• What are your views on a 2nd turn USA IC in Finland?

PROS and CONS?

• Might be interesting, I don’t know never tried it. I think transporting troops into europe might be more efficient than building then there though. You would need transports anyway to make your attack against Germany very quick (without them your offensive would be stalled for about 3 or more turns). Ya ne znayoo (translation: I don’t know)

• I can’t see it happening. You would need to take Finland on turn 1. Now, barring a German attack into Karelia, there will be 3 infantry 1 tank there. With only 1 transport, I don’t see how the US might take it. Now, a 3rd turn US IC might just get interesting.

• if you did manage to get one there, it would be good for pumping out fighters and tanks, while using your trannies for troops. That would definatly secure Karelia for the Russians, and be a good launching port for air and naval assaults.

• and for SBR’s

• yanny you got a jap ic in switz and you can’t see this happening im surprized

• I can see it.
    1st turn Russia attacks fin, then retreats after doing sufficient damage. They also kill the baltic fleet(of course). USA turn they take fin.
    Nextround britain reinforces with 2-4 inf USA builds IC.
    Next round USA builds inf.
    Next round UK inf go to karelia.
    USA then builds inf for russian defense, strat bombs germany(from UK though), and tanks when Russia is about to launch an offensive (for clean up and support purposes)

• I can see it.
    1st turn Russia attacks fin, then retreats after doing sufficient damage. They also kill the baltic fleet(of course). USA turn they take fin.
    Nextround britain reinforces with 2-4 inf USA builds IC.
    Next round USA builds inf.
    Next round UK inf go to karelia.
    USA then builds inf for russian defense, strat bombs germany(from UK though), and tanks when Russia is about to launch an offensive (for clean up and support purposes)
    Its almost as good as the JAp IC in Switz

• '10

just buy another us transport, it’s cheaper.

• but the tranny will need to be defended more. Newly purchased units can defend the IC. The tranny’s cargo can not help it defend.
    Also, germany would have to be an idiot to SBR the US instead of Russia.

• '10

On the contrary, the tranny will add defensive firepower to the allied fleet.

• not much
    (a 1)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m