• Hello there,
    me and my friends are playing revised for some time now and i have a couple of rule questions where I would ask you for help. We are playing with LHTR 2.0 and all national advantages.

1. The rules for enigma state, that if you want to withdraw to an adjacent space it has to be controlled by the allies. for land battles this is clear, but sea zones are only in controll of the allies if there is an allied ship. Therefore, we interpret the enigma rules so, that if you want to move ships out of an sea zone, you can only do so into a sea zone occupied by an allied ship. Is this the correct interpretation? Also we were wondering if you can move fighters into a battle provoced by germany, especially from london into adjacent sea zones? From the rules this should be possible, but this would make an attack from germany in the atlantic ridiculous.

2. Regarding chinese devisions, is it possible for the US to place a free infantry in a just captured country?

3. I often read here, that the allies have an advantage over the axis, but in our games the opposite seems to be true. In fact the game seems almoust perfectly balanced, but the axis seems far more forgiving. Germany usually buys only tanks and can’t do much wrong with them.

• Part 2:

So Germany pushes all her tanks east, russia can hold this only till turn 3 or 4 with russian winter. When the allies announce the joint strike (usually in round 3) germany removes all units from paris (where the joint strike usually goes), buys only infantry and brings tanks and fighters in possition to recapture paris immediatly (what usually works).

This makes it almoust impossible for the allies to win, except when germany goes for navy or so. Is this also your impression on LHTR 2.0 with all national advantages or are our allies players doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for your interesst and any answers,
    best wishes
    m

• Official Q&A

Welcome, Singabua!

@singabua:

1. The rules for enigma state, that if you want to withdraw to an adjacent space it has to be controlled by the allies. for land battles this is clear, but sea zones are only in controll of the allies if there is an allied ship. Therefore, we interpret the enigma rules so, that if you want to move ships out of an sea zone, you can only do so into a sea zone occupied by an allied ship. Is this the correct interpretation?

Yes.

@singabua:

Also we were wondering if you can move fighters into a battle provoced by germany, especially from london into adjacent sea zones? From the rules this should be possible, but this would make an attack from germany in the atlantic ridiculous.

Fighters may only move into a sea zone if there are carriers with available space in that sea zone.

@singabua:

1. Regarding chinese devisions, is it possible for the US to place a free infantry in a just captured country?

Yes.

@singabua:

1. I often read here, that the allies have an advantage over the axis, but in our games the opposite seems to be true. In fact the game seems almoust perfectly balanced, but the axis seems far more forgiving. Germany usually buys only tanks and can’t do much wrong with them.

The Allies must work together.  If they do so effectively, it will make things tougher on the Axis.

• @singabua:

Hello there,
    me and my friends are playing revised for some time now and i have a couple of rule questions where I would ask you for help. We are playing with LHTR 2.0 and all national advantages.

1. The rules for enigma state, that if you want to withdraw to an adjacent space it has to be controlled by the allies. for land battles this is clear, but sea zones are only in controll of the allies if there is an allied ship. Therefore, we interpret the enigma rules so, that if you want to move ships out of an sea zone, you can only do so into a sea zone occupied by an allied ship. Is this the correct interpretation? Also we were wondering if you can move fighters into a battle provoced by germany, especially from london into adjacent sea zones? From the rules this should be possible, but this would make an attack from germany in the atlantic ridiculous.

2. Regarding chinese devisions, is it possible for the US to place a free infantry in a just captured country?

3. I often read here, that the allies have an advantage over the axis, but in our games the opposite seems to be true. In fact the game seems almoust perfectly balanced, but the axis seems far more forgiving. Germany usually buys only tanks and can’t do much wrong with them.

I think it’s UK that announces Joint strike, making Germany powerless to do anything before US’s turn

• Official Q&A

@calvinhobbesliker:

I think it’s UK that announces Joint strike, making Germany powerless to do anything before US’s turn

That’s true in the box rules.  However, in LHTR the announcement is made at the start of the round, before the USSR’s turn.

• The Allies must work together.  If they do so effectively, it will make things tougher on the Axis.

But thats what i mean. The axis can push forward with germany building tanks and japan eiter ICs or transporters, while the allies have to perfectly coordinate their moves with landing fighters on your friends territorys and so, to hold position. And as mentioned, dday has to be announced before russias turn, so germany is prepared, can remove from france and recapture it the same turn with all the tanks and fighters. So i do not understand why to give the axis a bid or so. if they get only one infantry more in lybia i can’t see how the allies should win the game.

Also because of the grat japaneese battleships the us and uk usually clear the pacific immediatly but when they reach the atlantic the game usually is already decided. china is the main target because us usually builds an IC there. 2 tanks each turn plus the free (motorised) infantry have to be destroyed as soon as possible.

However, thanks a lot for the quick answers, enigma is clear now.
    Best wishes
    m

• Try playing without NA’s

Also, Joint strike can be used against any territory, or multiple ones at once!

• @calvinhobbesliker:

Try playing without NA’s

Also, Joint strike can be used against any territory, or multiple ones at once!

Of course, but usually it results in a full assault on france or on the german fleet or both.
    You get the 3 infantry, berlin is protected to heavy, and norway can be evacuated/recaptured the same way like france.

Going for japan also is not an option because he can move his two battleships to japan to protect it.

Playing without advantages only makes the axis stronger (and it is far not so much fun). Playing with the out-of-the -box-advantages makes the allies much stronger then the axis so LHTR 2.0 seems the best option. I was just woundering if the general opinion in this forum, that the allies have an advantage over the axis referes to LHTR 2.0, because we do not have this impression.

Thanks for all
    m

• Official Q&A

You may want to check out some of the strategy articles on this site.

• @singabua:

Part 2:

So Germany pushes all her tanks east, russia can hold this only till turn 3 or 4 with russian winter. When the allies announce the joint strike (usually in round 3) germany removes all units from paris (where the joint strike usually goes), buys only infantry and brings tanks and fighters in possition to recapture paris immediatly (what usually works).

This makes it almoust impossible for the allies to win, except when germany goes for navy or so. Is this also your impression on LHTR 2.0 with all national advantages or are our allies players doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for your interesst and any answers,
    best wishes
    m

hey singabua
    would like to give my opinion about your games but i need more data

as far as i can tell
    even in LHTR 2.0.
    the Allies have at least slight advantage

i assume in your games Moscow falls and Berlin stays so it finishes that way…

maybe U should dedicate more to exploiting Allied NAs

for example in the first round when Germany attacks Egypt use Enigma Decoded

use Mideast Oil for your aircraft

move your Caucaus IC when U see the Axis will take control of the territory

use marine, chinese divisions, mechanized inf

war economy and fast carriers

build IC in Sinkiang send Soviet inf and hold Sinkiang

where do U place UK IC
    in India?

• where do U place UK IC
    in India?

I always put the colonial garrison in India and immediately start bolstering the defending land forces. Otherwise, the Japanese can use the J1 or J2 India crush and grab the VC quickly

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m