• i want to try A&A on the computer but i cant find it to buy it, i cant even find the demo, does anyone know wher i can??

• I don’t think they have a demo for it. But try e-bay if you want to get the game for cheap.

• You can buy a 4 Game set which has Axis And Allies in it as of Christmas I believe.

• Yeah, the 4 game set is definitely wonderfully recreated. There’s plenty of other great games included like Panzer General II, a true classic.

• The computer game isn’t that great, it has a lot of bugs even with the patch. For example, I was Japan conducting a naval battle against the UK and my submarines attacked. All of a sudden, they attacked again but no damage registered on the enemy. They kept on attacking and attacking in an infinite loop. These are only some of the bugs. the computer opponents seem to like buying subs and not using them and sometimes not even placing them. For example, the UK once bought 3 submarines in a turn, forgot about 2 of them and only put one down and it never used that one. The computer is also pretty stupid. AS Germany, the game totally depends on the Karelia battle. Whoever wins that wins the game.

• Yeah this happens to me a lot! Especially when you have Destroyers in the battle (Iron Blitz Version). The sad part about it is the only failsafe is to save the game at the end of each turn, there’s no other way to prevent it :sad:

• I’m talking about the regular version! It has lots of other glitches too. Sometimes it likes to freeze if you touch a keyboard button or click during the computer player’s turn.

• It happens in both games.

• Although the computer version has many bugs, I think it is the only way to play with true experts, thru the net.

• There’s a shareware version of the game called Dogs of War floating around on the net. It was supposed to be a full licensed release with planned revisions and updates, but Hasbro shut them down with a copyright lawsuit. A first version was released (with full multiplayer support), and I find it to be quite comprehensive. If you are interested, let me know and I’ll let you know where you can get it. :) I have a couple licenses available as well.

Steve

• Oh Sure, why not!? :D

• That sounds pretty good. I’m just wondering why in every WW2 game I’ve seen there’s always mention of that damned Julius Caesar quote.

• triumph, i am interested in the Dogs of War game you mentioned, anyway i can get ahold of it?
    i used to have the computer version of a+a, but i lost it in a move somewhere, and have very little $$ for buying a new copy :(
    fixitman@earthling.net

• @fixitman:

triumph, i am interested in the Dogs of War game you mentioned, anyway i can get ahold of it?
    i used to have the computer version of a+a, but i lost it in a move somewhere, and have very little $$ for buying a new copy :(
    fixitman@earthling.net

I sent you a private message regarding it. I didn’t know if the email address you typed really is “earthling.net” or if you meant “earthlink.net”. :) hehe Enjoy.

Steve

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m