Global 1940 Cold War goes Hot Scenario

• @Ghost:

i need to still get FA

Well I own the older one, the newer Heli would be ok to use, but it looks a little to futuristic.

@Noll:

@empireman:

@Ghost:

sounds good.
    i am going to try setting it up again with the old Euro and pacific and revised chips they don’t go with the new 1942 and newer chips and i have a lot more of the older ones.

Yeah its good to use ALOT of chips.
    Im thinking of using the fortress america heli piece for a “Helicopter piece”
    Something like 2-3-4-8 piece

I’d make Helicopters stronger but with less movement!

yeah i guess, 2-3-3-8  they can land in newly captured territories.

• oh the older one has different pieces i will check it out

• @Ghost:

oh the older one has different pieces i will check it out

Yeah their different. The heli in the new has a “Avatarish Helicopter” and the old has normal ones.

• One thing I relize in this game is that THERE IS A LOT IPCs for countries, like the +50 IPCs NAs. Thats cool! That means hoards of units and MASSIVE BATTLES.

• i tried setting it up again with three games worth of chips and only got through 5 counties still had to set up neutrals and C China

• @Ghost:

i tried setting it up again with three games worth of chips and only got through 5 counties still had to set up neutrals and C China

Holy Crud, Thats bad.
    Maybe Right down neurtrals on pieces of papers, when you ativate them they become pieces. Buy 1 bag of chips at HBG for $5 (40 chips)  and you can set up china. Maybe buy some blue or yellow chips that are 10 units at HBG to.

• i could try to get more chips but even then the stuff already set up is smashed onto the board, the easier thing to do would be to just scale some the setup down. like for the USSR they start out with like 30 subs on the board that’s crazy! :-o

• @Ghost:

i could try to get more chips but even then the stuff already set up is smashed onto the board, the easier thing to do would be to just scale some the setup down. like for the USSR they start out with like 30 subs on the board that’s crazy! :-o

Oh my gosh, thats alot! We have blue chips that represent 10 units which help

• I made this for neutrals, this might help with chips.

Cold war neutral card.doc

• Here is something you could add:

ADDITIONAL OIL RULES

This is an optional rule

Oil Rules: For Every Oil Derrick you own roll 1d6. 1,2, and 3 get +1 IPC. 4,5, and 6 you get +2. Oil Derricks can be bombed, max 6. Over 3 Damage the Derrick does not produce IPCs.

Oil Derricks on map:

Central US, Alaska, Central Persia, Iraq, Sauda Arabia, Caucusus, Alberta, Yakut, Siberia, Romania, Egypt, Venezuela, Boreo, Sumatra, and Java.

Optional Win:
    If you own all Oil derricks for 2 rounds, you win.

• How come no one is posting? This is my 4th post in a row!

• i was hoping dannyboy would have posted by now.

• have you tried the 1946 cold war scenario?

• @Ghost:

have you tried the 1946 cold war scenario?

No, but I really want to.

@Ghost:

i was hoping dannyboy would have posted by now.

I would think he would have by now

• i think its his work so i can understand if he’s busy.

• @Ghost:

i think its his work so i can understand if he’s busy.

Yeah your probably right, but have you played this variant? 1946 0r 1960?

• no, i haven’t tried to set it up since last time and no ones been free to play.

• ive played his '46 game, and its fun but pretty unbalanced if you ask me. the USSR can become unstoppable in two to three turns.

• @poloplayer15:

ive played his '46 game, and its fun but pretty unbalanced if you ask me. the USSR can become unstoppable in two to three turns.

I agree.
    Does anyone have suggestions on how to make it more balanced?

• no i would try to balance it but not without dannyboys help

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m