• So, say you have tanks or mech infantry.  They combat move through a friendly neutral on the way to attacking some territory.  They then retreat into the friendly neutral (during combat).  So, during the non combat movement they are in the friendly neutral.  Would the friendly neutral convert since they are there, do they have to move in during the non combat move?  Or, am I wrong in that you can combat move through a friendly neutral on the way to a target?

Thanks!

• Official Q&A

You can’t.  Attacking your friends is not nice.

• I think you misunderstood me, I didn’t mean to blitz (attack) them, I meant to move through them.  I meant if it can move through a friendly neutral in the same way it may move through your own territory on the way to a target.

• I’m at work now passing lunch so I don’t have my rule book with me.

Seems I recall it takes the whole combat phase to convert a friendly neutral, you can’t blitz them.  I got this image in my mind of tanks having to go on parade and Generals having to go to dinners with ambassadors.

Lets see if anyone with a rule book handy corrects or confirms what I think I read

• Ah, thanks!

• @MarkVIIIMarc:

I’m at work now passing lunch so I don’t have my rule book with me.

Seems I recall it takes the whole combat phase to convert a friendly neutral, you can’t blitz them.  I got this image in my mind of tanks having to go on parade and Generals having to go to dinners with ambassadors.

Lets see if anyone with a rule book handy corrects or confirms what I think I read

Converting happens in non-combat movement. I would think you could move a tank into 2 of them. But not on the way to an attack.

• Official Q&A

Right, but you still can’t move through one.  You must stop upon entering.  You may not enter them in combat movement.

• Cool. Just an FYI, i knew that by reading the rule book. :roll:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m