• What moves are most effective on G1? Trying to create killer strategy.

• Sponsor

Smash France–all of it, cripple British Navy, take Hungary and Finland, buy carrier and subs.

• thanks!

• I prefer to maximize my infantry purchases….you will need all of the cannon fodder you can get when you take on Russia.

• Do you think its best to hit Normandy and Paris?  I found that this kills all my inf and means my mechanized forces are going to take losses.  Plus UK can just counter invade Normandy on UK1 to stop my production there a round.

Also, Germ has to split its aircraft a bit, they don’t have enough to smash the allied shipping.  I prefer to leave sz 110 alone since Allies can scramble aircraft there to make it a real fight.

I’m finding Japan much harder than Germany.  For instance when is the best time to take FIC?  Sure is nice getting that 10ipc NO.  When to strike at the allies, J2 or J3?

• Sponsor

I’m finding Japan much harder than Germany.  For instance when is the best time to take FIC?  Sure is nice getting that 10ipc NO.  When to strike at the allies, J2 or J3?

Wait until J4, because you can. Gain the 10ipc and build a carrier +Soldiers and transports every turn. If the Allies let you build up, preposition in the Carolines for the starburst attack you will make on J4. When you do attack, focus on gaining Japanese NOs and taking those away from the Allies. The planes for your carriers come from the starting set up. Crush China J1-J3.

• Sponsor

Do you think its best to hit Normandy and Paris?  I found that this kills all my inf and means my mechanized forces are going to take losses.  Plus UK can just counter invade Normandy on UK1 to stop my production there a round.

Also, Germ has to split its aircraft a bit, they don’t have enough to smash the allied shipping.  I prefer to leave sz 110 alone since Allies can scramble aircraft there to make it a real fight.

I do take all of France. A also purchase some foot infantry with the carrier, sub and 2 transports (for G3 Sealion). Part of the UK Navy you do hit has to be the transports from Canada and the ships closest to Denmark/Norway. Finally, you have 2 planes which can ht southern France and get to Northern Italy for a scramble if necessary to protect Italy. By making the moves I posted above you enable Italy to focus on North Africa.  If you do fall short in any attack on France Italy can also follow that up depending on your priorities.

OBTW, your correlation of forces in attacking all of France is risky, that is why your planes have to assist and you cannot take down the entire British fleet. If you have to weight any attack, make it the one on Paris.  :-D

On G2 it is more infantry, purchase another transport, 2 subs, maybe a plane and position for Sealion. Start moving Infantry and armor east for Barbarosa. On G3 you can purchase the tanks/mech infantry for Barbarosa to help the light infantry. Finish any British fleet crazy enought to be in range of subs and planes.

• As the Germans the british fleet and france should be the priority (even if that means leaving Normandy for a turn, though you can generally pull that off as well) your G1 build should be one CV and 2 subs to join your BB and CA off Denmark.  Turn 2 buy is 9 transports and move everything you can to west germany for a G3 sea lion.  Forget Russia…buy infantry on G3 and tanks on G4 to simply block the russians.  The key is to take out the UK and with 10 tanks and 10 infantry, supported by as many aircraft as you can muster you should crack it.  Now you have an additional 26 ipcs, UK is out of the war and if the japs have done their job, then the yanks should be more concerned about their west coast than saving their british allies…so with the western front sewn up you can then focus your full attention on Russia.

Meanwhile in the pacific the Japanese move everything to sz6 and build another carrier and a transport.  If the US entire fleet is in Hawaii on turn 2, attack it.  If its on the west coast, move your fleet to Hawaii (along with the transports) for a J3 attack on the US fleet.   With an invasion threat on the west coast of the US, the US player is less likely to build/commit forces in the atlantic to retake the UK.  In any case on J3 you attack and kill the US fleet (you may not have enough troops to invade the west coast but that doesn’t matter, the transports can be used to take hawaii and other islands that will affect its income bonuses).  You then have at least two to three more turns before the US can assemble enough ships to make their presence felt in the pacific and again if he’s building in the pacific he is giving you a free hand in europe.  Build troops and transports in Japan and move as much south as you can towards india…You should have enough time to press through china towards India which should be the major target and your overall priority.

Remember the priority should be to take out the enemies capacity to wage war, it they cant build troops then you must eventually win.  Easiest targets for the axis are in this order…Paris, Sydney, London, India.

• Sponsor

BTW Mountaineer, 4 transports for a G3 sealion? What do you expect UK to be buying once they see your carrier, AA guns?

It is very simple, if the UK chooses to fight in Africa and defend the UK, then he will be poorly defended. Add to that no ability to reinforce from Canada, because you strike those transports, and your airpower will offset any other large defensive units. If the correlation of forces is too great for a G3 Sealion, then you use your transports for an assault into Leningrad. I prefer to not purchase so many transports because that limits your purchase of ground forces to your own detriment. You need Infantry, armor, and artillery.

A large British purchase of defenders in England is just as effective for our German objectives. You then ensure that Italy exploits opportunity in Africa and that you destroy any British fleet remaining in reach, while throwing your weight at Russia. Your carrier and associated surface fleet ensure there in so Normandy landing in the near future.

• i dont get the whole buy a carrier as germany.  done a few games with 2 successful sealoinos and never purchased a carrier unless u want to attack america with both germany and japan which why wont you just buy a carrier on a future turn.

• The carrier allows you to add 3 naval units for the price of one. Put the 2 fighters on it and England can not afford to take out your navy.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m