Concealed Carry Law - My bet is most A&A players are for it.

• It’s a damn shame, that one of these women weren’t properly trained and equipped with a canceled weapon. It’s interesting how much our American society has become a revolving door in which criminals learn better ways to commit crimes in jail, and then test out their applications after they’ve been released in the minimal amount of time.

What kind of a low life would go out of his way to steal a woman’s car, left alone stab them? The same low life that would carry a concealed weapon even if it was against the law! I know if I was caught in similar circumstances knowing the reality of the situation, I would not hesitate to blow the person away with my Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter a la Clint Eastwood style. Does that in any ways make me a bloodthirsty killer? No, I pride myself on a law-abiding citizen that has never been arrested, but I also pride myself on being able to protect myself and the lives of others around me.

“Where guns are outlawed, only outlaws carry guns.” – Famous Saying

• Read what I read in my NRA magazine. The private citizens of Great Britian gave up their right to own any gun (even for hunting, I believe) a few years ago. The crime rate has soared since then. Now only criminals own guns there. The Parliament(sp?) has sought to(or by now done so) pass a law to get criminals to turn in there guns!
    HA!
    –-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Ha this is almost as futile as Australia’s Buyback campaign that cost the country $550 million and resulted in higher crime rates!

• There should be a “people’s gun” given to each citizen after they get their license. IMO it would lower crime…how much people are going to commit violent acts if everyone had a gun?

I guess there should be restrictions on carrying the guns in bars and airports though.

• I agree. In Switzerland, by law, every household must contain at least one fully automatic assault rifle. Guess what? Their homicide and violent crime rate is well below ours.

• tHE RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS IS SUPPOSED TO GIVE YOU PROTECTION FROM THE GOVERNMENT NOT OTHER PEOPLE THAT UNFORTUNATELY IS THE GOVERNMENTS JOB. IT IS THE AGREEMENT WE MAKE IN GIVING UP CERTAIN FREEDOM AND LIBERTY IN EXCHANGE FOR SECURITY. BELIEVE IT OR NOT YOU ARE MUCH MORE SECURE FROM UNTIMELY DEATH THAN EVER BEFORE. I WOULD RATHER ALLOW ASSUALT WEAPONS AND EVEN TANKS BEFORE HANDGUNS FOR THE VERY FACT YOU CAN’T JUST WALK DOWN THE STREET WITH THEM.

• That’s funny since the majority of cases that involve self defense with a firearm is usually a handgun.

• '19 Moderator

That is the way I read it in my “1st Freedom” magazine.

• “tHE RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS IS SUPPOSED TO GIVE YOU PROTECTION FROM THE GOVERNMENT NOT OTHER PEOPLE THAT UNFORTUNATELY IS THE GOVERNMENTS JOB.”

Darkstar thinks that the public does not need guns for protection because we have the police. This is false thinking. In the first place, police cannot be everywhere whenever somebody wants to victimize us. There aren’t enough police for that, and there never could be. And they are, for the most part, visible to the criminals since they are mostly in uniform for some very good reasons. Criminals choose to victimize us when no officer is around. And it takes much less time for the criminal to rob us and maybe kill us than it usually takes police to arrive, even if somebody immediately calls for them.

Besides this, police are not even legally required to protect us individually. Their role is to deter criminality by creating the possibility that a criminal will be punished after doing the criminal act. The truth is that we are responsible for protecting ourselves because we are the only ones who can do it, and that we should also consider it a duty to protect each other to whatever extent we can reasonably. Besides protecting individuals directly, this also protects us all to a degree by creating deterrence because it generally increases the risks taken by criminals.

• Who’s gonna rob a bank where every costomer is packin?

No one.

• Haha, I could agree on this just as long as each and every one of those customers is trained on how to use a gun, gun safety, and carry a permit. :)

• @TG:

I agree. In Switzerland, by law, every household must contain at least one fully automatic assault rifle. Guess what? Their homicide and violent crime rate is well below ours.

you visit the nra site often eh?

UZIs for everyone!

there should be at least a 30 caliber people’s hand gun…anyone with me???

(silence and crickets chirping)

• Against, and i agree on this topic with everything CC said,

Also a little statistic against Moses false claim about Switzerland

Country / Handgun Murders / Population / Rate (per 100,000)
    –---------------------------------------------------------
    United States / 13,429 / 254,521,000 / 5.28
    Switzerland / 97 / 6,828,023 / 1.42
    Canada / 128 / 27,351,509 / 0.47
    Sweden / 36 / 8,602,157 / 0.42
    Australia / 13 / 17,576,354 / 0.07
    United Kingdom / 33 / 57,797,514 / 0.06
    Japan / 60 / 124,460,481 / 0.05

• of course Japan goes a little bit more in for the neuro-weapons of mass destruction on subways than most of the other countries . . . .
    (glad you underlined “on this topic” FS - it would be disturbing if we agreed on anything else :) )

• '19 Moderator

FinsterniS-

Where does that information come from?

