• @Krieghund:

No.  A land unit is required.  Air units may not move into or through a neutral territory, unless they are attacking it.

Can a tank blitz through a pro-ally or axis neutral:

Example: Tank from Romania blitz through Bulgaria to go fight in Yugoslavia.

• @Dylan:

@Krieghund:

No.  A land unit is required.  Air units may not move into or through a neutral territory, unless they are attacking it.

Can a tank blitz through a pro-ally or axis neutral:

Example: Tank from Romania blitz through Bulgaria to go fight in Yugoslavia.

You can only go into a pro-you neutral in noncombat. A related question is if you can move through a pro-you neutral on the way to another friendly tt.

• Official Q&A

@calvinhobbesliker:

A related question is if you can move through a pro-you neutral on the way to another friendly tt.

No.  You have to stop.

• I was thinking about helping defend Africa and moving my planes in India to Syria but apparently I cant fly over other neutral countries?  I would hate to have those planes land in British solialand and get smoked by 3 italian infantry, sounds impossible but it has happened frequently.

• Customizer

Can a plane land in a pro-neutral in the same non-combat movement phase in which the land unit moves in to activate that neutral, or must it wait till the next turn as per conquered territory?

• Official Q&A

It must wait.

• Customizer

To clarify, then:

The pro-neutral only becomes part of an alliance at the end of a non-combat movement phase after all units have completed their moves; it does not become friendly as soon as a land unit moves in.

• Official Q&A

For all practical purposes, yes.

• @Flashman:

Can a plane land in a pro-neutral in the same non-combat movement phase in which the land unit moves in to activate that neutral, or must it wait till the next turn as per conquered territory?

I would guess that fit in with the ‘can only land in tt that you owned at the start of your turn’ concept.

“Your air units cannot land in territories you just captured, whether they were involved in the combat or not”(AAP40 rulebook page 26 pargraph 1)

• Customizer

The question was essentially about if we treat the infantry moving in as a combat move, and hence the tt as “captured”, not all that clear as this only happens during non-combat movement.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m