• Everyone has probaly noticed but at the time AAE is based on, germany is only at war with britan, japan hasn’t attacked pearl yet, so the US isn’t in the war yet, and russian has a non-aggression pact with germany. A couple o’ things arent working out. :-?

any thoughts?

• Make some house rules concerning that.

• well, the game actually starts June 22 1941 (I think that’s right) when Germany invades the ussr. The only thing that isn’t right, is the usa wasn’t in the war. And the fact that taking moscow wouldn’t mean victory for Germany. You could have house rules where the usa doesn’t enter the war until 3. But to compensate, give the usa production of like 80 or something turn 3 and later. Only 40 the first 2 turns. What do you think?

Or just play advanced historical europe which already has the usa comming in late, and russian winters among other things. It really is pretty cool.

• You are right Inxdux. This is how it reads in the gameplay manual: “It is the spring of 1941 and Germany is about to launch Operation Barbarossa. This was Germany’s surprise attack on the Soviet Union that ended the Hitler-Stalin non-aggression pact.” It also goes on to say “The United States is supplying armaments for the Allies, but will not be entering the war for another six months.” I agree that the US being involved from the get go is historically inaccurate and ridiculous. The US did not get involved in the European Theater until the spring of 1942 when they invaded North Africa. I like your idea of not allowing the US to get involved until Round 3. However, I would suggest that perhaps the US only gets to use 10 or 20 IPCs for their own production during these first 2 rounds and use the remaining IPCs to build units for UK. However, the UK units that the US builds would have to start in the US and ground units would have to be brought to the UK by transport. During this time period the US had a huge problem transporting anything to the UK across the Atlantic due to the German subs and these rules would really bring this into play. I’ve never played this way, but it may balance the game out and be more historically accurate.

@Anonymous:

Everyone has probaly noticed but at the time AAE is based on, germany is only at war with britan, japan hasn’t attacked pearl yet, so the US isn’t in the war yet, and russian has a non-aggression pact with germany. A couple o’ things arent working out. :-?

any thoughts?

the US was in the war it just wasn’t attacking anyone instead it was supplying war goods to Britian and Russia…

• Yes they supplied arms but they were not at war with germany until after pearl harbour, and even then germany declared war with the US, not the other way around

• What we are getting at Guerilla Guy is that the US should not be able to attack and should not be at a war-production level when it comes to IPCs in the first round or 2. If the Germans leave the US navy alone, the US can perform an amphibious assault on Morocco or attack German subs on their first turn, which is ridiculous unless Avalon Hill considers Germany, Russia & UK going first in round 1 as a 6 month time period. If a rule was made that the US could not attack until round 3 and that for their first 2 rounds they can only use 1/2 their IPCs for their own production and the other 1/2 for UK that would be more historically accurate.

@wardog42:

What we are getting at Guerilla Guy is that the US should not be able to attack and should not be at a war-production level when it comes to IPCs in the first round or 2. If the Germans leave the US navy alone, the US can perform an amphibious assault on Morocco or attack German subs on their first turn, which is ridiculous unless Avalon Hill considers Germany, Russia & UK going first in round 1 as a 6 month time period. If a rule was made that the US could not attack until round 3 and that for their first 2 rounds they can only use 1/2 their IPCs for their own production and the other 1/2 for UK that would be more historically accurate.

ahhh… now I get it… if this is in seasonal division of rounds then the US gets full level production on round 2 and immediately at war rwith germany… I would say it’s automatic at going to war otherwise Germany would keep them out of the war… how about the US can only supply Aircraft as far as the first 2 turns??? then it only gets half for those 2 turns at 20 IPC’s???

Thoughts…

• I agree that the US should automatically go to war with Germany as soon as round 2 or 3 comes around. Germany declared war with the US just after Peal Harbor so that would make sense. If they didn’t automatically go to war and had to wait for Germany to attack, then the same could be done with Russia. At the begining of the game, the Germans still have the non-aggression pact with Russia. If the rules went that Russia could not attack Germany until Germany attacked them, no one would ever attack Russia. Germany would have a much easier time pounding UK to submission without having to worry about the eastern front. At far as producing the planes go, I think that’s a good idea. You could also have the US transport tanks and possibly artillery to the UK.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m