Global 1940 Cold War goes Hot Scenario

• where do you find the 1946 scenario i can only find the 1960’s one?

• I was wondering what would you sagest using for the railroads, reactors, research facility and nuke? Also can someone pot up an image of the game board set up for the 1960 scenario?

• @Ghost:

what pieces do you recommend to use for each country :?

I’ve used Germany for NATO, Japan for Warsaw Pact, Japan for SEATO, US and USSR are normal.

The rest is used for populating the various neutrals, although if we played with China as a nation instead of a neutral, we’d probably use UK for SEATO and Japan for China.

• @Ghost:

where do you find the 1946 scenario i can only find the 1960’s one?

The 1946 scenario is in the beginning of this forum (first 4 or so pages) it is a bit jumbled up so you have to read most of it to get the full rule set.

• Thank you Msyjsmor and kdfsjljklgjfg  :-)
    i just got my basement back from a big project and will hopefully be playing the 1946 scenario soon.

how does the set up work for netral china it doesn’t say where to put the arty and MI and tanks

• @Ghost:

what pieces do you recommend to use for each country :?

What I use:

NATO- France
    Warsaw- Germany
    USSR- Russia
    USA- USA
    SEATO- UK
    China- Japan

Neutrals- ANZAC-Pro West  Italy-Pro East

• thanks i didn’t think France would have enough pieces.  :-)

• I tried setting the game up the other night and i got less than half way through the USSR setup before i ran out of chips. I know the cold war was an arms race and there would have been these many units but I think the setup needs to be reduced on a ratio so there is enough room on the board and enough chips to set it up. but i really like the way its looking.

• I am going to play a game of the 1960 cold war soon. I will let you know how it gos. I am still wondring what to use for the new bildings.

• Any kind of monopoly game should do

• Thanks dident think of that.

• @Ghost:

thanks i didn’t think France would have enough pieces.  :-)

Well, thet al have alot of units in their box.@Ghost:

I tried setting the game up the other night and i got less than half way through the USSR setup before i ran out of chips. I know the cold war was an arms race and there would have been these many units but I think the setup needs to be reduced on a ratio so there is enough room on the board and enough chips to set it up. but i really like the way its looking.

Well I have G40 chips, AARevised, AA classic and about 100 more chips from HBG to use! :-o
    I suggest buying more chip from HBG

@MacMan131:

I am going to play a game of the 1960 cold war soon. I will let you know how it gos. I am still wondring what to use for the new bildings.

I use the Monopoly Hotels for research centers, Fortress America Satalites for Reactors and I have Train pieces from a game that the name i cant remember.

I changed the sloped armor to Attack and defend at 4 for 1 round
    Main Battle tanks i changed to “Can build main battle tanks” (Use the HBG Modern Tank) Their 2 hit to kills and 4-4-3-10 unit, max of 3 on board.

I also changed for neutrals, they become pro-west or pro-east so you have to send a unit into them.

• sounds good.
    i am going to try setting it up again with the old Euro and pacific and revised chips they don’t go with the new 1942 and newer chips and i have a lot more of the older ones.

• @Ghost:

sounds good.
    i am going to try setting it up again with the old Euro and pacific and revised chips they don’t go with the new 1942 and newer chips and i have a lot more of the older ones.

Yeah its good to use ALOT of chips.
    Im thinking of using the fortress america heli piece for a “Helicopter piece”
    Something like 2-3-4-8 piece

• i need to still get FA

• @empireman:

@Ghost:

sounds good.

I’d make Helicopters stronger but with less movement!

• @Ghost:

i need to still get FA

Well I own the older one, the newer Heli would be ok to use, but it looks a little to futuristic.

@Noll:

@empireman:

@Ghost:

sounds good.

I’d make Helicopters stronger but with less movement!

yeah i guess, 2-3-3-8  they can land in newly captured territories.

• oh the older one has different pieces i will check it out

• @Ghost:

oh the older one has different pieces i will check it out

Yeah their different. The heli in the new has a “Avatarish Helicopter” and the old has normal ones.

• One thing I relize in this game is that THERE IS A LOT IPCs for countries, like the +50 IPCs NAs. Thats cool! That means hoards of units and MASSIVE BATTLES.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m