• I just printed out a World At War map from a file that I modified by resizing it. The map came out 57" X 50". It’s really great to see a bigger map. I should have resized it a little better, but it still looks pretty good. The only thing I have to do to it is label countries and sea zones. If anyone is interested in the file (196k zipped but 15mg unzipped) let me know and I’ll send it to them or if anyone knows where I can post it I’ll do that too. I’ll be doing an A&A map in the next few days.

Regards,
    Jeff

[ This Message was edited by: mogath on 2001-12-16 14:18 ]

• '19 Moderator

Did you print it out on 8x11 sheets? Or on a large printer? I’ve been wondering what it would cost to have a map that large printed.

• I used 8 1/2 X 11 pages and put them together. They fit together great. I did an Axis & Allies map last night. Really came out well. I was going to take my board to a printer and have it professionally done, but I was quoted about three hundred dollars and decided against it. I may have found a cheaper price, but I knew the price would be in that neighborhood so I didn’t bother.

Regards,
    Jeff

[ This Message was edited by: mogath on 2001-12-17 10:45 ]

• Let me know when you get the giant A&A map done….lucky me I work at a printing company! I would print some for every one but the downside is we use presses not ink jets…so the cost would be quite high. Although we do have two 43" printers for doing proofs for clients. I’ll find out more on how “giving” my boss is…

• I printed out a file of an AA map last night. It’s not the official AA map, but one I found on a site. I wanna say I found it at Silex’s site. I just re-colored it, stretched it to fit and printed it out. Came out really nice. All I have to do is piece it together and mount it.
    What I did with my World At War map is I pieced it together in to sections of four. Then I laminated it with clear contact paper. Now I am going to trim it and piece it together then I’m going to measure it and cut it in half and mount it to two pieces of 1/4" plywood so I can fold it. Should be nice when it’s finished.

Regards,
    Jeff

• '19 Moderator

Also what program are you using to view/print your map?

• MGI PhotoSuite for Windows 95. I don’t have anything else other than MS Paint and I use that to print out the bmp files. The good thing about PhotoSuite is it has a stretch to fit option. I’d do the regular A&A board like that, but the bigger you go the picture gets really fuzzy.

Regards,
    Jeff

• Our game group has been looking to do this type of “Expansion” of the game board for some time. Is there places that will enlarge a copyrighted game board for you? Can you do this with low-end color printers and MSPaint? How do you make the .bmp’s bigger? I’d love to get a copy of the file if possible.

• On 2001-12-24 07:52, BladeRunner wrote:
    Our game group has been looking to do this type of “Expansion” of the game board for some time. Is there places that will enlarge a copyrighted game board for you? Can you do this with low-end color printers and MSPaint? How do you make the .bmp’s bigger? I’d love to get a copy of the file if possible.

The copyrighted thing may be an issue. i really don’t know as I’ve never done it like that. Very costly.
    I use a HP Deskjet 612C which is about as lowend as you can get and the copy comes out great. I print it out with MSPaint.
    You can enlarge the bmp file with any graphics program that allows you to stretch to size. I’ll email you the file. It’s about 196k zipped up, but it unzips to a 14meg bmp.
    None of the territories or seazones are marked, so you’ll have to do that, but it’s not hard at all.

Regards,
    Jeff

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m