Thechariot1x & SAS (Allies+8) vs. Botider & Bigbadgoo (Axis)

• wow……well Bo, you can’t win when you lose two out of three battles like that when you have the odds.

sucks

NON COMS:
    1 armor from Germany to BUL
    2 armor, 4 inf from POL to BUL
    8 inf from Germany to POL
    1 bomber to France
    3 inf from France to Italy
    1 bomber to Italy
    2 inf from BLK to Transjordan via TZ
    2 armor, 1 inf from Egypt to transjordan

6 inf to France
    4 inf, 1 fighter to Transjordan

Germany collects 36

Team-Ag4.AAM

• @Bigbadgoo:

holy crap that was a ridiculous roll……so much for 73% odds

73% odds?  Where’d you get that?  Frood only gives you 60% odds on that battle tops, and about 60% odds for only 2 tanks against 2 infantry.  Yeah, we got the rolls, but those weren’t the best odds for those battles anyway…

• dskelly’s AA 50 sim, Frood has been notoriously off when it comes to AA50 in the past, but regardless you gotta give that one up for ridiculous.  That I should have gotten no less than 3 hits and only got one is three times worse a first round result attacking than the odds (18 = 3 hits), and that you hit back three times is (1/2 hit) over the odds.  Even if you were to accept that it was only a 60 % odds in a battle, the result of that battle with you winning would  be something like you winning with just the TZs left or maybe having one fighter left, and even then thats much against the odds.  If the result was you having one fighter left or the TZ’s I would be chagrined, but not stunned, because that is the odds slightly going against me.  But even according to Frood, you only had a 7.5% chance of only losing one unit in the first round, and that is all you lost, combine that with the fact there was only a 30% chance that you got three hits back and those two things happening at the same time is something that frood has listed at a 2% chance of happening in the first round.  So yes, if I get a result that is a 2% chance of happening in the battle, I may say something about it.  You are right that two tanks has less odds than the sea battle, but again, if that result was both of my tanks die and both your guys die, its very different than both of my tanks die but one of yours lives.  Taken together after the sea battle that would have decided the game for the next three or four rounds had it even gone 35% according to the odds, I was a little frustrated.

• Oh yeah, I meant no offense, you got shafted by the dice there, I’m not arguing on that point.  I was concerned about the positioning of my ships there, so I checked the calculators (Frood and dskelly) and found that it was about a coin flip (which I define as being 50% +/- 10%), which was acceptable risk to me.  I prefer Frood because of the extra details it gives, though I have noticed that it does seem to be wrong as far as the sub rules go still for 50th.  I was just surprised that you would claim nearly 3 out of 4 odds when the calculators (both frood and dskelly, because I checked both) were only giving you 2 out of 3 tops when I checked them.

Sorry you’re getting bad rolls this game…  I know how frustrating that can be.

• Hey guys my brother wants me to play a team aa50 1941 game with him…are any of you interested in playing another concurrently?

• I have too many games going right now as it is, but thanks for the offer.  Perhaps another time.

• Russia’s turn is coming tomorrow.  Sorry been kinda busy and keep forgetting to post.

• Russia’s purchases with 38 ipcs: 2art 5inf 3tanks.
    Combat moves:
    NWY walk in with 1inf. 
    EPL (5inf 1tnk) A:13 inf 2art 4tnk

• EPL Round One.
    A: 11inf@1 2inf 2art@2 4tnk@3
    D:5inf@2 1tnk@3
    DiceRolls: 11@1 4@2 4@3; Total Hits: 611@1: (1, 6, 6, 4, 3, 1, 1, 2, 6, 3, 5)4@2: (5, 5, 5, 5)4@3: (1, 3, 4, 3)
    DiceRolls: 5@2 1@3; Total Hits: 25@2: (1, 6, 5, 6, 1)1@3: (4)

• Noncombat moves:
    1inf from cau to UKR
    2inf 1art from cau to EUK 5inf from RUS to EUK
    2inf from KAR to BEL
    1inf from ARC to BEL
    1inf 3art from FIN to KAR
    Troop placement.
    2inf 1 art 1tnk to Cau
    2inf to KAR
    1inf 1art 3tnk to RUS
    USSR collects 39 IPCS.

BUSSR_Team4.AAM

• 2007 AAR League

japan 4

purchase
    inf, 2 arm, bmb, 2 trn, sub, dd… spend $53

combat
    sz59 (cv, ftr, trn)
    sub, ftr sz62
    2 ftr sz46

yunnan (bmb)
    inf hupeh
    inf fukien
    2 ftr fic

• 2007 AAR League

sz59
    sub @ 2, 3 ftr @ 3
    DiceRolls: 1@2 3@3; Total Hits: 11@2: (6)3@3: (5, 6, 3)
    vs
    cv @ 2, ftr @ 4
    DiceRolls: 1@2 1@4; Total Hits: 21@2: (1)1@4: (2)

• 2007 AAR League

boy,… if i didn’t know better i would swear this game was rigged.

• 2007 AAR League

who dies in sz59… the cv or the ftr?

on to yunnan
    2 inf @ 1, 2 ftr @ 3
    DiceRolls: 2@1 2@3; Total Hits: 02@1: (2, 3)2@3: (6, 6)
    vs
    bmb @ 1
    DiceRolls: 1@1; Total Hits: 01@1: (4)

• 2007 AAR League

remarkable…

yunnan
    2 inf @ 1, 2 ftr @ 3
    DiceRolls: 2@1 2@3; Total Hits: 12@1: (1, 2)2@3: (6, 5)
    vs
    bmb @ 1
    DiceRolls: 1@1; Total Hits: 11@1: (1)

• 2007 AAR League

good grief… i don’t know why we continue.
    casualties in sz59 please…

• Carrier first

• 2007 AAR League

okay… japs lose sub, ftr,… americans lose cv

sz59
    2 ftr @ 3
    DiceRolls: 2@3; Total Hits: 12@3: (5, 1)
    vs
    ftr @ 4
    DiceRolls: 1@4; Total Hits: 01@4: (6)

• 2007 AAR League

sz59 cleared w/ loss of ftr, sub

noncombat
    2 ftr sz59 > sz62
    ftr sz59 > japan
    2 ftr fic > sz37
    ftr sz36 > sz38
    cv, dd, 2 trn sz36
    2 inf, rtl kiangsi > hupeh
    cv, bb, ca sz46 > sz38
    2 inf, rtl, arm japan > fic via 2 trn sz62 > sz36
    inf, rtl fukien > fic

deployment
    2 trn, sub, dd > sz62
    inf, 2 arm, bmb > japan

collect
    $45

Team_04Cjap.AAM

• Sorry for the delay, but my router crashed last week and I have to replace it (posting from elsewhere right now).  Will post as soon as I can, but I haven’t forgotten.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m