I know this isn’t exactly the right forum but where dsoes it fit??

how much do you think one “Unit” is worth men, tank, aircraft, and shipwise?

• If you mean how many troops are in one unit of Inf or what have you, I’d say that one Inf is 10,000, an Arm is about 1000 tanks, and a Fighter is about 100. The carrier and battleship almost have to be single, but I don’t know what that would mean for subs and transports . . . I doubt the makers really knew how much was in each of them.

yeah, they probably didn’t think about that… otherwise the game would look different :wink:

• I think one inf unit is one division, 15-25,000 men. im not sure about fgtrs, arm, or bmb, but the battle ships and carriers couldnt be single because UK had 15 battleships in the beginning of the war, US had over a hundred carriers in 1945! And in 1942 germany had almost 350 u-boats

@Zhukov_2003:

I think one inf unit is one division, 15-25,000 men. im not sure about fgtrs, arm, or bmb, but the battle ships and carriers couldnt be single because UK had 15 battleships in the beginning of the war, US had over a hundred carriers in 1945! And in 1942 germany had almost 350 u-boats

yeah the AC in Hawaii SZ at minimum is 3…

• I know this isn’t exactly the place, but you guys seem to know a fair bit about how A&A “interacts” with the actual events and logistics of WWII.

When (what time of year) in 1942 does A&A start?

• I think May.

Hawaii AC would be doing coral sea battle next turn so I think April…. posssibly May…

@Guest:

I know this isn’t exactly the place, but you guys seem to know a fair bit about how A&A “interacts” with the actual events and logistics of WWII.

When (what time of year) in 1942 does A&A start?

actually to tell the truth I don’t think it interacts with history… the Russians outnumbered the germans in production and the USA outnumbered all the Axis countries in the same (USA should really get about 60 per turn 8) ) the makers though had to “balance” it so therefore it is what it is a great strategy game :) … not necessarily a historically accurate game :-?

• Well … there really isn’t an exact date given.

The rules state the following:

It is spring of 1942.

• Thanks, I suppose I really should have looked on the box.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m