Does Japan Amphibious Assault Pearl?

• Good Point!! Thanks. No i.c. on Hawaii, I’ll do as you say and just fly them over. :D

• Any suggestions for J2 once hawaii is occupied in J1? What should the fleet do? Stay in Hawaii as a defensive presence? Then move on Alaska or Panama with infantry filled transports say by J4?

• Hmmmm… how about this: Would you want to invade Hawaii first turn and 2nd and 3rd move into Australia and New Zealand?

I have never been one to use a SBR strategy, especially as Japan. TM_Moses is the expert in SBR’s.

Sure is. :evil:

• invade hawi and midway the same turn too make them choose

• @TG:

Hmmmm… how about this: Would you want to invade Hawaii first turn and 2nd and 3rd move into Australia and New Zealand?

I have never been one to use a SBR strategy, especially as Japan. TM_Moses is the expert in SBR’s.

Sure is. :evil:

What I like to do is take Hawaii on J1 and then on J2 take my trannie from Hawaii and pick up an infantry from the Solomons which I use to take NZ on the same turn.

• New Zealand in my hands by the end of J2, I like that one. Then that transport could be used against Australia in J3 AND THEN (i’m so excited) brought back into the big picture of mainland asia by J4.

I like it 8)

• What about instead going to Brazil instead of New Zealand?

• ya bould an IC in brazil, counqer africa

• I dunno, I don’t really like building an IC in Brazil if I’m serious. But are Australia and Brazil the same number of turns apart relative to Hawaii? Sorry, I don’t have my board on me. :-?

• aus. 2 brazil 4

• :lol:

• Okay, good thinking. Australia it is! :)

• no, 4 around the horn.

• Hawai New-Zealand Australia Madagascar French Indochina

This is the shortest route to victory for the Jap tranny. don’t try to bug Panama or Brazil. It might work if your playing a newbie or if you are close to an Econ win, but facing good players its a waste or time.

Benoit Lessard

• @Anonymous:

New Zealand in my hands by the end of J2, I like that one. Then that transport could be used against Australia in J3 AND THEN (i’m so excited) brought back into the big picture of mainland asia by J4.

I like it 8)

In my game againt cameron, i took Australia on J2 and now I have New Zealand isolated for a walk-in on J3. The problem with taking Australia on J2 is that you need to be able to spare quite a few infantry, I had to send 4 over with bb support.

• ya hopfuly the brits have used the india tranny to transport the aussie inf. to africa

• Turn 1 excluding mainland actions which are slightly hampered by the lack of the 2 men not coming across from the philipines.

What I usually do is kill the hawaiian fleet via bomber battleship and sub. Hits are taken in the following manner sub, battleship and then bomber. If I have killed the sub and the aircraft carrier I will leave the plane as I don’t want to get hit by his 4 defense and sacrifice my bomber for the plane. This basically depends on how the roll of the dice went.

At the same time I take the other battleship, aircraft carrier with one plane and transport from phillapenes and hit australia. I am not sure of the odds but I take this without much difficulty.

Turn 2 excluding mainland
    Transport remaining men from australia to new zealand. If you don’t have enough men you can grab one from the solomones and still hit nz in the same turn. (Essentially your aircraft carrier and battleship and idle this turn unless the british made a mistake with the transport placement from India. In a noncombat move fly one plane to Japan so it can reach hawaii next turn.

Turn 3
    Take ac, battleship, 2 men from new zealand, one plane from Japan and hit hawaii. This should be cake walk. At this point it is likely that the american has moved remaining sea units through panama sea zone to go after germany. Now they have a problem. Japan can hit any territory on western seaboard from Alaska to panama. I usually take 2 transports and hit Alaska with my other battleship to compound this problem for the US. My whole plan is to get some resources from America to fight Japan. At the end of turn 3 Japan has 4 men in Alaska with a battleship, 2 men likely in Hawaii with Battleship and aircraft carrier with 2 planes. The US player will have to buy some units to counter this in Western America. This is not good enough however, you need to get them to deploy them against Alaska and other spots. We must make America defend America or the game is over before it starts. This should buy Germany time. On this turn

Turn 4 buy IC in india. You should have around 40 units coming in per turn now. Russia should be consolidating around moscow. You need to push the russians back but not to overextend yourself.

Good Luck

• I have a Jap. strat that I want to post but I need to find the time first

• Keep in mind, Japan Amp assaulting Pearl Harbor does three things. First, it forces America to watch W.US. Second, it gives Japan 1 IPC/Turn for awhile (it adds up). Lastly, it puts the Japaneese Transport out of position, getting those Infantry to Russia gets harder.

• It alsostops the US from being able to launch a full assault against your forces.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m