New Rules Question: Straits and Neutral Naval Units

• Okay, neutral naval units basically behave like allied naval units: you can co-habit a SZ peacefully with a neutral naval unit, no problem.

Straits and canals block the movement of enemy ships.

Sooo… what are the rules about neutral naval units and straits/canals? Can the Russian battleship, for example, leave the Baltic if the USSR is not at war with Germany?

• Official Q&A

It can, with Germany’s permission.

• In case of refusal
    Russia may declare war on Germany?

• @Krieghund:

It can, with Germany’s permission.

Brilliant! I love it that they have to ask nicely in order to get out of the Baltic.

I wonder what Germany will say…  :-D

• Excellent series of questions on the BB leaving Baltic….I can’t wait to hear everyones answers…

If BB is refused and causes war - sucks for germany
    If BB is allowed and sits with brits in later game - sucks for germany
    If BB is refused and can’t start war - sucks for russia

My opinion is the first two situations can take place…because…if a neutral can block a straight without starting war, it leads to neutral ships blocking sea zones, which we already know is not the case.

• Official Q&A

@dante:

In case of refusal
    Russia may declare war on Germany?

No.

• Well, I certainly wouldn’t mind seeing the Soviet battleship leaving the Baltic Sea.  Makes it easier to ferry troops to Leningrad when I don’t have to take out that annoying Red Fleet, and I can take it out when I spread out into the Atlantic.  So it COULD potentially be useful to Germany to let the neutral Soviet fleet out of the Baltic.  I’d have to see it in action first before passing judgment, though.  Could be interesting… I may try it, see what happens.

• @squirrelfox:

Well, I certainly wouldn’t mind seeing the Soviet battleship leaving the Baltic Sea.  Makes it easier to ferry troops to Leningrad when I don’t have to take out that annoying Red Fleet, and I can take it out when I spread out into the Atlantic.  So it COULD potentially be useful to Germany to let the neutral Soviet fleet out of the Baltic.  I’d have to see it in action first before passing judgment, though.  Could be interesting… I may try it, see what happens.

I think that letting the Soviet BB hook up with the Royal Navy would be bad news for Germany. Better, as the Offspring song exhorts, to “keep 'em separated”.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m