Tiger tanks molded in the Japanese Colour.

• that’s really interesting. because as I’ve said before it’s very clear in my rulebook the units are the old units.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

Yavid is in fact correct. When I had Dave’s game, the rulebook had the pics of the old sculpts as shown in his video. I just opened the rulebook that came with my game I received from CoolstuffInc last week and, low and behold, pics of the new pieces! Apparently the mistake was caught and updated before too many copies were printed. Someone owes Yavid an updated book!

• @Variable:

Yavid is in fact correct. When I had Dave’s game, the rulebook had the pics of the old sculpts as shown in his video. I just opened the rulebook that came with my game I received from CoolstuffInc last week and, low and behold, pics of the new pieces! Apparently the mistake was caught and updated before too many copies were printed. Someone owes Yavid an updated book!

I haven’t even bothered to figure out if my 1st. copy of 41 rules has the new sculpts or the old sculpts in the pics.

• @Variable:

That’s funny because I have two copies of the game and both rulebooks are the same. and I got them a week apart.

• Customizer

I got mine from CoolStuffInc shipped after the 27th. Maybe the early preview copies sold early didn’t have the finalized rulebooks.
    This kinda brings me back to the old Milton Bradley original where it clearly shows a Painted GHQ sherman as one of the pieces.
    I was so disappointed at not finding pieces shown on the box that I have been making my own pieces ever since and only bought the new versions sporadically til now.

My rulebook looks like the one from this thread
    http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=27829.0

• got both copies of my game a few days apart and both rule books are differant, most noticeably on page 22.

• Customizer

Lucky you.
    I’m tempted to deshrink a mint copy to see.

• Customizer

I think the “generic” sculpts were for a reason other than cheapness. Remember Classic A&A had only infantry as a nation spacific sculpt. I think intent was atleast in part for nostalgia for those of us who remember the MB version. On a second note I am pleased as all hell that we finally got an HE-111!

• '12

I have the corrected version.  The unit profiles were corrected but they still missed:

1. All other silhouettes used throughout the book are the classic ones that don’t match the pieces in the game.

2. The example picture on P.11 uses artillery and AA, neither of which are in the game.

3. The way aircraft are assigned to carriers on the setup charts is written differently for the USA then it is for the British and Japanese.

4. Most important…the set up chart for the USA still says 15.

Maybe we’ll see a third version soon.  :mrgreen:

I still have yet to play it (I got it this week), but I’m looking forward to it.

• That caught my eye aswell, the tanks in 1942 were an awesome model, kind of weird seeing Japanese Tigers

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m