• I need help on usa b/c i love that counrty but i always lose on it too! I go to Western Europe and to africa and do all that stuff, but i still lose. Maybe it bad luck. Can some1 post a U1 U2 and mybe U3 plz!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

• Alright, let me try out a USA strategy here. I’m not very good as th eUS, but I do alright.

US1 - Make sure you and the British have been planning out your moves together. Hopefully, Great Britain was smart enough to buy a carrier on its turn. You should also buy one, along with infantry and a transport. First, depending on Japan’s attack on Hawaii, make your move accordingly. If you can destroy the Japanese fleet, then do so but against an experienced Japanese player, you most likely wil be unable to. If you cannot, retreat your battleship and transport in the Western USA Coast toward the Panama canal. If there are elements of the German navy you can attack, such as any submarines, do so with your bomber. Bring two infantry on your transport in the Eastern USA to Great Britain and unload them. Place your carrier and transport on the Eastern USA and any infantry on Eastern USA. If Japan has taken Western USA, make sure to reinforce it with the infantry. Land your fighters on the British carrier in the UK SEa zone. You may also move an infantry from western USA to Western Canada to help protect Alaska. Land your bomber in Britain too.

US2 - Purchase transports and infantry. If Finland’s defence is weak and it has not been taken by either Russia or Britain, move your forces in Britain with your transport there and use your planes from the British carrier to attack Finland. You should keep moving more transports and infantry to the British sea zone. Hopefully, the British player landed his/her fighters on your carrier in order to protect your transports from the German bomber. DO NOT move your carrier out of hte Easter nUSA sea zone. Move the infantry to Alaska and place more infantry on Eastern USA and the transports there as well. Land forces at Finland.

US3 - This will most likely be your time to strike. Coordinate with the British an attack on England’s turn. The British will probably move some transports and their carrier with your fighters on it to protect the transports for an invasion of Libya. Move some transports with some infantry to Africa to reinforce the British if need be, or simply land more forces at Finland if the British do not need your help. Move more infantry into Karelia to reinforce the Russians. Do not forget to mvoe your carrier with the British fighters to the UK sea zone to protect your transports there. Your battleship and transport from the west should have arrived by now, so move them to the Eastern USA sea zone. Place more transports on the Eastern USA sea zone and more infantry on Eastern USA.

Be ready to help the British in attacking either Africa or Western Europe in future turns. Do not forget to continuously protect your transports. Wipe out enemy ships and continue to reinforce the British and Russians. Some players like to build an IC in Findland if they captured it themselves, so do so if yo uwould like to pump out 2 tanks a turn to help Russia.

• USA - Build 3 Transports 3 Infantry. Bring 2 Infantry to Algeria. Send Fighters to a British built Carrier. Send bomber to Britain. Move whats left of the Pacific fleet to Atlantic. Move remainder of Chineese to 1 province, either Sinkang or India.

But thats just me.

• The problem with the Algeria attack on turn 1 is that your transport will be lost. Also, I find that some experienced German players will send their transport with 2 infantry to invade Gibraltar and to reinforce Algeria. which means that your 2 infantry that attack at 1 would be facing at least 1 infantry that defends at 2.

• The Transport really isnt important. There will be 3 built at the end of the turn, and 1 coming in from the Pacific. Hell, I get a chance to take out a German fighter.

• Well, at least send the bomber to help the troops in Algeria. That will drastically increase your chances of success.

• THZ Yanny and EmuGod for the Usa strategy!!! this will help me a lot!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Let me know if the strategy helps and works. Don’t forget to constantly coordinate your attacks with Britain and to provide cover for your transports. Later in the game, when your number of transport increases a lot, it wont be as necessary but do so anyway.

• Actually, this plan assumes there is no infantry in Algeria. If there is one there, attack directly below it.

• What makes yo uthink that Germany didnt take French West Africa and still reinforce Algeria?

• I’d laugh at Germany and cripple him with UK )

• You suggest for the US to send whatever is left of the Pacific fleet to E.US. I have done that, but then I find that I am vulnerable to Japanese harassment - shouldn’t you have something gaurding the W. coast?

• Only really if Japan is preparing to make a move against the Americas themselves. Just keep at least 1-2 infantry on Western USA and on Alaska. If you see Japan preparing for an attack, build up your forces in the Pacific. It probably won’t come to that, because Japan needs to pressure Russia in order to help Germany out.

• @panderson:

You suggest for the US to send whatever is left of the Pacific fleet to E.US. I have done that, but then I find that I am vulnerable to Japanese harassment - shouldn’t you have something gaurding the W. coast?

Very rarely will a Japanese player attack the coast. If you see transports massing in Hawaii, Alaska, or otherwise within 2 spaces, simply dump your cash into inf for the west coast. True, if they take Alaska, that’s sometimes a pain in the ass, but usually a short-lived one.

• E_G_,
    How can Japan take W US(sz even) on J1?

Worried about invasion of WUS? Determine what Rising Sun forces can be brought to bear(including bb and ftr support) and figureout what you need to hold 'em off.

NOTE: Do NOT move all forces to WCAN if Alaska is invaded.
    If you do then Japanese trns pick up forces and drop them in WUS(10 IPCs fer dem bad guys)!
    –---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    “We have met the enemy and he is us.” - Pogo(character and comic strip of the same name), Walt Kelly

• coah,
    In a previous post U sayed :P
    You would do more damage to Japan if you rolled four tanks per turn out of Africa…
    Whacha gonna do? Build an IC in SA and an IC in AES? Dat’s a lotta IPCs inta factories before you get rollin’!

