• '21 '20 '18 '17

Even with the 42.3 patch, the Axis have a pretty big advantage. I’m winning about half my games with allies, and almost all of the games with Axis.

The Tournament is different, Doug and I had a lot of success going KJF;

Bid 1 Sub
    Attack “Black Queen’s Gambit” SZ 37 With 2 fighters, 1 AC, 2 CA, 1 CV, 2 sub
    UK buy 1 fighter 1 armor 1 bomber (1 inf or save $)
    US buy 2 CV 1 fighter (put it all on west coast)

If you destroy the Japanese 1 BB, 1 CV and 2 Fighters, you can overwhelm japan in 6 turns and take both phillipines and kwangsi and win the VC game

No way the allies can smash germany so quickly at best they could grab a VC or 2

However, in the long game (AXA Online Version) the Axis have a pretty big advantage. The Axis plan is simple, their buys are pat. Don’t have to rely on luck so much as the Russian opener. Unlike the timed tournament game, there’s no rush in destroying Russia so you can just surround Moscow. Stratbombing is not a good return on the investment, but it can help paralyze Moscow. German navy isn’t a good investment either, you will need a critical mass of tanks to hold the Caucasus.

Japan doesn’t have to rush to take India either. They can just take it slow, play it safe…and build factories as they react to what the Allies do. If Japan retains the 1 BB 1 CV 2 Fig, they can build at parity with the US because the $ is similar (38 us vs 33-35 for japan)

The Allies have a much more complex build up that’s vulnerable to German interdiction.

• That’s good for you. My question to you is simple: are you asking a question of some sort or are you just giving us your take on 1942, Second Ed?

-Midnight_Reaper

• '21 '20 '18 '17

commentary and indirectly asking if your view is the same as mine

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m