• I don’t recommend building fighters for Germany. Too much money, and if the allies go KGF they are going to have a massive fleet anyways. Only buy 1 tank a round at most with Germany unless you see a way to take moscow in two turns from your purchase. In that case buy all tanks and go for it.

• I think A&A Europe (1999) tanks costing 5 and having 3attack and 2 defence is more playable that expencive tanks costing 6.

• I think the armor cost is more reflective of the wider array of units available and the new combinations possible in the global game.  I don’t feel like it has affected things too much, but it is more puzzling when the new units, such as tactical bombers and mechanized infantry, whose combination with armor enables special abilities and attack bonuses which justify the price increase, are not present in 1942, yet the price remains.  I feel that 6 is a good price for armor in global, but for 1942, it really is up for debate.  I know my group argued it once, and we decided our official stance was “too lazy to make a house rule.”

• The 6 dollar tank is VERY necessary.  By having this, it prevents Germany from being a beast.  If the EUS attack with the 2SS becomes a success for Germany, then the Allies can’t retake Africa right away…nor can they readily get help to Russia.  Without any immediate impact in the Atlantic, Germany can run away with 5 dollar tanks…the 1 IPC increase helps reign in Germany from becoming a freight train.  The Allies can win this about 45% of the time, but you have to either start balanced or go KGF.  While KJF is fun, I’ve found that it is hard to keep Germany in check with UK/Russia without some luck.  It becomes a lot harder if EUS losses it’s fleet.

The complex in Manchuria isn’t needed, but that depends on your “attack” route.  I find using 4 transports dropping 1 turn south, then next up North, alternating like that provides a good two prong attack while keeping the US fleet in check to prevent an island attack (Borneo, EI, Phillipines).  I do agree with the inf for Japan, but Germany needs the inf/art balance.

• TripleA

Larry Harris is just trying to keep things historically accurate. The axis won wwII

• @Mallery29:

The 6 dollar tank is VERY necessary.  By having this, it prevents Germany from being a beast.  If the EUS attack with the 2SS becomes a success for Germany, then the Allies can’t retake Africa right away…nor can they readily get help to Russia.  Without any immediate impact in the Atlantic, Germany can run away with 5 dollar tanks…the 1 IPC increase helps reign in Germany from becoming a freight train.  The Allies can win this about 45% of the time, but you have to either start balanced or go KGF.  While KJF is fun, I’ve found that it is hard to keep Germany in check with UK/Russia without some luck.  It becomes a lot harder if EUS losses it’s fleet.

The complex in Manchuria isn’t needed, but that depends on your “attack” route.  I find using 4 transports dropping 1 turn south, then next up North, alternating like that provides a good two prong attack while keeping the US fleet in check to prevent an island attack (Borneo, EI, Phillipines).  I do agree with the inf for Japan, but Germany needs the inf/art balance.

I’ve played this version 18 times now. I have yet to loose. Coming from an expert there is no way in hell allies have a 45% chance to win!!!

• ah…so it takes 18 games to become a Jedi Master?  :roll:

• lol. More like over 1500 games of axis and allies total, but I’ve played 18 of this map. if you ever get on tripple A I’d love to play you in a live game sometime. You can be allies with no bid.

• Are you going to disappear again?  I have no problem playing….I have problem with people disappearing. I have duty now, but will start ANOTHER game when I get home tomorrow.

• I told you the game wouldn’t let me do that turn. I think we have to restart, but I really only want to play live. I think it is just much easier.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m