• Have any of you tried to play at gametableonline?
    There is a small activation fee and it costs a few cents to play by e-mail, but I pay happily, since I find it working quite well.

There is also some very good players around.

• '16 '15 '10

GTO PBE is a great service….I certainly have made liberal use of it.  But there’s also a more obscure and even easier way to play online (for free) and that is using TripleA to play by forum.

Here’s an example of a recent (aa50) game played in this style.  The difference is with AA42 there ‘shouldn’t’ be any bugs in the post-turn summaries since play-by-forum was designed for Revised and AA42 is so similar.

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=23248.0

To set up your game, all you have to do is put the url (in this case 23248) into the URL box in the PBEM screen, and turn on “post save game file” and “post turn summary”, and input the relevant email addresses so all sides receive dice emails.  From then on, it’s all gameplay.  The entire process is automated, so it cuts out the traditional step of having to email your game to your opponent.  Playing this way, you come to the forum, open the file from the forum and your turn (save file and summary) is posted automatically when you are done.

It’s just as convenient as GTO’s PBE but with the save/edit/game history that TripleA has to offer.

Please give it a try…we need to test play-by-forum and make sure it will run bug-free.  I’ll play a test game if anyone is down.

• '12

As soon as I finish my test in mid August I’m getting AAA and making it a priority to test this strat (ie end this charade).

Is it mid-August yet?

• @MrMalachiCrunch:

As soon as I finish my test in mid August I’m getting AAA and making it a priority to test this strat (ie end this charade).

Is it mid-August yet?

Ooohhhh. You’re right! The heat is on! Will Fortress Europe fall? Will this thread end? Will we see the rise of Allied bid?

Stay tuned…

• @coorran:

@MrMalachiCrunch:

Is it mid-August yet?

Ooohhhh. You’re right! The heat is on! Will Fortress Europe fall? Will this thread end? Will we see the rise of Allied bid?

Stay tuned…

Fortress Europe is a massive conspiracy designed to make you think you can win with the Axis… ;)

• Yes it is and I’m even more certain it won’t work. My final is a lot closer than I thought. Sept. 24 so it’ll have to wait til after that.

• '12

Your final, the one you get to take home then hand in for work……is now closer than it was…which was in mid-August…so being much closer it is now Sept 24.  There is an old saying, if you talk the talk, walk the walk.  It didn’t say anything about back-pedaling.

• @MrMalachiCrunch:

Your final, the one you get to take home then hand in for work……is now closer than it was…which was in mid-August…so being much closer it is now Sept 24.  There is an old saying, if you talk the talk, walk the walk.  It didn’t say anything about back-pedaling.

The one in August was the last of the modules, an open book test. The one at the end of Sept is my final to get my certification. If I didn’t have plans on following through, wouldn’t I just ignore this thread?

• @MrMalachiCrunch:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

We have also a saying: “He who does not want to knead bread, is sieving grain for 10 days”. I suppose throwing hay in the air is easier than acctually punching the dough.  :wink:

• '12

Well we wouldn’t want you to take time out from studying for an open book test you do at home now would we.  Go back to sieving grain….I mean studying by all means!

• The final is not open book. My A&A night is reserved for face to face games until then. I won’t have time for an online one until after Sep. 24. Glad you guys are still interested but you’re going to have to wait a month so you can stop acting like you’ve won some sort of victory and save your gloating for the possibilty I fail to defeat Fortress Europe.

• That loss is only a formality :)
    You can also play PBEM if you want no obligation to play live. You could play at your own pace.

• I’d rather play live. This play by email/forum doesn’t sound like fun.

• I have to say that “I accept the challenge only I am really busy for the next month, yeah I also was too busy last month.” is and will always be a classic excuse :)

• @GCar:

I have to say that “I accept the challenge only I am really busy for the next month, yeah I also was too busy last month.” is and will always be a classic excuse :)

Why do you feel you have to say that? This is something you guys could be gloating about if I talked trash and left. I’m still here and still not worried about a handfull of Japanese planes that take at least 3 rounds to get to Germany. I don’t have a lot free time, so deal. In fact, all of these posts I’ve made at work.

• '12

CGar felt the need to say what we all are thinking……

So you will only play live now is your new excuse?  Let me point out the painfully obvious.  Nobody you play live with knows how to play Fortress Europe or even the game from the inkling you are giving me.  PBEM is not fun??? Really, I wonder why so many people play that way…maybe it’s so they can play with a wider group of people and LEARN.

Sure it’s great to have friends over share a few drinks and provide munchies, see some friends you haven’t seen in awhile, but ONLY play face to face?  Sounds like a lame excuse to me.

You have “Yeah But” syndrome… Yeah but I can’t play now… Yeah but I would play but only live…  Yeah but I would play but my cat ate my homework and i have to do it over again.

Sure you are still here, and still making excuses.  I would have had/will respect for you if you just played the damn game and won or even lost.  But you make lame excuses over and over again rather than just putting your money where your mouth is.  Perhaps a new thread should be open so we can do a poll on what your new excuse will be.

There would be no gloating if you just vanished, we have seen your type before…over and over again.  We would do a collective head shake and move on.

Indeed, there would be no gloating if you played and lost.  This is a community of people who really enjoy this game, wins or losses are not personal or should not be at least.  You often learn the most from your defeats.  If you don’t wish to elevate your game, then don’t play, continue to make excuses, I am pretty sure we’ll be able to live with your choice no matter what it is.

Put up or **** up…  :-)

• I have a lot of good comparisons coming to my mind for this situation but I’ll keep it clean and say this: Anyone that doesn’t even know what fortress europe is, is not a good player. Just like someone not knowing what a slap shot is, is for sure not a good hockey player, or someone not knowing what a curveball is, is definitely not a good baseball player.

• But it’s the same . I’m enrolled in a course that ends in Sept. I won’t have much free time until then because I want to pass. I’ll leave until then and come back after the 24th and challenge a Fortress Europe fan.

• '12

Good luck on your course and on your future game.

• @MrMalachiCrunch:

Good luck on your course and on your future game.

Thanks!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m