Why are there Canadian roundels? A new rule perhaps?

• Its time we start arguing that the Channel Islands had a considerable ecomany, produce many 10s of infantry and acted independantly of the UK, so its clear they should not be streotyeped as part of th UK, and should be their own power; including their own income, units and combat.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

Yeah, I’ve heard of such attempts. For example, there’s Bose, who escaped from India to Germany via Afghanistan and the Soviet Union in 1940. He wanted to lead an army of Indian POW’s to “liberate” India from Britain. Hitler was actually reluctant to do this as he admired the British Raj. Anyway, after setbacks in the invasion of Russia, this became impossible. Thus, Bose was transfered via subs off Madagascar to Japan, who helped him lead an army of Indians captured at Singapore to invade India. The sad thing is, that those Indians who joined Japan and invaded India are regarded as “freedom-fighters” in India and are given large pensions. Indians who fought on the British side against the Japanese invasion of it are not.

Yea I’ve heard similar stories of Indian troops (freedom fighters)  fighting on the axis side. That’s a bummer about the pensions. That must have come about after Aug 1947 when India gained  its independence. Its also when Pakistan (Muslim ) was split off and was recognized.

• I’m under 14

• I’m under fourteen.

• Im in college. transferring to a 4 year

• The Canadian roundels are there purely for the recognition of Canada’s contribution to the Allied effort.

• And it looks better

• The Canadian roundels are there purely for the recognition of Canada’s contribution to the Allied effort.

• –but but, what are these Canadian roundels really all about???

Brain Damaged, it appears no one wants to believe Larry’s simple statement… :roll:

• Get over Canada. Its not going to be in the game, its just that nothing ever happens in Canada, because they helped alot in the war and have a cool rondol they are on the board.

Whos with me

• Then any minor power should have its roundel: Mexico, Brazil, Panama, Greece, Finland, Siam, Romania, etc. Man, even the neutrals as Spain for that matter  :|

But for a gaming point of view canadian roundels has no use and so has no sense if they are not going to be a separate power or have any gaming use. Larry should delete the roundels or give them a role.

The split of India as 2nd capital is a bad one, it was better Canada. But since I’m going to delete all the chinese and neutral ACME walls and all capital sacking crappiness in my house rules, I guess that I can also give Canada the 2nd capital status the deserves  :wink:

• @Funcioneta:

Then any minor power should have its roundel: Mexico, Brazil, Panama, Greece, Finland, Siam, Romania, etc. Man, even the neutrals as Spain for that matter  :|

But for a gaming point of view canadian roundels has no use and so has no sense if they are not going to be a separate power or have any gaming use. Larry should delete the roundels or give them a role.

The split of India as 2nd capital is a bad one, it was better Canada. But since I’m going to delete all the chinese and neutral ACME walls and all capital sacking crappiness in my house rules, I guess that I can also give Canada the 2nd capital status the deserves  :wink:

Why is splitting it into India bad? If it were UK and Canada, all the money would go to Europe and none to the pacific.

• If allies want win the game, India must hold. Ignoring Japan will not be a viable approach anymore with such big map. India will pop only one dude after round 3-5, and maybe even less, if India is the 2nd capital. India cannot hold in that case. Unless of course that West India has value of at least 2 and a minor IC can be built there  :|

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@Funcioneta:

Then any minor power should have its roundel: Mexico, Brazil, Panama, Greece, Finland, Siam, Romania, etc. Man, even the neutrals as Spain for that matter  :|

Why is splitting it into India bad? If it were UK and Canada, all the money would go to Europe and none to the pacific.

No, if it were split UK and Canada, only the Canadian resources would be dedicated to the European side.  Func’s point is that if it were a UK/Canada split rather than a GBr/India split you could spend as much or as little on Pacific as you want, so you wouldn’t end up being limited to buying a couple infantry for India each turn since UK doesn’t get that much to start with in Pacific and can’t reasonably challenge Japan for the DEI.

• Man, these topics are still around and in such volume too.

Why not just be happy with the recognition? If its such a problem, paint Canadian roundels under the infantry to distinguish them or something…

• Will there be Canadian control markers for the people who want to house rule Canada in?

• I doubt it, but it won’t stop people from making them.

• Being Canadian I not sure what all the fuss is about. I do not think Canada needs to be seperate in the game.
    Not sure what these roundels will be used for other then if UK is toast and Canada is now alone then you could use them, if you want these in your house rules.
    In the World at War 1939 game, Canada does have an IC in Eastern Canada and most games we have played the UK player tends to build ships at that IC because it is better protected being further away. That way German planes / boats do not take out the fleet the round it is purchased. I actually like it.

That game does not split the money up and UK can buy and place wherever. In that game Australia also has an IC at the start so UK can buy as it sees fit. UK is not done until at least two of the Capitals fall: either UK / Canada or UK / Australia.
    Just a thought for those who like house rule changes. :-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m