• Say Italy did not get hit by a Taranto raid, and only lost the destroyer and transport off the coast of Malta. I’m curious to hear different philosophies regarding what the next steps are. I often go for NOs if my fleet is still intact, and turn one go aggressively after Greece by including my two fighters and two infantry from S. Italy and the forces from Albania, leaving the cruiser in that sea zone in place for bombardment. I also take S. France if Germany hasn’t already, and take my second transport to Gibraltar with an infantry to complete the NO. The French fleet is taken care of by my BB and warships on the western coast of Italy (CA, DD, and SS). Depending on if the British are playing scared, I may even move into Alexandria if they felt the need to pull back, with the understanding that I can reinforce those troops with what is left over from Greece the next turn. I know it is not usual to be left with the fleet in the Adriatic, but what would you do if you were?

• @tamer-of-beasts Often when that happened 2 things would go down:

1. British navy pulls back and I can immediately crush France and Britain’s navy atleast by round 2

2. French-North Africa is secured easily

Then there is the British stack in Egypt, usually they pile up there and leave 1 infantry in Alexandria. I often sacrifice my 3 units in Ethiopia to take Sudan and Kenya, letting UK bottle me up through there (which I am fine with)

If I have the transports and the US hasn’t secured Gibraltar yet, most of the times Egypt falls I dont know maybe round 3-4 and then the Middle East (unless they built a factory in Persia, my chances of winning Egypt are hindered)

But it just depends on the Allies if they are good or not :slightly_smiling_face: Italy often doesnt win Taranto but it has happened once or twice before.

Then the US comes in and it is either I have enough income to sustain a fleet capable of securing the Med and subsequently not having North Africa liberated – or I loose like 2 of my transports and cant reinforce Africa any longer so there is lots of choices there.

Usually round 1 I take Yugoslavia and South France, I haven’t done a “Mainland France Kill G1” before but I might next time I play as Germany. Greece goes next maybe round 2 (there is an inside-joke that Yugoslavia and Greece are warriors because they always roll at 2’s or lower. Usually it takes much more than needed to take out Yugo and Greece so who knows the outcome)

Sometimes UK takes Greece (idk why most players dont do this but I guess they dont want to sacrifice their Egypt dudes and a transport) but it is a sting in the butt for Germany and Italy.

Hmmmm what else IDK

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m