• Sorry if these questions make me look like a dummy but here goes.  My first questions are on movement.

1. Am I right in thinking that a land unit needs a transport to move from, say, England to Norway?  And that it would take two turns to do the move?  i.e.  Board the transport on move 1 and disembark on move 2?

2. How many moves does it take to move a plane from “Soviet Far East” to “Alaska”?
      I cant figure out wether it is 4
      (Soviet Far East –> Sea zone 62 --> Sea Zone 63 --> Alaska)
      or just 2
      (Soviet Far East --> Alaska)?
      Do the land and sea zones count as two seperate move spaces or just one?

3. Finally, if I am moving land units onto an Island (Midway for example), it is two moves the enter the islands sea zine and disembark or is that just one move i.e. you enter the seazone and disembark in the same move?

Thats it for today.  Thanks in advance for any help you guys can offer.

Quej :?

1. to move land units within sea zones u NEED to carry them on trasport/s
      Rule says that u can load and unload units in the same turn on condition that Transport cannot move more than 2 spaces, that every Transport carry ONE land unit PLUS ONE infantry at max, and that in the sea zone where u finish the movement with Transport is not an Hostile Sea Zone.

2)Neither 4 or 2… but 3 is right.

Soviet far East (take off)- Sea 62 (one) - Sea 63(two) - Alaska (three)

U have to count every land and sea spaces as movement. But u don’t have to count the zone where the plane take off! (Soviet Far East in this case)

3)sea movement did not count as land movement, so if you reach Sea zone 56 with a transport (either wiht ONE movement or entire TWO movement) u can unload unit on Midway in the same turn.
    Land units unload MUST complete their movemente here.

Hope that can helps :) 
    If i committed mistakes please let me know!

• Hi Dio Brando

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Just to check that I have understood

1)  So if I have a transport in the sea zone between england and norway, a tank unit can get to norway in one turn
    England –> transport (move 1)
    transport --> Norway (move 2)

If this is so, does this mean I can move 5 tanks across in this way by moving each tank one by one or are all your non combat moves deemed as being done at the same time?

2)  Fully understood, thanks.

1. So the movement of the transport does not use any of the land units movement allowance?  So if I used two moves to get the transport to sea zone 56, my land units still have their moves available and can use them to disembark?

• @Sir:

Sorry if these questions make me look like a dummy but here goes.  My first questions are on movement.

1. Am I right in thinking that a land unit needs a transport to move from, say, England to Norway?  And that it would take two turns to do the move?  i.e.  Board the transport on move 1 and disembark on move 2?

a) Transport (aka tranny aka TT) and land unit of the same power (p.e. both UK): Load and offload at the same turn (during combat or non-combat move phase, depending whether it is an amphibious assault or a mere troops transportation to NOR).
    b) TT and land unit of different powers (p.e. a US TT transporting a UK infantry unit-aka inf): Load and offload at a different turn, during combat or noncombat move. Say, load the inf on the first turn of the UK-aka UK1 (either in combat or noncombat phase), and offload it in UK2, after all the other players have played (again either on combat or noncombat).

1. How many moves does it take to move a plane from “Soviet Far East” to “Alaska”?
      I cant figure out wether it is 4
      (Soviet Far East –> Sea zone 62 --> Sea Zone 63 --> Alaska)
      or just 2
      (Soviet Far East --> Alaska)?
      Do the land and sea zones count as two seperate move spaces or just one?

It takes 3 moves.
    1)–----->SZ62
    2)------->SZ63
    3)------->ALK

1. Finally, if I am moving land units onto an Island (Midway for example), it is two moves the enter the islands sea zine and disembark or is that just one move i.e. you enter the seazone and disembark in the same move?

This is just a spin-off of the first question actually… :)

Thats it for today.  Thanks in advance for any help you guys can offer.

Quej :?

1. Yes but you dont have to count the movement of the tank…
      example: if you carry only an Infantry (land movment 1), u still can load it onto a Transport in Sea zone 6 than unload in Norway.
      Ergo: load and unload is a part of the Amphibious Assault and the only unit that is involved is the Transport… not land unit. So u have to count only the movement that the Transport can do, and load/unload take effect “automatically”.

IMPORTANT … u can move 5 tanks in one turn, you have to move them togheter in combat-move phase or non combat move phase (if norway is conquered by ally), BUT you need to have 5 Transport to make this legal movement.
    Remember that 1 Transport can carry One land unit plus One infantry
    Example: in one single turn, if you have 5 transport u can load 5 tanks and 5 Infantry from UK in the transports then unload them in norway as a part of combat movement or non combat movment

3)yes. Land unit can unload but they must end theyr movment here.
    Example: a tank that unload as a part of an amphibious assault cannot use Blitz! ability.

• Thanks guys, its a lot clearer now.

:-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m