• We could have someone play Italy if one more wants to join.

And how is this going to work? We post moves, roll on the forum (how does that work) and then posts lists of our tropps in the end of each turn? Also the order in witch to take casulties are not as clear now as be4, whenever there are mecs and art involved there might be a problem.

• @Dany:

We could have someone play Italy if one more wants to join.

And how is this going to work? We post moves, roll on the forum (how does that work) and then posts lists of our tropps in the end of each turn? Also the order in witch to take casulties are not as clear now as be4, whenever there are mecs and art involved there might be a problem.

Rolling works like this. For 2 inf and a tank,
    DiceInput ErrorThere was an error in your dice throw: “/>replace” is not correct syntax.

If the order of losses is not clear, ask your opponent(s)

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@Dany:

DiceInput ErrorThere was an error in your dice throw: “/>replace” is not correct syntax.

Umm?

• @Dylan:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@Dany:

Umm?

:aaa 2@1 1@3;

• @Dany:

My thought on Italy is that since most of us have played Japan in AAP40, it would be more interesting for the Japanese player in this game to get a taste of the new AAE40 game as well.  If SgtBlitz wants to give up Italy or Japan to someone, he can…but I’ll leave that up to him.  One caveot I have though, is that if SgtBlitz keeps Japan and gives up Italy to someone, I would like that someone playing Italy to understand and agree with the Axis Sea Lion strategy.

I plan on doing some practice rolls before the game starts;-)

Yes, we talk on this forum and this thread right here(build, move, etc…) until the combatants are ready to roll.  If anyone has any questions including rules along the way, or about anything else, we answer/settle it.  I dont play a “tight” game(ie…you can re-do your moves/builds, etc…), but we do have a rule here in our groups in S. Florida that once you roll for something, you dont go back past that point…I suggest we do the same here.

The non-phasing player gets the opportunity to say which units he losses.  I think we understand sometimes its better to take a more expensive loss if it means it will accomplish a mission, or for other reasons.

As for when we begin…Dany said he has final exams at the moment and preferred to begin next week.  Maybe Dany can tell us what day would be good for him?  Also, there are a couple days coming up that I will not be available (August 21-25…it might only be Aug. 23-25 depending)…we have elections Aug. 24 and I’m working on a campaign.

• Well, if you’re ready you can post G1 now so Dany can study it before making Russia’s move.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

Well, if you’re ready you can post G1 now so Dany can study it before making Russia’s move.

Thats not a bad idea, but I would want Dany and the rest of the Allies to be ok with that.

Also, can you give me the order of play?…I’ve seen it, but did’nt write it down.

We also need to debate/vote on using tech.  Is anyone opposed or in favor of tech?  I’m neutral as of now.

• @miamibeach:

@calvinhobbesliker:

Well, if you’re ready you can post G1 now so Dany can study it before making Russia’s move.

Thats not a bad idea, but I would want Dany and the rest of the Allies to be ok with that.

Also, can you give me the order of play?…I’ve seen it, but did’nt write it down.

We also need to debate/vote on using tech.  Is anyone opposed or in favor of tech?  I’m neutral as of now.

Order is Germany, Russia, Japan, UK, ANZAC, Italy, US, China, France

I’d like no tech for the 1st game to keep it simple

• I dont really mind if its tech or no-tech, but i think we should start up a new thread under the “Play Bordgames” section once we start the game. Just so we dont confuse people.

The following is just an example of how to write up a turn for those who havent played a forumgame before (but you are ofcourse welcome to do your own variations)

Anzac T11

Buys:

1 Sub
    1 Des
    1 Minf

save 5

CM:

Dgu to Bor
    2 Sbm

z54 to z43
    1 Trn (load 1 Inf, 1 Art from Que to Bor)

Battle of Borneo:
    1 Inf, 1 Art 2 Sbm vs 1 Inf, 1 Ftr

A
    Dice
    Rolls: 2@2 2@4; Total Hits: 3
    2@2: (1, 4)2@4: (2, 4)

D
    Dice
    Rolls: 1@2 1@4; Total Hits: 1
    1@2: (3)1@4: (4)

NCM:

Bor to Dgu
    2 Sbm

Dgu to Car
    1 Ftr

z37 to z39
    1 Sub

Nsw to Que
    1 Art, 1 Ftr

z54 to z33
    1 Trn (load 2 Inf from Que to Car)

Sau to Que
    1 Inf

z62 to z54
    1 Trn

z54 to z26
    1 Des

z41 to z56
    1 Des

place new units in z62 & Nsw

collect (27+5) 32 ipc

• By the way it looks like we also have the NOs already. They can be found on Bob Mickelsons charts. (first post in this forum)

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@Dany:

LOL dice roller example just made my day.

• I’d be cool with either just Japan or Italy.  Both seem interesting to me.  I’ve played a bunch of AA50 games but the new rules (including scrambling and neutrality) in AA40 might throw me for a loop.  The other Axis players might want to warn me ahead of time if I am getting myself into (unexpected) trouble.  So I’d prefer whoever takes the other power to have played P40 before.

I’d like to play Japan since they seem to be a big shot in the Pacific, but all the J1 strategies I’ve seen so far wouldn’t seem to be optimal for a German Sealion strategy.  I’m supposing I ought to find some good neutral-till-J3 strategies (I’m guessing I ought to go for Calcutta, if we’re really trying to KO Britain)?  Otherwise, I should be fine with Italy if someone else really wants Japan since Italy starts out at war with the UK already.

If we’re going to start a PBF game we need to start a thread in the PBF section.

• Here are some unit abbreviations:
    Inf-Infantry
    Art,Rtl-Artillery
    Arm, Tnk-Tank/Armor
    Mec(h)-Mechanized Infantry
    Ftr-Fighter
    Tac/TBmr-Tactical Bomber
    Bmr/SBmr-Strategic Bomber
    SS-Submarine
    Tr(ans)-Transport
    CC/CA-Cruiser
    DD-Destroyer
    BB-Battleship
    AC/CV-Carrier
    AA-Antiaircraft gun
    MaIC-Major Industrial Complex
    MiIC-Minor IC
    NB-Naval Base
    AB-Airbase

• SgtBlitz…probably you and I need to have a private e-mail conversation about our strategies before we begin.  I prefer we both discuss and advise each other’s moves, plans, etc…as the game goes on.  I’ve played AAP40 quite a bit, so I can warn you, etc…

• Check your PMs miamibeach, think we can converse that way.

• Can I assume everyone is in favor of playing with no techs for this first game?  I think that does make sense.

• @miamibeach:

Can I assume everyone is in favor of playing with no techs for this first game?  I think that does make sense.

Sure. Start a thread in the PBF

• Sounds good!

• As for techs, my preference would be to play without them, but I really don’t care one way or the other.

I am good with typing up the turn order in a post, and rolling in a post, etc…

I am good starting now or whenever you guys are ready.

I did have one question before we begin…what do we do if someone makes an illegal move or roll…say they move a fighter to a battle that actually can’t reach , or say they forget to downgrade tac bomber when its supporting unit dies etc…  Does anyone have a good system for arbitrating these kinds of mistakes.

• One more question…is the attacker going to roll for his own units and the defender?  This would really speed things up, but we might have a problem with taking casualties.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m