• Sure no problem. The reason why I suggested three fighters instead of two was it order to absorb hits after Pearl Harbor. Most likely the defending player will hit for two so I remove the sub and 1 ftr. This leaves 2 ftrs ready to land on the carrier. In order to make up for China, I would instead send the bomber to Asia for attack. With 2 BB, 2 ftrs I don’t think you’ll have to worry about not getting enough hits. The great thing is that on the next turn I can then use the bomber to strat bomb Russia! Besides bombers don’t ake for great defence against an inevitable US counterattack. Again this is just my personal taste.

• I get what you are saying, but the only FTR that can make landfall at Hawaiian Islands at all is the one on the CV, and it only has 1 move left afterward. Therefore, to make the attack you have to move the CV to the Hawaiian Islands SZ. This necessitates that you can only use 1 FTR TOTAL in the SZ battle, because all fighters must have a way to land at the end of the turn. If I designate both FTRs to land on the CV, that’s all I can get, 'cuz that’s all that can land (whether they’re destroyed or not). That’s why I use the Philippines FTR in the attack–Hawaii is just about the only place it can legally be used to attack T1.

If I hold a FTR in Manchuria or Japan HI out of any battles in Asia, then I can land it on the CV on NonCombat (providing that USA has destroyed the one I used to attack the SZ) for 2 FTR’s defensively. But I personally do not think the extra FTR is that necessary (though it is certainly desirable), for reasons stated above.

Alternatively if I chose to attack only the SZ and not the Islands (or to only attack the Islands with 2 INF or 1 ARM and NO FTR), then I could use up to 3 planes in the attack, since the one on the CV at the start of the game can land on an island nearby, if it must.The key is that all planes involved in an attack must have a legal landing place–or they can’t attack!

The BMR can land on Manchuria after an attack on Hawaiian Islands SZ–putting it in a position where it can attack Moscow T2.

Ozone27

[ This Message was edited by: Ozone27 on 2002-03-12 17:57 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Ozone27 on 2002-03-12 17:59 ]

• You said that all fighters (3) must have a way to land at the end of the turn. If I designate both FTRs to land on the carrier, that’s all I can get, whether they’re destroyed or not. Now I did some play testing with the CD ROM game of A&A and found out that you don’t need to designate which ftr lands on the carrier before the battle actually starts. Only after the battle do you decide where the planes must land. So if you plan to land 3 planes on the carrier and 1 is destroyed, then you can land the remaining two on the carrier.

Of course I could be wrong and this may just be another bug in the A&A CD version (which isn’t the first time). Can someone shed some light on this?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m