The case for or against the Afrika Core

• '10

Now that we have had a few games of this played.  Has anyone delivered German troops into the Med/African theater?

How did you do it?  How did it work out?  What would you suggest?  Is it worth it?

Can Italy do it alone or is German help needed?

• If Germany has it in mind from the onset they can use Italian transports to get some stuff down there.  If you let the British take out the Italian Navy though, well… it’ll be a while before any Germans find themselves in Africa.

• I send in fighters, but no land units

• '10

@mwindianapolis:

I send in fighters, but no land units

That is a great idea and does not involve any investment in logistics or ICs

• Built a minor in yugo and romania G2
    Plan was to build tanks and mech at yugo, and inf and art at romania, so they meet then move together.

I built a transport there G3, and moved units to get a bonus in Egypt turn 4

I really couldnt help italy much more than that, but i also landed a fighter there for defense.

The extra 3 IPCs helps alot, so does the can openers in africa.

• That’s also what I did: build a minor IC in Yugoslavia, then build a transport and ferry just a few units to Africa. Remember that it’s also one of Germany’s NOs! From then on, if all goes well for the Axis, other units built in Yugo can head straight for the eastern front.

• After taking Yugoslavia, I ferried 2 infantery on 2 seperate Italian transports, so they also had room for 2 italian tanks. These germans stayed landed in Syria and Palestine, and helped threathen egypt, provoke UK to attack Iraq and finally secure Egypt better, AND get that sweeeeeeet NO…

btw, does one get the NO if the german unit in Egypt is a fighter??

• @thomashawk:

After taking Yugoslavia, I ferried 2 infantery on 2 seperate Italian transports, so they also had room for 2 italian tanks. These germans stayed landed in Syria and Palestine, and helped threathen egypt, provoke UK to attack Iraq and finally secure Egypt better, AND get that sweeeeeeet NO…

No, the rules specifically say LAND unit.

You do know that when you use Italian transports, you load them on the German turn, move the transport on the Italian turn and then again offload on the German turn? Such a loaded transport makes for a very attractive target for enemy naval units and/or fighters!

• @Koningstiger:

@thomashawk:

After taking Yugoslavia, I ferried 2 infantery on 2 seperate Italian transports, so they also had room for 2 italian tanks. These germans stayed landed in Syria and Palestine, and helped threathen egypt, provoke UK to attack Iraq and finally secure Egypt better, AND get that sweeeeeeet NO…

No, the rules specifically say LAND unit.

You do know that when you use Italian transports, you load them on the German turn, move the transport on the Italian turn and then again offload on the German turn? Such a loaded transport makes for a very attractive target for enemy naval units and/or fighters!

Maybe German Bombers could take them out, then when done, attack the UK

• No, the rules specifically say LAND unit.

It’s the Ark of the Covenant NO

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m