• '19 Moderator

Why not sign up at AAMC? They have a dice server and in case anyone is interested they suport team games. We could post the turns here.

BTW I’m the one Yanny is in line behind. :wink:

• '19 Moderator

Also, AAMC keeps track of you win/loss record and ranks it’s menbers. So… everyone can see that I for one do not win all my games.

http://www.aamc.net/axisandallies.shtml

• How do you play at AAMC?
    Do I need the PC game to play there?

• '19 Moderator

No, everything you need is available there, and it’s free. All you have to have is an E-mail address. They suport the CD game if you like but they mostly play by Email.

If anyone would like to try it out, go to the web site and register, then let me know and I’ll walk you through a trial game(you can null games so they don’t effect your win loss record)

• The game we play will take months I hope

you guys are willing to play that way. With

school I will have to limit a game to two

hours a week. Any problems with that? Get

back to me.

• I’m good for a long game, I’ll talk to you via email.

• '19 Moderator

Fine by me I already have 3 E-mail games going any way. :grin:

• hi,
    i play with my uncle and and my cousin,my uncle has had the board 4 30 years now,he is extremely experienced at it,and me cant seem to win him with the axis, we do not have rules but he remembers they,so i dont know if half his moves are correct,so this is what happens am normally germany my cousin is normally japan,“WE PLAY RUSSIA RESRICTED”
    ,well he does nothing really with russia,i build all men first round,take 2 men from norway on transport 2 e.europe put my tank there move all my forces from ukraine to e.europe all my planes and bomber attack english fleet my sub go’s in english waters after fleet is dead and attacks english trnsport in canada,attack english sub in syria iraq after droppin 1 man 1 tank there mover everything i can to e.europe take africa,my uncle now with english kills the transport and battleship in japan with english planes in england and attack the other transport in caraline waters?? i think it is flys the english bomber and kills the sub in soloman and lands on australia,but ew can never seem to get a hold in asia with japan he flys 1 russian plane to india and 1 to the america aircraft carrier,he also with the english transporters he drops america men and tanks into kerilia,ermember america get the go before germany he uses them to defend asia agaist the japs who cant really put up a good fight seeing as they are getting 20IPc’s each go and spending most of fleet, but nearin the end of the game after i defeat russia, i have to defend kereli,now this is what he does if all else failes he drops 1 man on spain and pays 3 ipcs then he said after you do that you can land how many men on there anyone can take it?? is that true…. well then next go he drops about 15 men on spain kills the men in gibralter,i now have all my tanks in kerilia after defeating russia not able to get back to atack tem men so i cant just go at him with men i defend wait till i get all my me bac , americas go he sends all his fleet and prepares to land on southern europe so now i have to defend western europe and southern europ i cant get to southern europe in time with men i really dant want to risk defendin it with tanks,he then moves the few russian tanks he done a runner with near the start of the game back to russia to take russia he then moves his english forces what was building up in asia to russia aswell,leaving the americans what normally get builds a factorie with aswell in asia to defend it from japan,germany is still beaten after fighting with russia,and germany after imense presure normally falls i cant attack russia he’s constantly bombing germany and after a while germany normally falls america and england own all of asia i cant even get down there knowing that he will drop men in norway if i move from kerelia…what shall i do??

• '19 Moderator

First, go to hasbro’s web site and print a copy of the rules.

Then work on your grammer and spelling. I’ll be the first to admit that I can’t spell very well and my grammer is far from perfect, however if you want to ask a question the people who read it have to be able to understand.

• I agree I really can’t suggest any advice

if I can’t understand what you are saying.

• hey i had to type that fast i cant help my spelling and grammer but thats the way it is am not spending hours writing a message perfect, just cuz you cant read it its not like its that bad not that you cant read it do you want me to spaces in between it so when i write long letters it will take half the forum up??? so just learn how to read beter and i might work on my grammer and am not writing that agaIN so you will have to struggle if i would have wrote it perfect how long would that have taken me i have other things to do besides waste all my day writing a letter to a forum

• Holy

• “Grammar”

G-R-A-M-M-A-R

“Grammar”.