Of couse you can use a statistic to prove any point. Are those handgun murers or just deaths, why just hand guns, What is the statistic for knife deaths, what about murders in general. There simply isn’t enough information in your post to actualy draw a proper concusion.

That said I realy don’t want to argue with you, If you don’t like people having guns you should live in a place were they are not allowed.

By the way what are the Firearm restrictions in France?

I regularly go to the indoor range down the street on my lunch hour to get some shooting time in.

• I agree with Dezrt, defensive uses of handguns are used up to 2.5 million million times in America. So is it the criminal or the bystander?

“Country / Handgun Murders / Population / Rate (per 100,000)
    United States / 13,429 / 254,521,000 / 5.28
    Switzerland / 97 / 6,828,023 / 1.42”

What strikes me as odd is the word “handgun” murder. Does a fully automatic assault rifle qualify as a handgun? I really don’t see the need for your statistics. Even then Switzerland has a lower homicide rate than US, what are you trying to prove?

• Also to answer Horten’s question. I’m a member of the NRA, why should I be expected not to? “there should be at least a 30 caliber people’s hand gun” I’m in favor, just as long as you keep those guns out of the wrong people.

• '19 Moderator

Hehe… I don’t have to visit the NRA site, they send me a magazine once a month. :D

• once a month! classic!

@TG:

Also to answer Horten’s question. I’m a member of the NRA, why should I be expected not to? “there should be at least a 30 caliber people’s hand gun” I’m in favor, just as long as you keep those guns out of the wrong people.

yes, we shouldn’t give them to criminals once they are paroled! (spelling!)

Finstein was it? your statistics are flawed, because it counts suicide!

“Since 1960, more than a million Americans have died in firearm-related homicides, suicides, and unintentional shootings. In 1996 alone, 34,040 Americans died by gunfire: 18,166 in firearm suicides, 14,327 in firearm homicides, 1,134 in unintentional shootings, and 413 in firearm deaths of unknown intent.”

“Most gun deaths in America are not the result of murder (14,327 in 1996), but suicide (18,166 in 1996).”

"A gun is far more likely to be used in suicide, murder, or unintentional shooting than to kill a criminal. According to federal government figures, for every time a citizen used a firearm in 1996 in a justifiable homicide, 160 lives were ended in firearm suicides, murders, and unintentional shootings. "

"In Europe, by contrast, violent crime is rising. Many factors are responsible, but it’s clear that strict gun control laws aren’t helping.

In 1996, Britain banned handguns. The ban was so tight that even shooters training for the Olympics were forced to travel to other countries to practice. In the six years since the ban, gun crimes have risen by an astounding 40%. Britain now leads the U.S. by a wide margin in robberies and aggravated assaults. Although murder and rape rates are still lower than in the U.S., the difference is shrinking quickly. Dave Rogers, vice chairman of the Metropolitan Police Federation, said that, despite the ban, “the underground supply of guns does not seem to have dried up at all.”

Australia also passed severe gun restrictions in 1996, banning most guns and making it a crime to use a gun defensively. In the subsequent four years, armed robberies rose by 51%, unarmed robberies by 37%, assaults by 24%, and kidnappings by 43%. While murders fell by 3%, manslaughter rose by 16%.

And both Britain and Australia have been thought to be ideal places for gun control because they are surrounded by water, making gun smuggling relatively difficult. By contrast gun-smuggling is much easier on the Continent or in the U.S.

Another inconvenient fact is frequently ignored by gun control advocates: Many countries with high homicide rates have gun bans. It is hard to think of a much more draconian police state than the former Soviet Union, with a ban on guns that dated back to the communist revolution. Yet newly released data show that from 1976 to 1985 the USSR’s homicide rate was between 21% and 41% higher than that of the U.S.

Many French politicians complained during their presidential election that the shooting in Paris meant “It’s getting like in America, and we don’t want to see that here.” Americans may draw a different lesson from the evidence, and hope that they don’t become more like the Europeans."

• "yes, we shouldn’t give them to criminals once they are paroled! (spelling!) "

And lets not forget adequate gun safety, competency test (both physical and mental), and training courses! My grandma sure ain’t commit no crimes, but I’m not gonnna about hand over my trusty M1 to her.

“You can take this gun away from me if you pry it out of my cold, dead hands.”

Also Horten, how do you post pictures?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m