All these AARs; why don't you mention the French units?

• @Razor:

@calvinhobbesliker:

UN, when are you going to make that “Why people underestimate the French” thread?

We dont, and that’s why no french units survive T1. We dont want a french can-opener, so we just kill them as soon as possible.

UK inf will survive unless Germany decides to lose 5-6 planes strafing England. French West African inf and Madagascar DD will survive. Morocco inf will usually survive. If Taranto goes well, either the Syria inf or the Algerian inf will survive.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@Razor:

@calvinhobbesliker:

UN, when are you going to make that “Why people underestimate the French” thread?

We dont, and that’s why no french units survive T1. We dont want a french can-opener, so we just kill them as soon as possible.

UK inf will survive unless Germany decides to lose 5-6 planes strafing England. French West African inf and Madagascar DD will survive. Morocco inf will usually survive. If Taranto goes well, either the Syria inf or the Algerian inf will survive.

I really don’t think it’s right to use “will”, as though it’s set in stone that the French Med fleet won’t be saved, or the Italian player will always invade Tunisia. Out of the five Global games I’ve played, Italy has focused everything on Egypt first before whipping around to wipe the floor with the French in North Africa.

That’s what I’ll probably make a thread of, actually: the concept of chaos theory and Axis strategy instead of “this WILL happen” or “they WON’T survive”.

• @UN:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@Razor:

@calvinhobbesliker:

I really don’t think it’s right to use “will”, as though it’s set in stone that the French Med fleet won’t be saved, or the Italian player will always invade Tunisia. Out of the five Global games I’ve played, Italy has focused everything on Egypt first before whipping around to wipe the floor with the French in North Africa.

That’s what I’ll probably make a thread of, actually: the concept of chaos theory and Axis strategy instead of “this WILL happen” or “they WON’T survive”.

Well, if Germany doesn’t strafe England, there’s no way that inf won’t survive. The West African inf can’t be attacked either so will survive. Mad DD will survive as nothing can reach it. I never said the Med fleet won’t survive. If Taranto goes smoothly, the French spips will die only if Italy decided to strafe them and then finish the carrier off with Germany

• One game I was able to use an ANZAC fighter and a French destroyer to kill a Japanese battleship on the Indian coast. It was pretty sweet, I lost both the fighter and the destroyer but the one-two punch was able to knock the battleship out.

• @bennyboyg:

One game I was able to use an ANZAC fighter and a French destroyer to kill a Japanese battleship on the Indian coast. It was pretty sweet, I lost both the fighter and the destroyer but the one-two punch was able to knock the battleship out.

That was luck. 1 DD vs a damaged BB will lose

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@bennyboyg:

One game I was able to use an ANZAC fighter and a French destroyer to kill a Japanese battleship on the Indian coast. It was pretty sweet, I lost both the fighter and the destroyer but the one-two punch was able to knock the battleship out.

That was luck. 1 DD vs a damaged BB might lose

Fixed.  :roll:

• @UN:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@bennyboyg:

No, “might” implies they have a small chance of winning. The correct phrase is
    “The DD might win”
    “The BB will likely win”

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@UN:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@bennyboyg:

“The DD might win”
    “The BB will likely win”

I don’t have time for your Anglo-Saxon language nonsense!

• @UN:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@UN:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@bennyboyg:

“The DD might win”
    “The BB will likely win”

Well, if you’re going to speak English, you should try to use the words properly. Otherwise, it would be like if I said: J’ai visité ma famille.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@UN:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@UN:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@bennyboyg:

“The DD might win”
    “The BB will likely win”

Well, if you’re going to speak English, you should try to use the words properly. Otherwise, it would be like if I said: J’ai visité ma famille.

Yes, let’s speak French on a Anglo-Saxon dominated forum.

I find your lack of logic disturbing.

• @UN:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@UN:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@UN:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@bennyboyg:

“The DD might win”
    “The BB will likely win”

Yes, let’s speak French on a Anglo-Saxon dominated forum.

I find your lack of logic disturbing.

I think you missed my point

• I think we all missed the point

• Customizer

So far, I have played 2 Europe games.  In the first game, the Allies won and in the second, the Axis won.
    In the second game, it seemed as though the Axis couldn’t get a bad roll.  The French pieces were all pretty much trounced, but then again so were the British pieces.  Paris was taken in round 1 and London in round 2.  Due to a massive German buildup, Operation Barbarossa was a huge success and Italy not only cleared out Africa but managed to send a strong force up through Iraq and Persia to give the Russians a further front to worry about.  Italy ended up capturing Stalingrad.
    In the first game however, the French were very active.  The Med fleet was lost, but cost the Italians dearly (damaged BB, lost CA, lost fighter).  The French DD from SZ 72 assisted the British CA in the Med, along with a British tac bomber from South Africa, in not allowing the Italians any more naval units and keeping them penned up in Italy.  The African and Syrian French Infantry were used to guard Egypt for a while then moved via US transports to retake Southern France.  The US eventually liberated Paris, gaining the French 4 extra infantry plus their income back.  They did indeed purchase 2 tanks and an artillery and on the next round actually took Western Germany.  On the following round the US took Berlin and ended the game.
    So, at least in the first game, my French pieces saw a lot of activity which was pretty cool because I like playing with the new pieces.  It makes me wish that there were at least a few pieces stationed in French Indo-China.  I’m sure Japan would simply trash them quick but it would be neat to have them there at start.

• cos they robed irelands place in the world cup,by cheating,and got knocked out in the first round,kinda like in ww2,LOL

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m