• @Viracocha:

Don’t care if they were inaccurate - I want rocket launchers on studebakers on my A&A board. eh eh eh I’d paint 'em too, a rusty car with some Soviet graffiti, and a sloppy star. Fantastic.

I second that whole heartedly.  I feel a request coming on headed towards FMG.

• If he gets Katusha’s mounted on pick up trucks then I respectfully request those dogs they used with mines on their back to kill tanks as the Russian mechanized infantry.

• Customizer

@Gwlachmai:

If he gets Katusha’s mounted on pick up trucks then I respectfully request those dogs they used with mines on their back to kill tanks as the Russian mechanized infantry.

Hehehe - I’d certainly use them on the board as well, the more the merrier. And while we’re at it, let’s request little balloons with bombs on them for the Japanese!

• Brit infantry will need huge Prince Charles sized ears too…

• You could also use the katyusha rocket game pieces for WWII Struggle for Europe and Asia game as well.

• @Viracocha:

@allboxcars:

@Viracocha:

And I believe you might be rash in your thinking, simply from the fact that you haven’t seen any of the samples said company will be producing.

Actually when he said “this sucks btw” I took it that he meant WOTC’s decision not to produce an Italian tank sucks, not the Italian tank that FMG is producing.

I could be wrong tho…

(chuckle) In retrospect, that may be the case… or it could mean Italian tanks in general are distinctive, or - couple different ways to take it.  Well Ministry, my apologies if I misunderstood your post.  Check out FMG’s excellent tanks and get back to us…

Other than the Singapore game and the combat dice I dont see any plastic playing pieces on FMGs website to supplement the Italian forces.  I was agreeing with the OP about the cost cutting moves by WOTC on the new Europe game.

• '10

Other than the Singapore game and the combat dice I dont see any plastic playing pieces on FMGs website to supplement the Italian forces.

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=13894.0

• @Ministry:

@Viracocha:

@allboxcars:

@Viracocha:

And I believe you might be rash in your thinking, simply from the fact that you haven’t seen any of the samples said company will be producing.

Actually when he said “this sucks btw” I took it that he meant WOTC’s decision not to produce an Italian tank sucks, not the Italian tank that FMG is producing.

I could be wrong tho…

(chuckle) In retrospect, that may be the case… or it could mean Italian tanks in general are distinctive, or - couple different ways to take it.  Well Ministry, my apologies if I misunderstood your post.  Check out FMG’s excellent tanks and get back to us…

Other than the Singapore game and the combat dice I dont see any plastic playing pieces on FMGs website to supplement the Italian forces.  I was agreeing with the OP about the cost cutting moves by WOTC on the new Europe game.

Check out all the sticky threads in this forum:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?board=36.0

• If I see one Italian Panther…

• @sgtbman:

If I see one Italian Panther…

Knowing WOTC, Italy will probably have Shermans.

• ugh…you are probably right. Best case sceneario: they use the tanks that japan uses. Those are sorta like the ones from
    AA 50

• @i:

@Brain:

@sgtbman:

If I see one Italian Panther…

Knowing WOTC, Italy will probably have Shermans.

if were lucky, i’ll bet theyll get t-34s

And Russia will get Tigers.

• I know this doesn’t take away from or excuse WOTC from the travesty they’re committing, but here is my fix. Keep in mind, this is simply food for thought.

As with the Japanese tac bombers in AAP1940 where I used 1/700 model aircraft for aircraft carriers to supplement them, I have supplemented Italian forces already by using GHQ 1/285 metal miniatures for the Italian tanks and Airfix 1/72 Italian infantry for the infantry. A set of 5 tanks is $10 and the Airfix box of 45-50 infantry is like $7. The big let down is the naval units. I don’t have a great fix there. What I wouldn’t give for an actual Italian Roma/Vittorio Veneto/Littorio class battleship and any of a number of the very nice and graceful looking Italian heavy or light cruisers and destroyers. I’ve been using the ANZAC naval units from AAP1940 as the Italian naval units in my cobbled together version of the Anniversary edition. A nice Macchi MC-202/205 would be nice for the fighter and a nice SM-79 for a bomber. The Regia Aeronautica didn’t really have a very good tac bomber type, but the Breda 65 would get my vote there.

As a side note, GHQ also makes a nice set of Bren gun carriers/Universal Carriers which I use to replace the half tracks for the Brit and ANZAC forces in AAP1940 for a slightly more authentic mech infantry.

• Customizer

@Gwlachmai:

Brit infantry will need huge Prince Charles sized ears too…

Charlie isn’t British:

His maternal family is the house of Saxe-Coburg Gotha

His paternal line is the house of Oldenburg.

That’s right - he’s Japanese.

• uh? you had me till you said he was japanese

• @Flashman:

@Gwlachmai:

Brit infantry will need huge Prince Charles sized ears too…

Charlie isn’t British:
    His maternal family is the house of Saxe-Coburg Gotha
    His paternal line is the house of Oldenburg.
    That’s right - he’s Japanese.

Could you please elaborate?

• There is no need for a Soviet Navy as UK and US can handle the Germany navy. Maybe a Russian transport to keep Germany honest.

• @Dylan:

I know. I’ve only ever bought ships for the Russians twice. Once was in Spring 1942 I bought a transport I was going to send it to Africa, but Germany beefed it up though. The Second was 2 Subs in the classic. I always went around insulting their battleship even though only a few games I’ve played had it it’s just ugly.

My first game of A&A ever was a Spring 1942 game and I was Russia/US.  I had no clue what I was doing and one turn I bought a cruiser for Russia. :oops:  Dunno what I was thinking even despite being a newb, but my German opponent (thechariot1x actually) knew the German tank rush strategy… Needless to say he crushed me and my Allied UK teammate pretty good.  :roll:

• @SilverAngelSurfer:

My first game of A&A ever was a Spring 1942 game and I was Russia/US.  I had no clue what I was doing and one turn I bought a cruiser for Russia. :oops:  Dunno what I was thinking even despite being a newb, but my German opponent (thechariot1x actually) knew the German tank rush strategy… Needless to say he crushed me and my Allied UK teammate pretty good.  :roll:

Well I am sure that you at the very least learned what not to do the next time. You can learn a whole lot more from losing than you can from winning.

• @Brain:

@SilverAngelSurfer:

My first game of A&A ever was a Spring 1942 game and I was Russia/US.  I had no clue what I was doing and one turn I bought a cruiser for Russia. :oops:  Dunno what I was thinking even despite being a newb, but my German opponent (thechariot1x actually) knew the German tank rush strategy… Needless to say he crushed me and my Allied UK teammate pretty good.  :roll:

Well I am sure that you at the very least learned what not to do the next time. You can learn a whole lot more from losing than you can from winning.

Exactly.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m