Picture of US & Sea Zones together, West meets East

• @hewhoisnickel:

Maritimes should be worth 0, BC should be worth 2, AB/SK/MN should be worth 2, Quebec should be worth 3 and Ontario should be worth 3.

Your cool.

• @hewhoisnickel:

Maritimes should be worth 0, BC should be worth 2, AB/SK/MN should be worth 2, Quebec should be worth 3 and Ontario should be worth 3.

why should the maritimes be worth ZERO

• @i:

@hewhoisnickel:

why should the maritimes be worth ZERO

Because they deserve 0.

• nova scotias 2.5 billion times better then bc. bcs was not as usefull in ww2 and ww1 so ha :-P

• @i:

nova scotias 2.5 billion times better then bc. bcs was not as usefull in ww2 and ww1 so ha :-P

Most Americans don’t even know what Nova Scotia is!

• @Dylan:

@i:

nova scotias 2.5 billion times better then bc. bcs was not as usefull in ww2 and ww1 so ha :-P

Most Americans don’t accept evolution. 20% think the sun goes around the earth

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@Dylan:

@i:

What does that have to do with anything?

• @Dylan:

@i:

well how cares about those guys nova scotias so much better 'cause bcs stupid. and did you forget we have coal and you dont so hahahahahahahaha!!! :-P

• @Dylan:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@Dylan:

@i:

What does that have to do with anything?

It shows that the fact the Americans haven’t heard of Nova Scotia doesn’t mean it’s not important

• ha someones on my side :-P

• @i:

ha someones on my side :-P

I’m saying NS is important,not that it’s better than BC

• You silly Canucks….

• Looks like most of the Canadians here have no clue what Calvin is talking about whenever he says anything… :roll:

• Clearly these 2 Canadians are younger and argue over small irrelevant topics. We as Canadians are finally recognised on the board, it doesn’t matter how largely we are represented, just that we are there at all. Be grateful.  :wink:

• Did this thread just went off topic straight from post # 2?

Thankns topic starter, I will defi use that image as reference aswell.

• the position of it with a naval base shows the historical importance of Halifax, Nova Scotia and its distance in relation to Europe.

I have met plenty of old timers who sailed in supply convoys from that port during the war.  It may happen in the game as well.

• Thanks for the recognition Woodstock and I’m glad to see the thread get back on topic.  I have another thread about Canada “Nova Scotia to Quebec via US?”  I made it after I noticed that you could not go form one Canadian territory to the other without going though Eastern US; it didn’t seem right.  Krieghund is still looking into this.

I bring this up because after looking at the combined East/West Map it has me asking another question about boarders.  Dose anyone know if Central United State was intended to boarder Alberta on the Western tip of Lake Superior?  I would think it doesn’t, but it could go either way.  Anyone know?  Kreighund?

• Official Q&A

@GrayBlaZe:

Dose anyone know if Central United State was intended to boarder Alberta on the Western tip of Lake Superior?

No, it doesn’t.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

Why is Quebec nor “real Canada”? The first settlement of Canada was by the French in Quebec

Technically, L’Anse aux Meadows in Newfoundland would be the first settlement.  It dates from around 1000 CE/AD and was a Norse settlement.

After that there was the Sieur des Mons / Samuel de Champlain expedition that first settled on St. Croix Island in 1604 (on the St. Croix River which forms part of the border between present day Maine and New Brunswick). The next year (1605), they settled at Port Royal in Nova Scotia.  It wasn’t until 1608 that Quebec City was founded which is regarded as the first “permanent” settlement.

Of course, there is some argument that St. John’s in Newfoundland was discovered by John Cabot in 1497.  though it only held City status as of about 1620 (which would be after Quebec City and Cuper’s Cove / Cupids (1610) also in Newfoundland.

(And, of course, that doesn’t count Native American settlements)

In A&A related news - can’t wait for Europe 1940 to come out so I can get a Global game going. :D

Also, both Halifax (Nova Scotia) and St. John’s (Newfoundland) were staging points for convoys headed to England in the Second World War.

• @Spade632:

@calvinhobbesliker:

Why is Quebec nor “real Canada”? The first settlement of Canada was by the French in Quebec

Technically, L’Anse aux Meadows in Newfoundland would be the first settlement.  It dates from around 1000 CE/AD and was a Norse settlement.

After that there was the Sieur des Mons / Samuel de Champlain expedition that first settled on St. Croix Island in 1604 (on the St. Croix River which forms part of the border between present day Maine and New Brunswick). The next year (1605), they settled at Port Royal in Nova Scotia.  It wasn’t until 1608 that Quebec City was founded which is regarded as the first “permanent” settlement.

Of course, there is some argument that St. John’s in Newfoundland was discovered by John Cabot in 1497.  though it only held City status as of about 1620 (which would be after Quebec City and Cuper’s Cove / Cupids (1610) also in Newfoundland.

(And, of course, that doesn’t count Native American settlements)

In A&A related news - can’t wait for Europe 1940 to come out so I can get a Global game going. :D

Also, both Halifax (Nova Scotia) and St. John’s (Newfoundland) were staging points for convoys headed to England in the Second World War.

I thought the vikings were like pirates. They just destroyed the land and took the booty and go.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m