• TripleA '12

I’d better post the Technology (practical research) rules to explain that:

TECHNOLOGY

Your combat units can be upgraded into better versions by investing in technology over the course of the game. When a unit type reaches the next level of technology, its Attack and Defence values will increase; the Cost does not.

Each Power begins the game with varying levels of technology for each of its combat units, based upon its historical situation. For example, some powers will have more advanced sea units, and some will have more advanced air units etc. Players should use the Unit Technology Cards for their Power, to determine a unit’s Attack and Defence values. Use the Technology Chart below to keep track of your Power’s research advancements:

This chart lists the combat unit type (vertically) and the level of technology for that unit (horizontally). The National Control symbols indicate a given Power’s starting level of technology for each of its combat units. At the game set up, place one of your Power’s National Control Markers over its grey counterpart on the chart. There are four levels of technological development:

*****       EARLY
    ******     BASIC
    *******   IMPROVED
    ********   ADVANCED

It costs 4 IPCs to upgrade a unit by one level. Pay the cost to the bank and then move the Control Marker that corresponds to the unit being upgraded, one space to the right. When the Control Marker reaches a column indicated by a number of stars, it has achieved the next level of technology. Replace that unit’s Unit Technology Card with the next higher version, e.g. if your Tanks were at the Basic (two star) level and they reach the Improved level (three star) replace the old two star card with the new three star one.

Destroyers, Cruisers and Aircraft Carriers cannot be upgraded past the third level of technology (Improved).

The Axis Minor combat units cannot be upgraded by technology and therefore do not have a Control Marker on the Technology Chart (see rules for AXIS MINORS).

TECHNOLOGY.doc

• Customizer

I take it that you can only move 1 column space per round for each unit, right?  For example, say Germany was ready to launch a massive attack with tanks.  German tanks start at the 1st space of Level 2.  Germany couldn’t simply pay 16 IPCs to move their tank technology up four spaces to the next level, could they?

This is really getting exciting.  We need to see the different technology cards for each unit (one star, two star, etc.)

The theoretical tech is where you will have stuff like heavy bombers, long range aircraft, improved naval shipyards, etc.?  Or have you come up with different ones?

• TripleA '12

Thank you knp7765,

I am currently working on the theoretical research side of the technology rules and may need some help with ideas. I will use many of the standard options (Long Range Aircraft, Heavy Bombers etc) but I aim to expand these ideas even more. I will likely create a tech tree with different starting points (Air, Naval, Land, Industrial etc) that sprout outwards and even cross over/link in with each other, with the more advanced techs requiring prerequisite techs. You will still have to use the research tokens which you can accumulate over the turns. More on this soon.

As for the practical side of things, I have made no hard & fast rules stipulating that any given unit type may only be upgraded once per turn. As it stands, players are welcome to invest as much as they want, per turn, into the design of their choice. So if you really wanted those Improved German Tanks on your first turn, then yes, you could indeed spend the 16 IPCs and get them!

Unit Technology Cards coming very soon…

• TripleA '12

Now I will post the pictures for the Unit Technology Cards. First up, the Axis Minors. Remember, these units are generic across the various nations that were allied to or indirectly supported the Germans. They cannot be upgraded with practical technology; they get what they start with. Here goes:

AXIS MINORS:

AM1.PNG
    AM2.PNG

• TripleA '12

UNITED KINGDOM:

UK1.PNG
    UK2.PNG

• TripleA '12

UNITED KINGDOM cont…

UK3.PNG

• TripleA '12

UNITED KINGDOM cont…

UK4.PNG
    UK5.PNG

• TripleA '12

UNITED KINGDOM cont…

UK6.PNG
    UK7.PNG

• TripleA '12

UNITED KINGDOM cont…

UK8.PNG

• TripleA '12

GERMANY:

G1.PNG
    G2.PNG

• TripleA '12

GERMANY cont…

G3.PNG
    G4.PNG

• TripleA '12

GERMANY cont…

G5.PNG

• TripleA '12

GERMANY cont…

G6.PNG

• TripleA '12

GERMANY cont…  Sorry for the number of posts!

G7.PNG

• Customizer

I just took a quick look at your practical tech cards.  I’m going to need to print these up.  Anyway, I noticed the hit points are very high, even with infantry hitting on a 3 or less.  I assume you mean to use 12 sided dice with this game?

I once expanded the Weapons Development chart to 20 different technology choices you could go for.  Also, some of the ones that I came up with depended on others as well.  A couple of them were a little futuristic for WW2 technology –- like Stealth Technology:  all attacking planes get one free combat roll and defending casualties don’t fire back — but most of them I think were suited to the time period.  I’m not sure where my old notes are, but I think I can remember most of them if you are interested.

• TripleA '12

Sure thing knp7765, that would be cool. I like your stealth fighter idea. Yes, my game uses the D12 system - sorry for not mentioning it earlier. Some of my ideas for the Industrial tech tree would be:

Improved Industrial Efficiency 1 - Roll 2 D6 and keep the best result. Add that many IPCs to your hand. (just like the old War Bonds)

(which would lead to)

Improved Industrial Efficiency 2 - Roll 2 D6 and combine the totals. Add that many IPCs to your hand.

Full Build Capacity - Your Minor Industrial Complexes may now be upgraded at no cost. New Minor ICs may be built on ANY territory.

Just a couple of ideas. I’m open to different names for them and so on. I’ll post the rest of the Unit Tech Cards soon.

• TripleA '12

UNITED STATES:

US1.PNG
    US2.PNG

• TripleA '12

UNITED STATES Cont…

US3.PNG
    US4.PNG

• TripleA '12

UNITED STATES Cont…

US5.PNG
    US6.PNG