• if i attack 2 subs and 1 AC with 3 figs… can that figs hit subs ( if the subs decide to participate in the battle)

• I believe the rules state that attacking or defending subs can only be hit by air units if there is a destroyer present friendly to the aircraft.  If you are the attacker, then the destroyer must be yours.  If you are the defender, then it can be yours or one of your allies’.  Check the errata for details.

• @pmelmike:

I believe the rules state that attacking or defending subs can only be hit by air units if there is a destroyer present friendly to the aircraft.  If you are the attacker, then the destroyer must be yours.  If you are the defender, then it can be yours or one of your allies’.  Check the errata for details.

but what if the def subs are engaged in battle there is no attacking des but there are attacking figs

can they take down the subs

• If there is no destroyers with the fighters, the subs can not be hit by air.

Therefore, if it is fgts against 1carrier and two subs, the subs are not involved in the combat, since they cannot hit and cannot be hit.

• @Yoshi:

If there is no destroyers with the fighters, the subs can not be hit by air.

Therefore, if it is fgts against 1carrier and two subs, the subs are not involved in the combat, since they cannot hit and cannot be hit.

but then if it is 2 figs 2 cruisers against 1 AC 2 subs

the subs can take the cruisers down while figs cant take them

• In that case, any hits scored by the fighters have to be assigned to the AC.  The only units that can hit the subs are the cruisers and that is only if the subs decided not to submerge.  Plus they would get their suprise strike.  They can submerge because there is no enemy destroyer.  Basically, destroyers are anti-sub units.  Also, remember that hits scored by subs can never be assigned to aircraft.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m