• I need a book (work of non-fiction) from an American perspective on any topic from World War 1 and later. I was thinking of something on the Korean War or Cold War. This is for my American History course. Can anyone here recommend something good?

• High School Students?

• I just bought Slander by Ann Coulter…excellent read. On the same note, Sean Hannity’s new book was probably better. :P

As for high school students, you’d see me reccomend a book covering politics way before I’d ever reccomend something by Shakespeare.

• I’d recommend Empire by Hardt and Negri and some works by Stanislav Lem. Other than that, I’m not so sure.

• Emu,

Diplomacy by Henry Kissinger

And Deviant, Coulter is a way better Polemicist than Hannity ever could be.

• I’ve heard Hannity’s book was pretty good actually. I might just go buy it tonight.

• Has anyone here read Fast Food Nation?

I had no idea slaughterhouse workers were treated so badly.

NO more McDonalds for me. I already didn’t like them, but htis is the last straw.

• I read an article in some newspaper a while back saying how bad Wal-Mart employees were treated :) Forced to work 2-3 extra hours a day without pay or be fired… forced to smile in your sleep…

• @Yanny:

I read an article in some newspaper a while back saying how bad Wal-Mart employees were treated :) Forced to work 2-3 extra hours a day without pay or be fired… forced to smile in your sleep…

i quit b/c they wouldn’t let me take off 4 shifts or trade them in order to work on my honors biochemistry thesis.
    but at the same time, they weren’t that bad, just weird.

• Hamlet
    Othello
    Bonfire Of The Vanities…absolutely hilarious!!
    For history…THe Civil War: A Narrative by Shelby Foote…IMO the best books on the Civil War ever written
    and of course…Private Parts and Miss America by The King of All Media!!

• Bonfire Of The Vanities… hmmm… what’s it about? :)

• I’m adding Ann Coulter’s new book, Treason.

• hitchiker trilogy!

• Nothing about philosophy and science ?

If you don’t know what’s a differential equations you’re a failure as a humain being.

• If you don’t know what’s a differential equations you’re a failure as a humain being.

Grrr… if you know differential equations then you don’t deserve to be a human being.

• Don’t be dissing diffy q’s and at that double and triple integrals!

• @TG:

If you don’t know what’s a differential equations you’re a failure as a humain being.

Grrr… if you know differential equations then you don’t deserve to be a human being.

I was just quoting Falwell, but i put “don’t know what’s a differential equation” where it was “are not born-again christian”.

• :lol: I could tell you were being sarcastic the first time. :wink:

• @TG:

Bonfire Of The Vanities… hmmm… what’s it about? :)

It’s about chasing money and status within the insanity of 1970s New York City – specifically the up-in-smoke South Bronx.

BY THE WAY – for anyone interested in the actual in-war experience, from the infantryman’s point of view:::::

Slaughterhouse Five – Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.: he lived it then wrote about it (WWII Europe)
    The Naked and the Dead – Norman Mailer: lived it then wrote about it (WWII Pacific)
    All Quiet on the Western Front – dont’ know the author but it is the German footsoldier’s view of WWI.

• Slaughterhouse Five is a good book. :)
    He wrote the book during the firebombing of Dresden, correct?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m