Just Keep Churning Em Out, WoTC, Hasbro

• Saves money on artwork.

• Yeah i guess…the global game is going to look like a multi-colored archery range with all the bulls-eye possibilities…

• Any idea how the maps are supposed to be played together?  Are all the territories and sea zones represented?

I seem to remember people trying to put Europe and Pacific the first time?

• Until we see a map of Europe we really won’t know. I’ve thought about trying to put together AAE and AAP, I think I might go and have another look at it.

• Any idea how the maps are supposed to be played together?

Lay them side by side just like it was a 2 piece gameboard.

Any idea how the maps are supposed to be played together?

Yes.

• @maverick_76:

Until we see a map of Europe we really won’t know. I’ve thought about trying to put together AAE and AAP, I think I might go and have another look at it.

i’ve seen a map strip to print out to go between the boards to join them in Eurasia, but I think it’s easier to join them with the US in the middle.

• Hmmm, interesting. I never thought about joining them that way.

• I meant to ask, will the map join together nicely without any disjointed territories or sea zones.

Is it going to be like a puzzle with perfect fit?

• We dont know yet. The europe board is still being playtested. We will probably be able to figure it out once pacifc comes out

• If the games are planned to be joined, I am sure they will match up along corresponding edges.

• Yeah that has to be the case.

• @Imperious:

I think they did with AA50, but i am not sure what happened because i don’t use that program

First +1 I owed you. :-)

• A +1 for repaying old debts

• @Panzer:

One of the new adders for the AA50 that I really like that did kinda address the “unrealisticness” of ther game compared to real history is the addition of the victory cities. With them you do not actually have to attack all out everywhere, you can selectively attack the victory cities and win that way. It also shortens the game because it does not go until one side is gone. We beat the Axis in 41 set-up as the Allies because Japan went too far into Russia and the US and UK came in from below and took the victory cities in Asia and won before Japan could counter in time. Japan was pissed because they actually had way more troops but overlooked their rear defenses, thinking they were safe. :lol:

So Japan can be vulnerable if they over extend themselves into Russia. It is up to the Allies to read the strategy and counter to smarten Japan up.

Exactly. The only way Japan can usually threaten Russia is when the Allies let them do it. No new rules need to be written in order to prevent Japan from invading Moscow, your game play should do that.

Past due +1 for that vote of agreement. Thanks :-)

• If USA is busy with Japan, then Germany can get busy with Russia.

• If USA is not busy with Japan, Japan will be busy with USSR and maybe even with USA

• Japan is a busybody!

• USA must threaten Japan and Germany.

• @SgtBlitz:

LOL.  ANOTHER A+A variant(s)!  In under 6 months from the last one!!!  WHEEE!!!  SHELL OUT EVEN MORE $$$CASH$$$ FOR ANOTHER BOARD GAME(S)!!!   (HEY KIDS!!!  You’ve got nothing better to do!  C’mon, buy nineteen copies!  We’re even making a new Pacific game which is essentially the old AA Pacific map with its old Revised ruleset now replaced with the new AA50 ruleset!  BUY IT NOW!!!)

While if one tries to independently make a computerized form where you EMULATE all the different board games, IT’S THE END OF TEH WORLD!!!  CEASE AND DESIST ORDERS EVERYWHERE!!!  Even if 50 people in the entire world use it at any given time, from all over the world, and it’s the only way they can play it with real lives and busy schedules!  Wait, I’m not talking about PBF games on the Axisandallies.org website, I’m talking about the freeware TripleA…

Actually, the fact the Hasbro DID sell out ALL its AA50 copies makes me wonder why they NEEDED to go after TripleA.  It’s not like they were losing any business since ALL the copies printed sold out.  Sounds like inefficient business practices to me.  Yet somehow they are shutting down ANY form of electronic competition while churning out MORE and MORE schlock box editions with slightly tweaked AA50 rulesets.  You’d think making/sponsoring an electronic form of A&A with its greater ease and flexibility would be in their best interests, but no…  Boxed sets it is!  Who cares if it’s 2009?  And the fan bois out there will eat this up, you know they will.  WHY NOT JUST RUN A REPRINT OF THE ENTIRE REVISED SERIES OVER THE NEXT TWO WEEKS FOR $40 A POP???  NEW AA50 MANUALS $10 EXTRA.  EACH.

Great way to run a business.  RUNNING IT INTO THE GROUND.  See ya for Axis and Allies: October 1935 - The Second Italo-Abyssinian War!  I won’t be there.

This isn’t a CCG where you need to have the latest cards to play. You can still enjoy the old editions without any interference from the new. If you don’t like them, don’t buy them. Its pretty simple. Of course WOTC is going to make new editions – people will buy them. WOTC wants money that people are willing to pay. Nobody is forcing you to pay.

I liked the reply “you don’t have to buy it in the first place right?”. Sounds to me like people need to get girl friends or something else to occupy the time. It sounds like no real game could ever satisfy what they want or are unknowingly looking for in life. Get out and enjoy the world!

Actually my GF loves to play A&A with me. We are both looking forward to Pacific.

• My sentiments exactly.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m