal with the +'s, make sure their universal for fairness of course.  My own house rules for elite infantry are tied in with tech. (excerpt:)

"Elite infantry

If a nation has a development in Army Doctrine, they may utilize the following infantry developments.

• Marines: On the first turn of combat in any amphibious landing, all infantry attacking from a sea zone receive a +1 to their attack rolls.
    • Commandos: On the first turn of combat in any attack involving paratroopers, all infantry transported by aircraft receive a +1 to their attack rolls.
    • Home Guard: On the first turn of combat in any attack on the nation’s capital, half (round down) of the defending infantry receive a +1 to their combat roll.

Nations with Mechanized Infantry and a development in Infrastructure may transport 1 Infantry unit in non-combat turns per bomber unit; as per rules governing transport ships loading/unloading units. The bomber/transport plane cannot have attacked in the same turn."

I have the tech. charts from 50th divided down into four separate areas.  Hmm - back to your wonder… I think it would be cooler if elites had some abilities instead of just a plus here and there.  But the prob. with that is balancing issues, tips pretty easy.

‘Matey’ - eh eh eh - despite living here for many years, I still don’t use that one.

• '12

Hey V thx for lettting me put a few of my pics in your post. My first pics are Italian paras from ceasar miniatures.

012.jpg
    015.jpg

• '12

These are Italian Desert war pieces

016.jpg
    017.jpg

• '12

Italian Mech forces

019.jpg
    020.jpg

• '12

Italian regular inf

021.jpg
    022.jpg

• '12

Italian airforce

023.jpg
    024.jpg

• '12

Italian Navy

025.jpg
    026.jpg

• '12

And these are all my Italian Army, quite a few pieces,lol

027.jpg
    028.jpg

• '12

Some V2 rockets

032.jpg
    034.jpg

• '12

And these are the last pieces that I painted, Im planning on using them as my waffen ss or elite inf.

029.jpg
    030.jpg

• Customizer

“V”,

@Viracocha:

Oh hey - no worries, ‘jack away’ or - ehhhh, that didn’t sound right. eh eh eh
    ––No Comment. :-o
    Ah… good idea to separate the union Jack’s for control/financial reasons.  Well, my ‘A&A Magnum Opus’ is centered around AA50th, so I have kinda more ‘general’ house rules in regard to elite infantry.  A buddy of mine is centered around the global - and that’s where I get a good taste of detailed house rules on occasion.  I think if you decide to tack any +'s on their attack or defense, you should make it really limited
    ––I agree COMPLETELY!

• or if you are liberal with the +'s, make sure their universal for fairness of course.  My own house rules for elite infantry are tied in with tech. (excerpt:)

"Elite infantry

If a nation has a development in Army Doctrine, they may utilize the following infantry developments.

• Marines: On the first turn of combat in any amphibious landing, all infantry attacking from a sea zone receive a +1 to their attack rolls.
    • Commandos: On the first turn of combat in any attack involving paratroopers, all infantry transported by aircraft receive a +1 to their attack rolls.
    • Home Guard: On the first turn of combat in any attack on the nationÂ’s capital, half (round down) of the defending infantry receive a +1 to their combat roll.
      ––That’s practically what I had in mind for my Marines and the Special Forces of all nations.

Nations with Mechanized Infantry and a development in Infrastructure may transport 1 Infantry unit in non-combat turns per bomber unit; as per rules governing transport ships loading/unloading units. The bomber/transport plane cannot have attacked in the same turn."
    ––Maybe I’m just too stupid or too stubborn, but I still believe that paradrops and/or air transports should ONLY be performed by Air Transport planes(that CANNOT bomb, ever). I’d really appreciate if you’d consider this “experiment” in your next game and let me know your opinions.

I have the tech. charts from 50th divided down into four separate areas.  Hmm - back to your wonder… I think it would be cooler if elites had some abilities instead of just a plus here and there.  But the prob. with that is balancing issues, tips pretty easy. Â

‘Matey’ - eh eh eh - despite living here for many years, I still don’t use that one.
    :-D Â

“Tall Paul”

• Customizer

Paul - yeah… I applaud your stance on transport planes being separated from bombers.  I couldn’t agree with you more - my own rule is purely for simplicities sake for my 50th, it actually kinda bothers me still.  I only play A&A with my ‘old crews’ about twice a year (when I visit the states), otherwise my 50th hosts some players that haven’t played nearly as long as us - though all are interested in WWII history.  So I have to try and keep the piece differentiations to minimum.

George - no worries, they’re Italians so they should get a long with my guys  :wink:
    Fantastic collection!  Like the individuality that those figs offer - I don’t own any, so are they pretty much the same size as the OOB?  Looks like it (except for the stands of course).  Gotta love those SS!  “HOLD ZE LINE!”
    That one Italian bomber… would never thought that shade of orange could be pulled off, but it looks pretty cool.  Might have to give that one a try.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m