@city:

B) Under no circumstances should the UK lose control over greater Africa to the Germans! Let me explain why…

G1: Battleship, infantry-loaded transport attack brit sub, with both infantry landing in Egypt. Those two join with the tank and inf from Libya. E. Euro fighter moves into Egypt, bomber also.

Setup: 3 inf, 1 arm, 1 fighter, 1 bomber, + Battleship pot shot
    v 1 inf, 1 arm.

WHAT IF…(for Africa and MED sz only)

G1: 32 IPCs to spend- purchase 8 inf(24 IPCs) & 1 trn(8 IPCs)- total 32 IPCs spent[no IPCs remain]

COMBAT: 1 inf (ALG) to FWA,
    1 inf &1 arm(LIB) to FEA,
    1 ftr 1 ss v. 1 bb in GIB sz, and (maybe)
    1 ftr(UKR) v. 1 ss in W MED sz

NONCOMBAT MOVES:
    2 inf(S EUR)bridge by trn(CMED sz)to LIB,

PLACE NEW UNITS:
    6 inf in GER,
    2 inf in S EUR(should be 2 inf & 1 arm there for combat move to AES on G2),
    1 trn in C MED sz(should be 2 trns & 1 bb to amphib. ass./one shot bombard to AES on G2),

I think you’ve got problems to deal with.
    –---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    “Evaluating the enemy, causing the enemy’s ch’i to be lost and his forces to scatter sothat even if his disposition is complete he will not be able to employ it, this is victory through the Tao.” - Wei Liao-Tzu, Chinese military theoretician/advisor, Fourth century B.C.

• Xi,

If an opponent used this against me, I would do 3 main things…

A) STILL build an IC in S. Africa.—With this plan, you are 2 moves away from S. Africa, which to me means 4 inf. (and a fighter or 2 flown in.)

B) Send my bomber at your 2 defenceless trannies. ( the odds are in my favor, especially if your fighter missed my sub, and I send that in also)

C) Dominate the North Atlantic. Your lone battleship is now within range of 2 Brit fighters and 1 trannie. Germany can’t afford to replace anything like it in the water, so with my domination, I will resupply Africa from the north, crushing your forces from 2 sides.

Summary: 4 doomed Nazis in Africa with NO BACKUP IN SITE.

Please reply to this, Xi. Healthy criticism usually forces me to think harder and strengthen my strategies. Thanx.

• coah,
    I play using 2 hit bb, so if you don’t this doesn’t apply . . .

Xi, If an opponent used this against me, I would do 3 main things…
    A) STILL build an IC in S. Africa.—With this plan, you are 2 moves away from S. Africa, which to me means 4 inf. (and a fighter or 2 flown in.)

(I TAKE IT FTR is FLOWN FROM IND[abandoned] AS GERMAN UNITS HAVE CUT OFF YOUR UK FTRS, if you land them in GIB to hop south I hit them with 2-4 inf + ftrs/bmr)

B) Send my bomber at your 2 defenceless trannies. ( the odds are in my favor, especially if your fighter missed my sub, and I send that in also)

(You seem to have forgotten the Nazi bb that is in the C MED sz w/2 trns)
    _C) Dominate the North Atlantic. Your lone battleship is now within range of 2 Brit fighters and 1 trannie.[NOT - The trn is gone]
    Germany can’t afford to replace anything like it in the water, so with my domination, I will resupply Africa from the north, crushing your forces from 2 sides.
    (You’d have to rebuild your navy as it was devastated on G1(not included here as I figure you could guess that

Summary: 4 doomed Nazis in Africa with NO BACKUP IN SITE.
    [NOT] again!

(You’ve also forgotten to account for the JPN bb, 2 trns and 4 inf that will come for you around J4. Please, look elsewhere on this website for the explanation of this move).

Of course, the US(the original point of this string) could be shipping to ALG quite adequately by US2. What a mess we would have in Africa then :lol: :P :roll:
    –-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    “One who speaks deferentially but increases his preparations will advance; one who speaks belligerently and advances hastily will retreat.” - Sun-tzu, The Art of War_

• Xi

I do play 2-hit…. otherwise it’s a bit ridiculous…

You’re right, I didn’t realize that you meant to keep the battleship in the C Med. That changes things quite a bit. What you said about Japan, though is, I think, the most critical part. Africa might be seen as a battle that is one by the first friend to show up. (Japan and the US race to the center) Japan is still, I believe, the only major reason that the UK would need assistance from the US. (This also adds to the arguement that Japan CAN NOT afford an invasion attempt on California… Africa must be taken…)

Also, about my plan with bringing fighters to S. Africa’s defence…

I usually do a shorter version of your African assistance plan thing, so the UK might be dealing with 2 Japanese inf in Egypt in Round 2, of 4 inf in Round 4. The 2 UK fighters will likely be sent to the Caucasus on UK1. From there, they can hit Egypt and fly south to land… wherever… or they could just go to that African territory and wait for a later attack. Now, if you, as Japan, have 4 inf coming, but not until Rd 4, I will have bunkered down 6 inf, 2 fighters, and maybe a bomber in S. Africa. You will not take the IC, but you will have forced me to abandon my offensive against Germany. Good form. :D The US will have to deal with the Nazis, now. This distracts the US from European invasion for 3-6 rounds, and when you can do that, you are tipping the scales in your favor.

I wish I had an opponent like you that I could play against live. :)

• @EmuGod:

Well, at least send the bomber to help the troops in Algeria. That will drastically increase your chances of success.

I though the bomber was sub hunting? No double commiting please :)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m