• i don’t care 2nd or 3rd, 3rd encourages navy (2 hit bb, sub submerge) more so…
    these rules are the exact same way i played except capitals are 8… so we will see, it sure was a lot of fun, after this game, it should be easier to decide on changes i guess
    I’m thinking make the neutral territories either 2 or 3 in value, and have 2 infantry guarding them. With just one, it allows players to gain ground really fast… but whatever works

mot’s mapview is awsome, check it out, but i can conform to winmap or no map

yes, we need 1-2 more players. Since i haven’t played by forum yet, you will have to tell me which dicey we are using, and i don’t think i should go first

this will prove to be interesting
    once we get 4 people, we can decide on the turn order with dicey? or by request… hmm

• 3rd edition rules are fine.

I think the neutrals should be worth the same as the other territories. I agree that 2 infantry should be defending each initial territory that are considered neutral.

I responded to laststrikes post in the games section. I’m in.
    So,

1. We each pick a capital
    2. Then in turn each pick our 4 other territories
    3. Then buy 60 IPC worth of goodies and place

Now for the start/first turn, you don’t buy anymore units, right?
    You do your first turn then collect, then buy more units at the beginning of rd 2 (like normal A&A), right?

Just a suggestion, if we play with 4 people and P1 uses R, 2 uses G, ect., that we just use the US pieces for the initial “nuetral” defenders. I guess it doesn’t matter. That’s how I was going to set up my board, infact I’ll be using the normal AAmap that gets emailed around for regular PBEM games.

Also for Dicey, I would suggest that you always email your oppenent (defender in current battle) and then if the others need the results or want to see them you could just forward them to the others.

I think that is all for now.

One more thing:
    You can buy new IC’s and aa-guns, right?
    And then could you only place 2 units at a new complex?
    Like regular A&A new complexes.

• yeah i think that’s logical about the industries and aa’s
    let’s figure out the order, and start it up i guess.
    Which dicey are we using? I’m new to messageboard play…
    are we going to post here, or on a different board?

I guess the basic rules are 3rd edition
    capitals worth 10 all others 2, 2 neutral infantry defending all others
    each person picks their capital in order (ind and aa go there for free)
    after all capitals are picked, each person says where they want the 60 ipc’s to go (place or save) in order
    after this the first person moves

anything else?

whoever wants to go first can just post their capital then (that could determine the order…)
    just tell me what board we are using to play it
    good luck to all

This is the only Message board I use, and this is the Dicey program I’m familiar with:

http://66.78.26.16/~linksync/other/login.html

Hope this isn’t a problem.

I was just thinking that maybe we go with:
    Player 1 - Inxduk
    Player 2 - Laststrike
    Player 3 - Dezrtfish
    Player 4 - DarthMaximus
    (the order in which people signed up to play)

I don’t know if it is fair for me to join last and then have first pick of a capital location, or other territories.

Just a thought.

• we should play on the games forum:
    http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1759

just go post your capital then. Whoever posts first goes first!

• Before we get going,I was wondering what everyone’s thoughts were on newly placed IC’s. I do not think we should go with unlimited production on newly placed ones. I also do not think that we should limit production to 2 units either.

laststrike

• '19 Moderator

How about an adopted W@W rule.

Infantry are produced using the IPC value of the territory and other units are produced from factories at the teritories IPC value.

So any non capital territory could produce up to two Inf, if it had a factory it would be able to produce and aditional 2 non-infantry units. This also applys to capitals, 10 max infantry and ten max other units.

Of course that doesn’t apply to initial setup.

• Dezrtfish -

I think that is a good idea and vote we adopt it as well. I think limiting production on a capital are good too.

Inxduk/DarthMaximus, what do you think?

laststrike

• '19 Moderator

I have also been thinking about it and I think we should with 18 IPC plus what ever is left from initial placement to spend and place at the end of the turn like a usual turn on the first round, it is kind of hard to be offencive when you get no reinforcement at the end of your turn.

Also I don’t care about the turn order the suggestion above is fine with me.

I like the 18 IPC thing after the initial placement phase.
    I also like the new restrictions on the new complexes (2 inf - 2 other), but I don’t like restricting the original complex. Afr, Europe, and Asia cover a lot of ground and big Inf purchases may be needed. Just my opinion.

• I am okay with the 18 starting IPC’s. I will modify the rules on the other thread.

I am not sure if limiting 10 INF to a capital would have that big of an impact. I see it if a player needs more infantry, then they just have to buy more complexes. I think it would be good to limit it so that it would force players into more aggressive buys. Inxduk - any opinions?

Darth- I agree with your idea to assign players to a particular country. I got us a game number for dicey so all of us will have access to the game log. The only problem with using a game log is that it is harder to change player emails. It is still possible, but it takes additional steps each turn. My suggestion is that we just use two player’s emails and stick with those. Any player that wants to check the rolls, just goes to the log.

Personally, I am not a big fan of receiving all of those emails into my inbox. Thus, if someone else would prefer to get all of the rolls, feel free to speak up (and provide your email). Before the game log is activated, I need to enter the two email addresses, so please let me know. If no one wants to receive the emails, I will provide the two addresses.

As far as player order, I am fine with what Darth suggested. Thus, Inxduk, I think you need to go and pick your capital on the game thread.

laststrike

• '19 Moderator

I think it is actualy quite rare to buy more than 10 Infantry in a single territory, and in case it is not clear you can purchase Infantry in any territory you own up to the IPC value.

So if your capital was in Africa and you owned the rest of the continent, 13 total territories I believe. you could, if you had the IPCs place 34 Inf. as well as building 10 assorted units in the factory in your capital. The Infantry would just be scattered throught the contenent, which I think is a bit more realistic. :)

Yeah, you guys are right about the inf thing. Even in regular A&A you rarely buy more than 10 inf, unless you’re Ger.

Although, that lase comment by dezrtfish about placing inf in other territories just confused me. I thought you had to place new units by a complex?
    Sorry, it’s getting close to lunch time here, plus it’s a Monday.
    Another reason I didn’t want to go first.

Oh, laststrike I’ll send you a PM with my email for rolls.

Nevermind, just saw the new rules on inf producing.

• @DarthMaximus:

laststrike I’ll send you a PM with my email for rolls.

Got it. Inxduk or Dezrtfish, if either of you want to receive the other side of the emails, let me know.

• '19 Moderator

I’d rather not but If nessacery I will. :)

• '19 Moderator

I think it is important that every one understands and agrees to the Infantry placement rule I suggested. It is directly from the World at War rules and changes the dynamics of the game quite a bit. I suggested it because it is more “Risk Like”

If you have any questions or don’t like the rule say something quick before we start.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m