Larrymarx and allweneedislove's Global balance solution

• @qwertyuiop:

MY GOD PEOPLE, YOU ARE ALL SO OBSESSED WITH BALANCE, MAYBE THE GAME BALANCE ISN’T THE ISSUE,……MAYBE YOU SHOULD STOP PLAYING IT SO MUCH AND GET OUT AND GET OUTSIDE MORE OFTEN.

troll.

It’s November 11th here, that means it’s cold.  Outside?  Eat me.

• @qwertyuiop:

MY GOD PEOPLE, YOU ARE ALL SO OBSESSED WITH BALANCE, MAYBE THE GAME BALANCE ISN’T THE ISSUE,……MAYBE YOU SHOULD STOP PLAYING IT SO MUCH AND GET OUT AND GET OUTSIDE MORE OFTEN.

Your posting on a board game board for AA geeks and you tell us to go outside lol.

Welcome to the family.

• Official Q&A

@allweneedislove:

@larrymarx:

I think I may deserve credit for this idea. I posted it originally a week and a half ago on this thread:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=20964.0

I think based on allweneedislove’s post on this thread that he probably got the idea from me. I apologize if I’m coming off as snooty, but if the idea goes anywhere I would appreciate some recognition.

it is possible that you and i came up with similar ideas on our own. and i am sure that others have also come up with this idea maybe before either of us.

This exact idea actually came up during playtesting, but there simply wasn’t time to pursue it.  There were concerns that implementing it might cause the global game to feel like two games pasted together rather than a single integrated game.  I’m glad we’re getting a chance to see if that’s the case.

@allweneedislove:

i doubt this idea will go anywhere, but if it does i think larry harris will be taking credit, and not thanking you, me or anyone else that has thought of it.

In my experience, Larry tends to give credit where it’s due.

• troll.

It’s November 11th here, that means it’s cold.  Outside?  Eat me.

November 11th is vets day maybe he has a point?

Whoa!  Who let this person in?  grin grin grin

qwertyuiop is right about getting outside though.  Maybe tomorrow instead of sitting in my faculty lounge to check out AA.org I will sit outside and drink tea whilst using my laptop and wi-fi connection to peruse this fine forum.

We should all get out and maybe get a fresh perspective on the situation. Balancing will take months, if not years, to really be sure of an outcome. Lets let the record be created by the record (of axis vs allies wins) and debate fully when its been out for more than 3 months.

• We are playtesting this idea now.  I was against it at first until I listens more closely.  This may work very well and if it does then it will be the best way to go- NOT my QBETA.

I am trying this out with 6VC on the Pac side- to get the US offensively involved in the Pacific, but this may prove too easy for Axis.  If it does, then the 7VC on Pac I believe will work.  US would then just defend Hawaii with its life and go KGF- though not as strong as they must secure Hawaii- Japan would be the aggressor in the Pacific in this case.  8VC for the Euro side is pretty fair- I don’t see issues with that.

Follow the playtest:
    http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=21062.0

Also here is the QBETA playtest:
    http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=20980.0

• Questions:

1.  Is this solution on top of the Alpha set up changes for pacific?

2. Are Global victory conditions unchanged?  You still need 14, unless either of the theater specific thresholds are reached?

Thanks

• how do you get to 14 w/o having 8 or 6 and thus winning?  You’d win at 13…

• MaherC,

Thanks.  Yes, I wasn’t thinking it through. (and thanks for not adding… “duh!”).

How about question 1.  I am assuming the victory condition change is on top of the alpha set up change.  Is that correct?

• yes

• TripleA

great news looks like my post over on larry’s site did not fall on deaf ears.
    i hope my idea is not only being considered but does get implemented into the errata.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m