• Customizer

“And Rap is NOT music”!!!

“Tall Paul”

• '10

Without any doubt, the fifties!

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

What is this with the '80s being #1 in polling? I mean come on…

Don’t get me wrong, I love everything about the '80s, especially the music, but it in no way can be called “the best”. Besides the '90s it might be the worst, in terms of content and innovation. I sense a “my generation” bias here.

• @LHoffman:

What is this with the '80s being #1 in polling? I mean come on…

Don’t get me wrong, I love everything about the '80s, especially the music, but it in no way can be called “the best”. Besides the '90s it might be the worst, in terms of content and innovation. I sense a “my generation” bias here.

Well of course!

Musical taste is subjective.  People like what they know.

There is no way to definitively answer the OP question.

• Best music was 1978-1984

• I think alot is based on your age as you got into music while you grew up. Mine is 50’s to 70’s.

• Customizer

There is obviously no incorrect answer to this question. It’s all dependant on each respondant’s age and tastes.

Let’s all enjoy our own memories and keep them alive in our lives and souls!

“Tall Paul”

@axis_roll:

Musical taste is subjective.  People like what they know.

There is no way to definitively answer the OP question.

Yeah, yeah… I know. I’m just trying to keep the discussion going and force people to defend why they think something is the best. Devil’s Advocate, you know?  :evil:

I do realize that musical taste is highly subjective. Still… you guys aren’t being very fun about it! Be highly opinionated here!

My rapper/DJ name is “MUSICAL BIGOT” (if I had one anyway). Please feel free to name yourself.

Besides, my generation is '90s/'00s. I even really like the Backstreet Boys (because I grew up with them).

But I can easily recognize that the rock and roll of the mid-late '60s and 1970s is by far superior in creativity, influence and listening pleasure than my generation’s music, or any other. If another was better I would have chosen that decade… but there isn’t a better one.

(part of) Musical Bigot’s Mission Statement:
    The vast majority of today’s music is superficial garbage and lacking in real innovation. We are in a quagmire of sonic same-ness characterized by meaningless lyrics and escalation of noise produced by computer effects. Humanity has been mostly lost in it.

Disclamer: I really like like Dubstep too, at least the somewhat harmonious type. Though I am sure many older folks on this forum might not be familiar with it.

• Yes we all have our own tastes , but how about Irish drinking music thats always festive

@suprise:

Yes we all have our own tastes , but how about Irish drinking music thats always festive

Ah… what the hell! Sure!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m