• About the ONLY thing I never cared for in A&A was the fact that you need at least 2 to play a game. Has anyone ever come up with solitare rules? I play solitare A&A all the time, but I can’t really call it that because I’m only rolling up a few battles to test different strategies. The only way to really acomplish this is to provide the best defense possible. For example what you would do against a certain strategy and not so much a limp resistance just to say one was put up. Any one else try this? I’d like to hear a few different ideas on this. Thanks.

Regards,
    Jeff

• Sounds okay. I play like that to test German strategies vs russia or something like that but i think it would get a little boring playing with every country though.

• This is an excellent strategy tester. Pick your brain getting out of problems…

• Yeah, I do this all the time. In fact I got so bored once to go as far as nearly finishing a game by myself. It was pretty dull.

• i allways play all countries myself, cause no one i know plays the game :smile:

• Yesterday I was bored so I played a game by my self controlling all countries.It was pretty fun at first and I liked the practice but after a while it was I stalemate on all fronts.I think you need more players and different strategies for a good game.

• Playing myself is my way of making new strategies without embarrasing myself when they crash and burn.

• I’ve tried playing by myself all countries, but I just end up letting myself win…

• Yeah that happens to me too.I always let my favourite countries win.

• On 2001-12-23 10:04, Yanny wrote:
    Playing myself is my way of making new strategies without embarrasing myself when they crash and burn.

AH HA!! We now know that Yanny is NOT perfect!! i knew it…:smile:

• nobody is perfect when they first try new strategies.

• No, my secret is out…

• On 2001-12-23 10:04, Yanny wrote:
    Playing myself is my way of making new strategies without embarrasing myself when they crash and burn.

That is most of the point in playing yourself, of course no one has infinite creativity to use when trying to guess how people will counter it…

I find that playing myself helps keep me fit for the game and improves my strategies

• I was simply joking…ha ha ha…get it?
    Of course we all lose…its what makes us stronger.
    There is an expression that I can’t remember exactly word for word, but goes something like;
    “Ones own experience is nothing more than the knowledge of his mistakes”.

[ This Message was edited by: Major_Damage on 2002-01-11 13:08 ]

• i don’t lose

• LMAO!!! Lets not start another debate on losers…

• my alltime a&a record 47 and 1

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m