• 10 hour 2nd ed game, myself as Allies and friend as Axis. Germany takes Russia around T3 or 4 but leaves Europe relatively open. I took Germany twice as UK, the third time I tried to take it back he survived by a single tank. Germany builds mass infantry and is supported by Japanese fighters, so the Allies are unable to build transports and decide to reclaim some of mother Russia to get feet on the ground.

By this point our brains are fried, ready for bed… and catastrophe ensues.

Germany and Japan pushes back to reclaim Europe, except for one thing… THIS WAS DONE ILLEGALLY, BOTH COUNTRIES ATTACKED ON JAPAN’S TURN.

Neither of us noticed until it was too late, and there was no way we were going to try guessing which countries had which units!

GAME OVER.

• I think your friend still would have won. Oh and also

FAIL

• Thank you for your unsympathetic troll post  :roll:

Note that we were both up at 6am for work and this occured around 2am, bug eyed and fighting fatigue.

I built an IC in India early on to put pressure on the Japs but eventually lost it, which is the only reason Japan was really able to help Germany. It paid off for the Allies, as the Japanese were forced to divide their efforts and keep the UK in check. I suppose that is an important detail because it enabled USA to easily land and flow tanks into West Germany. I also controlled all of the mediterranean and atlantic. I held ALL of Europe except for Germany.

Fail yes, but victory was mine, absolutely!

• @inverted:

I suppose that is an important detail because it enabled USA to easily land and flow tanks into West Germany.

Sure West Germany in the 2nd edition  :-)

• My bad, Western Europe.

• @inverted:

10 hour 2nd ed game, myself as Allies and friend as Axis. Germany takes Russia around T3 or 4 but leaves Europe relatively open. I took Germany twice as UK, the third time I tried to take it back he survived by a single tank. Germany builds mass infantry and is supported by Japanese fighters, so the Allies are unable to build transports and decide to reclaim some of mother Russia to get feet on the ground.

By this point our brains are fried, ready for bed… and catastrophe ensues.

Germany and Japan pushes back to reclaim Europe, except for one thing… THIS WAS DONE ILLEGALLY, BOTH COUNTRIES ATTACKED ON JAPAN’S TURN.

Neither of us noticed until it was too late, and there was no way we were going to try guessing which countries had which units!

GAME OVER.

10 hour game, fun!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m