• Ok, so from what I have pplayed in aa50, the brits are mainly focused in the european theatre.  But what about pacific 40.  Will the brits be engaged and have a lot to do?  Or be like an italy type power which is not really the main power of the game?

Any thoughts?

• '10

I think INDIA will be a major factor in keeping the Allies alive in the East.  INDIA  (like in AAP) looks like a harder nut to crack than in AA50 and will be a constant threat to Japanese controlled south-west Asia.

Also, the job of keeping the Burma Road open and aiding CHINA is a major factor in the game.

Lets not also forget the Fleet component the British will control in the Pacific to aid their ANZAC brothers and the Americans where possible.

• yeah, with 16 IPC, from which 3 are from hong kong, 4 from borneo and 3 from malaya?
    (malaya is a fort, don’t underestimate it)
    so that’s 9 IPC left, enough to defend india?
    btw, nobody gets money from dutch east-indies

• Actually, in AA50 I tend to split the resources with Britain evenly between Europe and the colonies.

• No matter what the Brits in India have a long road ahead just trying to stay alive and marshalling troops (Mainly Infantry and Artillery), if the Japanese decide that its there time to go down with a full force effort there wont be much to stop them at the start of the game.  The CBI was a pain in the neck theater filled with allies sitting on ther duffs (Chinia) and poor resource allocation, (the UK Continued to send Indian troops to the Middle East, North Africa and Itally up to 1943!)  The UK player is going to have to get use to Defending and not attacking right up to the end.

• The role of the British is cannon fodder as always. They are like speed bumbs that slow the aggressor while “The arsenal of democracy” are gearing up production.

• @Adlertag:

The role of the British is cannon fodder as always. They are like speed bumbs that slow the aggressor while “The arsenal of democracy” are gearing up production.

Disappointed by this remark tbh :(

I thought all forces would keep the player engaged.

• Arr now I see someone has given me -2 karma for this thread :( Apologies if I upset anyone.

Dont think I warrented -2 karma :(

• Don’t understand the point of karma. Seems like an unnecessary waste of time. Feel free to neg me.

The thread is fine GC.

• Cheers mate!

I looked over my older posts and cant see why someone would give me it tbh.  Don’t know why I’m bothered :P

• @General:

Cheers mate!

I looked over my older posts and cant see why someone would give me it tbh.  Don’t know why I’m bothered :P

It’s most likely that guy who started the smite club.

• @Brain:

Me too got smited, and I only have 8 postings. What kind of place is this ?

• Razor, you are not fooling me.

• It’s most likely that guy who started the smite club.

The first rule of smite club…

This place is full of Karma Chameleons.  :evil:

Razor, you are not fooling me.

:? :? :?

• @Razor:

@Brain:

This… is… SPAA… (sorry I wont go there…)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m