Ozone27

• g-r-a-m-m-e-r “grammer” …yeah whats your point ??? what are you trying to prove…… you can spell grammer,i asked some simple questions and you insult my grammer i dont care how it is as long as it is readable so get over it fag

• '19 Moderator

I wasn’t tring to insult you I just couldn’t understand your post. Try breaking it up into seperate questions. Smallerposts are easier to read.

Here is the web site for the rules to Axis & Allies:

http://www.hasbro.com/default.asp?x=cc_gameandtoyinstructions

• yeah, we’re idiots. so please treat us like that and use an occational period and/or comma, please?

• Funny stuff….

Been playing the game close to 18 years now myself. Have won plenty, have lost plenty.

I play in two clubs…the aforementioned AAMC for PBEM play and Spring1942.com for CD play. Have played close to a 1000 games on-line.

In a discussion about the game, I find that it is useful to note the rules and whether a bid is involved. Without a bid, the Axis will very rarely win against the Allies, even with Russia Restricted. Bids typically range 18-21 for standard 2nd Edition Rules with 1 Hit BB and No Russia Restricted. With RR bids are normally in the 6-10 range. In 3rd Edition, with 2 hit BB, bids are typically in the 15-17 range. In 3rd edition with RR, bids are typically 6-8.

This is the first time I have visited this site. If you want to learn about strategy, I highly suggest you visit Spring1942.org, Balance-of-Power.net or AAMC.net All of these clubs have well developed websites with plenty of advanced strategy. I particularly suggest you visit the GOA corners at Spring1942.org

Regarding people who never lose…hehe. I have heard that literally hundreds of times from guys who have joined one or the other of the clubs I belong to. As noted above, the quality of your opponents is what matters. EVERYONE joins the clubs thinking they are the best. They beat their buddies…best on the block. Sorry, but your buddies aren’t quality opponents. The clubs I mentioned have some of the best players in the world, IMO, and I guarantee you they ALL lose at least 25% of the time. In the literally thousands of players that have come and gone over the years, there are very very few who can win 75% or more of their games against quality opponents.

If you want to lose feel free to drop me a line. If by chance you win, I will gladly introduce you to plenty of others who play at a very high level of skill. The one thing I guarantee you…is that you will lose against top opponents. Why? Because as I have noted, even the very very best lose. Sometimes they are outplayed, sometimes it is an even match, but they lose to dice.

Final, food for thought. It is simple really, why club play is very advanced compared to beating your university or college buddies. One, all the players are hardcore addicts. Two, there are literally thousands of players who play each other all over the world. Three, like anything that involves competition…the only way to become elite is to work up to playing the elite. And fourth, the ability to share information, look over games played by others, etc is unparalleled in club play.

Look for me in either Spring1942 or AAMC. My on-line name is Soon_U_Die.

Happy gaming, hope to see some of you around. I’ll bookmark this site and visit from time to time. Take care.

SUD

• Sud you certainly amaze me! What you just said sounds like an echo. I think many of the others have caught on…. Why don’t you?
    It sees to me that you are narrow minded and
    possibly can’t comprehend what soemones real intentions were. Think about why I choose to come on this site like I did. You seem to be getting a little bent out of shape for such a small prize. In my book I agree with “everyone loses” and that the best can be beat. You are right when it comes to this
    no argument there. However, Once again…
    What were my real intentions to coming on this site? I’ll help you out a little bit because you seem to be behind the game on this one. LOOKING AT THIS SITUATION FROM A DIFFERENT POINT OF VIEW (hopefully you do this when you play Double A because you certainly haven’t done it here) I came on this site for one reason only. Not to keep my streak alive but to loose and to play other people. So my advice quit worrying about something that is so insignificant.
    Plain and simple I came to this site to play
    upper level competition. I sure have reached
    my objective FAST. I hope you have reached yours.

• King Tiger,

I am glad to see that you are amazed by my amazingness…LOL. But don’t get too defensive…otherwise I might think that your ego is bruised.

Worry? This is entertainment dude. I guess I am just a dolt…damn, didn’t see that pyschological transformation of yours coming. Shoot, if only I could keep up with evolution. Unfortunately, I have missed all those subtle developments and am still stuck in the primordial goo. Pauvre moi.

SUD

• Hey, come on. No need for hostility guys. I recomend you drop it. We’re all here to have some fun with our favorite board game, so lets just not try to provoke each other anymore. Can you handle that? thanks.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m