ABattlemap P40 module v3.2 is here!

• Hey Stoney,

I have attempted to download the file from your link you provided, but when the file is finished downloading and I open it, there is no .exe file in the folder. Any help would be great thanks.

• @The:

Hey Stoney,

I have attempted to download the file from your link you provided, but when the file is finished downloading and I open it, there is no .exe file in the folder. Any help would be great thanks.

Sorry you’re having trouble.  I just downloaded the file again and the .EXE is indeed there.

The .EXE comes from the download of Atti’s P40 module on Flames of Europe, not the new module on Mediafire.  Reread the first post and you’ll see what I’m talking about.  Let me know if this does not solve your problem.

I would distribute the .EXE with the new module to make it easier, but it belongs to Attila and he has not yet responded to my request for permission to do this.

• '10

@The:

Hey Stoney,

the exe file is the one with the blue and red map. just click on it and the app will open

• @gamerman01:

Where do you track the IPC’s on hand?
    How do you change the color of China??  It’s hurting my eyes.   8-)

It sounds like you’re trying to use Atti’s module which was linked to only because it includes the new ABattlemap update.  Try downloading and installing my new module which you can download from mediafire, and if you have an older module which uses the P40.gim directory name, you will need to delete/overwrite it or follow the how-to for upgrading it.  Does that make sense?  Let me know if you still have trouble.

• @gamerman01:

@Stoney229:

@gamerman01:

Where do you track the IPC’s on hand?
    How do you change the color of China??  It’s hurting my eyes.   8-)

It sounds like you’re trying to use Atti’s module which was linked to only because it includes the new ABattlemap update.  Try downloading and installing my new module which you can download from mediafire, and if you have an older module which uses the P40.gim directory name, you will need to delete/overwrite it or follow the how-to for upgrading it.  Does that make sense?  Let me know if you still have trouble.

Got it - thanks.  The cloudy background will take a bit getting used to, but otherwise it looks great.  How does the build total work and what is it supposed to represent?

Cloudy background?  It’s actually supposed to look less cloudy than the BETA module - I used a photo of rock to texture the land, and water to texture the water.  If you’re map doesn’t look like that, there may still be something awry.  The “build” row is a sum total of the value of a nations facilities on the “board”- MICs, mICs, ABs, and NBs.

• '10

Just wanted to see if I have this right Stoney. You can run your 3.1 version on 0.79 battlemap however the infoview will not  not adjust for NOs or convoy disruptions. To get this feature you need to download and swap the exe. file from the latest version of battlemap which is not on this site but at flames of europe. If I download the entire new version of battlemap will it overwrite the existing directory or will it create a new one as it is a different version?

• @gamerman01:

OK, thanks Stoney.

Yes, my Beta one looked great, but the new one I have is cloudy, with multicolored background…

Remember customizing the map is easy with the Map.PDN file I linked to in the how-to’s.  Replace this file with your Map.BMP and you should have it looking like you want!

• @Battlingmaxo:

Just wanted to see if I have this right Stoney. You can run your 3.1 version on 0.79 battlemap however the infoview will not  not adjust for NOs or convoy disruptions. To get this feature you need to download and swap the exe. file from the latest version of battlemap which is not on this site but at flames of europe. If I download the entire new version of battlemap will it overwrite the existing directory or will it create a new one as it is a different version?

Well, you can open the new module with ABattlemap version 0.79f, but the InfoView income WILL include several NOs, whether they are earned or not.  Otherwise yes.

The new version of Abattlemap does not create a new program folder - you must have the program folder already set up with the .79f installation file (you did this when you installed ABattlemap for the very first time) and then you simply replace the old ABattlemap.EXE with the new one included in Atti’s P40 module on Flames of Europe.

Actually, if for whatever reason you didn’t want to replace 0.79f, you can put both .EXE files in the program folder (they must have different names), and run whichever one you want to run when you want to run it.

Make sense?  Are you having trouble with something?

• '10

No problems, just prefer your versions of the AA50 maps so I don’t want to lose them on the download. I guess I could paste them in later.

• @Battlingmaxo:

No problems, just prefer your versions of the AA50 maps so I don’t want to lose them on the download. I guess I could paste them in later.

Okay so yeah - you won’t lose anything at all except the .79f version of the .EXE, and even that is only if you choose to delete it.

• Have managed to get the AAP40 module installed and the map loads fine.

However, with Windows 7 i seem not to be able to scroll to the lower part.

Is anyone else awar eof this problem?
    Perhaps i’ve made an installation error somewhere?

thanks

• @gMonty:

Have managed to get the AAP40 module installed and the map loads fine.

However, with Windows 7 i seem not to be able to scroll to the lower part.

