1939 Map - Jeremy's Variant with Set-up Charts

• '10

@Lunarwolf:

it would be under files right?

yes, i just uploaded it today.  It still needs to be approved.

• My friends and I tried the set up and had a few questions.

1. How do kamikazes work in this version?
    2. Can fortressess be destroyed, do they count against the build limit should someone decide to build one?
    3. what is the starting income for the US, Russians, and Italy who have ramping incomes?
    4. Is an attack on a Neutral that favors the enemy a declaration of war (ie FEC takes siam or Japan takes down DEI, maybe a comonweath ship gets agro VS Argentina?)

I am sure there is more but this set up really streamlined the process for us and made India much less of a pushover.

• mykas you can see the files on BGG?

• nope, send me an e-mail addy in a PM and I will forward them.

• '10

The file has been approved and is now ready for download!!!

Get it here:

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/113337/global-war-1939

• So what pieces do I need, besides the major powers, to play this game?

• '10

You just need all the parts from AAG40…  You need Neutrals and something to represent the FORTRESS Unit.

Thats it!

• I got my map yesterday and decided to put it up today and place all the pieces with these set up. It will be still a while before I get to play it with my friends but these are my first thoughts…

• Naval and Air bases have been dropped, I noticed. Any particular reason? Well maybe it’s good to not have these complicated scramble rules :D

• South America will be totally controlled by Brazil/USA I assume? And Mexico by the US. Unless I understand the true neutrals rule not well enough… And I’m also pretty sure the Axis forces can’t make it to Argentina in time, or am I wrong? And if they did, the US would put a stop to them soon.

• Japan needs to invest in ground forces BIG TIME.

• France might play a bigger role in this game.

I can’t really wait to start the game… :D

• Nobody here? :D

• '10

@Rhey:

Nobody here? :D

The set-up charts for this varient were made on the origional GLOBAL 1939 Board.  You may have to put the Naval Bases and Air bases back for it to work correctly.

• Anyone know of any fairly high res, or big pdf’s of the 39 map?

• '14

@firepower:

Anyone know of any fairly high res, or big pdf’s of the 39 map?

The only way to get a PDF file is to have a map customized and changed.

• @FieldMarshalGames:

@Rhey:

Nobody here? :D

The set-up charts for this varient were made on the origional GLOBAL 1939 Board.  You may have to put the Naval Bases and Air bases back for it to work correctly.

Yeah, the new G39 map does not have any bases printed on the map.

Could we get an update to the setups please to reflect this? I currently have your D6 variant set up (which is AWESOME, btw) and have just simply guessed where to put them.

I am right to assume that Germany also does not get a double turn/impulse, right?

• Oh, I see you have a new thread about the new set up posted, nevermind. :lol:

Suggested Topics

• NO's

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m