• Okay, so this is my first time doing this post and My twin got Allies and Axis Spring 1942 board game for xmas and we started playing the game. Its little hard for the first time, anyways i have several questions……

Whats the casualty Zone Used For?

How many times can u Attack a unit? for ex a sub attacks a brit sub but doesnt kill yet how many times can he do that to him?

How many men can u Attack and deffend with? if u have more dice laying around is it alright  u can used them?

Now if i have a Tank and he gets attack by U.S tank and he wins does my tank keep the damage?

Also can i Buy more peices for the spring 1942 version or they havent made them yet?

• Official Q&A

Welcome, Tbone36!

@Tbone36:

Whats the casualty Zone Used For?

After the attacker rolls for hits, the defender chooses casualties and moves them into the casualty zone.  Even though they are hit, they still get to fire back (most of the time, there are exceptions).  After they fire back, they are removed from the casualty zone.

@Tbone36:

How many times can u Attack a unit? for ex a sub attacks a brit sub but doesnt kill yet how many times can he do that to him?

The battle lasts until one side or the other is defeated, or the attacker retreats.  Subs can also submerge to escape the battle if the other side doesn’t have a destroyer.  A battle can last for one round of fire (attacker and defender), or for many rounds.

@Tbone36:

How many men can u Attack and deffend with? if u have more dice laying around is it alright  u can used them?

There is no limit to the number of units that can be involved in a battle.  Each will fire once per round.  Use as many dice as you like, it’ll speed things up.

@Tbone36:

Now if i have a Tank and he gets attack by U.S tank and he wins does my tank keep the damage?

Most units can’t be damaged.  They are either destroyed or they aren’t, and it only takes one hit.  Battleships are an exception, taking two hits.  If they survive the battle, the hit is repaired immediately.

@Tbone36:

Also can i Buy more peices for the spring 1942 version or they havent made them yet?

There are no extra pieces available for purchase.

• okay thanks that really helps!

anyway sorry  i have several more questions can u reused the units that died again? and whats the health for each unit?

Also How can u affect the Factorys?

How much can u spend of ur ICPs?

Can u use Paratroopers?<–- (im not a good speller)

• Not sure what you mean by health? Nothing you need to concern yourself with…the pieces are either in play or not ( on the board or removed from the board, after the battle).

The Rules Book with Spring 1942, doesn’t make any reference to Paratroopers…so forget about that ( although that would be a cool concept).

Yes the rule book is quite lengthy, but after you play a game or two , it will all start to come together.

Good Luck!

• Official Q&A

@Tbone36:

can u reused the units that died again?

Yes.

@Tbone36:

and whats the health for each unit?

A single hit destroys each units, except for battleships, which take two hits.

@Tbone36:

Also How can u affect the Factorys?

Factories can be damaged by strategic bombing raids conducted against them.  See page 14 of the Rulebook.  The damage can be repaired by paying IPCs in the Purchase and Repair Units phase of the owner’s turn.

@Tbone36:

How much can u spend of ur ICPs?

You can spend all or none of them, or anywhere in between.  The only limitation is the number of units you may mobilize at each of your factories (see page 22).

@Tbone36:

Can u use Paratroopers?<–- (im not a good speller)

No.

• okay thanks That helps a lot out but…

i still dont understand the whats the health for each unit? like there are defensive whats that

about? Is it fine if we use that as the Health for each unit?

• There is no health for units.  You hit a unit, it is dead, period (with the battleship exception noted above).  Maybe you are talking about the attack and defense numbers for each unit.  An infantry attacks on a 1.  That means if you roll a 1 on a six-sided dice, you kill a defending unit of the defender’s choosing.  An infantry defends on a 2.  That means if you roll a 1 or 2 on a 6-sided dice, you kill an attacking unit of the attacker’s choosing.  There are no hit points in A&A.   :?
    (except for factories)

• Thanks for the help

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m