Is anyone else awar eof this problem?
    Perhaps i’ve made an installation error somewhere?

thanks

To pan, right-click (on the map) and hold, and move your mouse in the direction you would like to see the map.

• Customizer

I can’t seem to get the pieces tool bar to come up, despite checking it on the drop down menu.

Am I missing something?

• @jim010:

I can’t seem to get the pieces tool bar to come up, despite checking it on the drop down menu.

Am I missing something?

Are you using ABattlemap .79f, .80, or the newest one (bundled with Atti’s P40 module)?  If so, it is a bug.  Try closing ABattlemap, deleting “Abattlemap.ini” (Configuration Settings) in the ABattlemap program folder, and then reopening ABattlemap.

If you are using the newest version, you can try the same process, but let me know (I’m curious, since the bug is supposed to be fixed in the latest version.).

• Stoney I seem to be experiencing the same issues jim010 had with regards to the convoys. Putting control markers in captured countries does adjust the IPCs correctly but many of the NO boxes do not do anything.

I updated my EXE to .80 and then installed your Pacific 3.1 I also have your older Beta version which shows up completely separately so v3.1 should be functioning correctly.

Have I missed something are is there still a bug to be fixed?

• @a44bigdog:

Stoney I seem to be experiencing the same issues jim010 had with regards to the convoys. Putting control markers in captured countries does adjust the IPCs correctly but many of the NO boxes do not do anything.

I updated my EXE to .80 and then installed your Pacific 3.1 I also have your older Beta version which shows up completely separately so v3.1 should be functioning correctly.

Have I missed something are is there still a bug to be fixed?

Hi, thanks for posting.  As of right now, the latest ABattlemap can only be downloaded through the link in my first post to Atti’s P40 Module (which also includes the .EXE).  It is actually a later version than .80, although the “about” window was not updated (it should be 80.0 KB, as opposed to version .80’s 78.0 KB).  If you do indeed have the latest version of ABattlemap, and the name of the module that you select in the “New” drop-down menu is “Pacific 1940 v3.1”, and you haven’t changed any of the related Start.AAM files, then your convoy disruption should be working (is it not?  I’m not sure I understand from your question if you are having trouble with the new convoy disruption feature).

Adding or removing flags in most NO boxes (exceptions are “US Oki+ Iwo”, US at-war NO, and ANZAC’s 1-time NO) will not affect your Infoview, since with version 3.x the Infoview oil income (with the exceptions) is actually dependent upon the actual criteria for receiving the income in rules of the game.  For example, placing a Japanese flag on India gives Japan an additional 8 total income - 3 for “IPC” and 5 for “Oil”, regardless of what flag, if any, is on the marker.@Stoney229:

_I recommend still putting flags on the NO markers, particularly for giving your opponent the pleasure of deleting it when they break your NO ;).  It is possible to remove this feature if necessary without affecting compatibility, but since I wasn’t aware of any pertinent rules modifications, I did not see the need to provide this option.  Let me know if you do.

Please respond and let me know if this does or doesn’t solve your problems.  As always, feel free to offer any other questions, concerns, suggestions, comments, problems, or bug reports.  Thanks!_

• @Stoney229:

If you do indeed have the latest version of ABattlemap, and the name of the module that you select in the “New” drop-down menu is “Pacific 1940 v3.1”, and you haven’t changed any of the related Start.AAM files, then your convoy disruption should be working (is it not?  I’m not sure I understand from your question if you are having trouble with the new convoy disruption feature).

I forgot to add that the two involved nations must be designated as “at war” in order for the convoy damage to show up in Infoview.

• Thanks Stoney, I need to go get the version from your post and not the 80 version I downloaded from FOE. I would recommend leaving the NO boxes even if they are not actually manipulating the IPCs as it just makes things a bit easier to track.

Great Job on developing this and I am looking forward to your E40 and G40 modules as I do not have a table big enough for the combined boards so we will have to use ABattlemap on the lap top for face to face play.

• I just downloaded the P40 gim from the front page and no EXE is in it. The 80 version from the front page is the same 80 version that I have that is 78kbs. It loos like Atilla may have rearranged some things. Hopefully he will give you the option of distributing the functional version.

• @a44bigdog:

I just downloaded the P40 gim from the front page and no EXE is in it. The 80 version from the front page is the same 80 version that I have that is 78kbs. It loos like Atilla may have rearranged some things. Hopefully he will give you the option of distributing the functional version.

I just double-checked and everything should be in it’s proper place.  Try reading the first post one more time.  The link is “Atti’s P40 module”, which includes the latest version of ABattlemap.  I asked Attila if I could create a mirror download, but he never responded.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m