• EmuGod said
    …you could send the fighter fron Indo to attack the British trannie, and you could still use the bomber from Japan to attack India. You could even send all the infantry fron Indo-China to attack India if Russia hasn’t backed up the British.

[XI]Oh-KAY! If you waqnna send 2 inf(@ a roll of 1)and 1 bmr(@ a roll of 4 or less) agin 2 inf(@ a roll of 1 or 2)and 1 ftr(@ a roll of 4 or less) . . . YOU GO RIGHT AHEAD. :lol: :evil:

city on a hill replied
    You would do more damage to Japan if you rolled four tanks per turn out of Africa… India just distracts… and it will always fall in the first four rounds anyway…

[Xi]I think I asked this somwhars else, but “doncha havta hava IC on AES & S AFR to get 2 arm per turn outn Aferca?”

EmuGod responded
    Building an IC in Africa is very difficult, especially because in order to successfully dump troops into Africa well, the Allies have to spend a few turns building transports.

[Xi]Wahs wrong wif -

US1: build 3 trn & 4 inf(36 IPCs, 0 IPC left),
    -NO COMBAT LIKELY in Atlantic unless bmr & ftrs can hit Ger. sub,
    -MOVE - 2 ftrs where needed, bmr to UK, (PAC)bb, trn, and whatever to
    W PAN sz
    -PLACE UNITS - 3 trns(EUS sz) & 4 inf in EUS
    -COLLECT INCOME: 34 IPCs

US2: build 2 trn & 6 inf(34 IPCs, 0 IPC left)
    -COMBAT MOVE: 3 trns move 6 inf to ALG(battle or uncontested),
    bmr SBR on Germany(or can hit ALG with the inf,
    2 ftrs to KAL/or hit ALG with inf if stationed on AC from US1
    Note: FWA may be selected for invasion, but US bmr nor ftrs may assist. This gives fewer german ftrs the opportunity to assist in counterattack on G3.
    -PLACE UNITS - 2 trns(EUS sz) & 6 inf in EUS
    -COLLECT INCOME: 32 or possibly still 34 IPCs

I think you can see where this is going. Even if Germany attempts to bomb/strafe the trns he’s taking a chance on losing a valuable piece he will need desperately later in the game.

city on a hill mistakenly proclaimed
    B) Under no circumstances should the UK lose control over greater Africa to the Germans! Let me explain why…

The odds are that the UK will take Egypt, but lose 2 of the 3 inf…

[Xi]This plan has already been shot down on another string.
    –----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    “If our world should ever be ruined, it will be by the warriors.” - Montesquieu(I guess he didn’t know any politicians). :lol:

• Or rather, purified through hearty debate and discussion. :D

• ……
    G1: Battleship, infantry-loaded transport attack brit sub, with both infantry landing in Egypt. Those two join with the tank and inf from Libya. E. Euro fighter moves into Egypt, bomber also.

Setup: 3 inf, 1 arm, 1 fighter, 1 bomber, + Battleship pot shot

VS,

1 inf, 1 arm.

Uhmmmm…
    If germany doesn’t take out the UK fleet in the first (or second) turn, the game is just ended: US and UK start to but transport and sooner or later french will fall, and the germany is quite out of the game.
    This night we will try with the russian restricted rule, hoping that the axis may be more challenging. In the last plays germany falls before URSS and the game is over

• I guess the hard part about the IC in AFR is that it is really vulnerable to being taken by either JAP or GER. COAH, do you suggest that UK merely uses the IC to hold AFR, or should they use AFR as some sort of staging ground for harassing JAP or GER?

I find that the biggest challenge as the Allies is containing Japan long enough to hurt GER. In order to contain Japan, the IC in AFR doesn’t really help the Allies much I find. The IC in IND makes more sense for this, but then JAP can check this by building up Indochina little by little and then taking IND eventually.

What do you guys think is the best way to pen Japan in while the Allies put the boots to GER?

• Xi wrote: EmuGod said
    …you could send the fighter fron Indo to attack the British trannie, and you could still use the bomber from Japan to attack India. You could even send all the infantry fron Indo-China to attack India if Russia hasn’t backed up the British.

[XI]Oh-KAY! If you waqnna send 2 inf(@ a roll of 1)and 1 bmr(@ a roll of 4 or less) agin 2 inf(@ a roll of 1 or 2)and 1 ftr(@ a roll of 4 or less) . . . YOU GO RIGHT AHEAD.

How aboutincreasing it to three infantry attacking India by moving one from Indo, the two from the Philippines, the fighter and the bomber. That sbhould increase the odds of success.

• I agree with SUD, you NEVER want to buy an IC for the Allies. All extra IPCs should go into buying a larger transport fleet.

• I agree with SUD, T_6, & E_G_.

::___::, coah was concentrating on showing Africa. He just left the other attacks off. Though I don’t think I’d go for AES until G2(move all Africa units 1 territory south[+2 IPCS] and NONCOM trn 2 inf to LIB, I certainly would not use the bmr, though some do).
    –---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    “Where if your enemy fights with intensity he will survive but if not he will perish, it is called ‘fatal terrain’. On fatal terrain always engage in battle.” - Sun-tzu, The Art of War

• Either way you’re going to be in a tight spot.

• T_6,
    I think I see how you got 2500 posts! :o
    Only about 1 in 7 is of any sustantial length.
    I think Yanny should give you 1 post credit for every 8 posts to make it fair. You’d still have more posts than me and be gaining on Big Y every day!
    –----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I think I’m gonna call you ‘Shorty’ :) (T_6 sounds like you and Ahnold Schwartenagger would be twins. :lol: - Xi

• T_6,
    I think I see how you got 2500 posts!
    Only about 1 in 7 is of any sustantial length.
    I think Yanny should give you 1 post credit for every 8 posts to make it fair. You’d still have more posts than me and be gaining on Big Y every day!

Well, I dunno. It seems like your post are often too long for my taste :)
    Besdies, if you wouldn’t want me to go into “substantial length” would you? But the only way to solve this is through a game of Axis and Allies!

• Okay, I take yawn :P ,but I’d better ask for a rain check until I can get my hands on a copy of 3rd ed. rules :roll: and study them. Boy, are the guys I usually play with(2-3 games a month) gonna be pi–ed!
    @TG:

It seems like your post are often too long for my taste. :) Besides, if you wouldn’t want me to go into “substantial length” would you? But the only way to solve this is through a game of Axis and Allies!

:oops: (embarrassment, actually)Yeah! I think you are right. My thoughts are faster than my typing skills, too. That’s why they are “hard to decipher” as you said, in a previous post. I’ll try to get off my SOAPBOX(but, it was fun beatin’ F_S in the ‘gun’ discussion. :D
    Did I do that? - Xi(also a famous line from a popular tv show)

• Hahaha, those we’re good times. Hardly do I ever see a debate actually “End.” Only a few times (ex. racial profiling) have I given my “Case Closed!” signature. Usually people just quit and don’t respond to your post anymore.

• Veritas, veritas, I say unto thee . . . - Xi
    –----------------------------------------------
    Achoo, Bruce Lee? - correct the misquote

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m