• i know this will start a flame war probably

but let me state my position first

I don’t think it’s possible for the axis to win assuming to equal good quality players

If the allies go kill germany first

I know people will disagree with this so feel free to challenge me at any point.

Based on this premise I am thinking of how much i am prepared to let germany bid.

i think 6 is too much as it lets him put an extra sub on the board

but i think letting him put an arty or a tnk in egypt is still okay

so i think i would be bidding 6 for the axis and letting people take germany / japan for a 5$ bid

I am more than happy to test my theory out.

If we ignore everyone that thinks the axis are great

what do the allied players think ?

• What rules are you playing in which you are seeing KGF as being the unstoppable allied game plan?

We can further discuss your KGF first premise when we know this information.

• NO’s but no tech

Japan is too slow to get enough pressure on russia

and russia has a huge inf advantage over germany

and we all know i love the infantry push mechanic

i just don’t see how germany can’t be pushed back far enough that the allies can constrict germany and then kill italy

japan pressure on russia isn’t really until turn 5 and even then it’s usually one big burst with little behind i

• Are the allies conducting SBRs as part of your KGF?

• What is Germany usually doing to prompt a KGF allied response?

Or do you mean to say that it doesn’t matter what Germany does G1, KGF is that strong?

• I’ll be happy to play axis, using NOs, no tech, and bid for axis 8-) :-D :-) :lol: :evil:

A 6 ipc bid is too much?, I can have 5 then plz?

And I’m not allowed to give the bid to Japan or Italy, the bid must go to Germany? Ok, now where do I want to place a German tank, I assume it must be on a TT which is already German at the start of the game.

I’ll look into this, then send me pm so we can make an appointment when to play. TripleA 1031 unstable, realtime.

The game will be LL of course, we don’t want to the dice gods to mess up your KGF plan.

I also assume that by KGF you are leaving the pacific with US? So I can have all pacific uncontested with Japan?

This sounds almost too good to be true  :roll:

• @chunksoul:

That is a good reason to attack America instead (It’s closer). Don’t worry, you have still enough income to annoy soviets a bit even if you attack America

Maybe you are not killing China J1?

• If Allies go KGF, Germany simply turtles with Infantry+Fighter builds, then patiently waits for Japan to take either Moscow or East US.

If you look at the actual game reports, Axis consistently wins the majority of them, regardless of NOs or Tech.  The most common reason for victory is simply Japan Hulk Smash.

By the end of turn 3, Japan’s Income should be 60+, having taken East Asia and Indonesia.

By the end of turn 6, around the time KGF should be reaching its climax, Japan will have around 80+ income, having taken Africa and Siberia, and be poised either to invade Moscow, or may have taken East US already, seeing as US was so concerned with Germany.  US/Britain might have 115 IPCs at best, but be in a far more difficult position tactically, seeing as their fleet is no longer of any use for defending either Moscow or East US.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@Funcioneta:

@chunksoul:

That is a good reason to attack America instead (It’s closer). Don’t worry, you have still enough income to annoy soviets a bit even if you attack America

Maybe you are not killing China J1?

Dang, you got to it first!

People forget that Japan has a seriously good shot at taking out America in this game if America goes Kill Germany First.  And if they stop going KGF and build up to defend against Japan, then they’ve squandered both their ability to attack Japan and their limited assistance to attack Germany.

All Germany would have to do is explode into Russia on rounds 1 and 3, and then fall back into a turtle and wait for Japan to start building cruisers and transports in SZ 10 for the invasion of England.

• I really don’t think this game needs a bid. Once Germany and Japan become monsters, they just need to keep pressure way up. In the case of Japan, they can really go where ever they want in the pacific without significant Allied intervention being involved.

In that case, All Germany has to do is play the waiting game as the other posters have said.

I’ve never played a KGF strat in AAAE because really each side should be taken in equal amounts, but I can’t imagine the Allies winning a game in which they ignore Japan and end up on the receiving end of a major invasion on the West Coast and a probable invasion of Moscow around the same time.

But then again, I wouldn’t mind an extra tank somewhere in my empire.

• @chunksoul:

i know this will start a flame war probably

Hopefully this will start an AA50 war  :evil:

so i think i would be bidding 6 for the axis and letting people take germany / japan for a 5$ bid

Yes, I take 5 bid for Japan or Germany. Thx a lot.

I am more than happy to test my theory out.

That is the plan yes, I will gladly help you with this matter.

If we ignore everyone that thinks the axis are great

Oh no, not with only 5 bid for axis, they’re not so great then eh?

what do the allied players think ?

What do you, think, because you are allied player here, I’m happy that you will give me a fair chance with the 5 bid  8-)

I have not yet received a pm for an appointment, what time is suitable for you?

• Yeah, giving the axis a bid would not be a good idea if playing with NOs on.

• happy too

sorry didn’t check thread

My plan is to actually just crush italy

subs turn 1 for america to kill italian fleet turn 4

even building more fleet every turn it can’t survive

then bring american fleet underneath

if you can’t take italy you take bulgar and balkans every turn

i plan to sit in epl with russia turn 4 or 5
    once you do that it is all over
    if russia ever earns the 10$ no

You guys all do crazy shit like build airforce with britian

my build is cover fleet. 4 trn then build factory nwy then start pumping 8 inf 3 art a turn.

you put 4 inf every turn into nwe.

If he hits it great you are chopping up germans for british.

hit poland every opportunity you can.

• @chunksoul:

subs turn 1 for america to kill italian fleet turn 4

even building more fleet every turn it can’t survive

then bring american fleet underneath

Just wondering, how exactly do you get the fleet of subs close enough?  If I see 6 subs off EUS on A1, I’m going to take the Italian fleet back to SZ14 and build 2-3 DDs per turn.  You see, the problem is that you can’t get the subs close enough, because if they go to SZ12, I’m just going to move my fleet there and make them defend.  If you scatter, then I’m just going to block with 1 DD, or take out the front sub with DD+FIG.  There’s nothing you can do to get close enough to the Italian fleet, I can just stall the subs forever and keep building more DD.  If the point is just to lure me out to SZ12 so you can hit the fleet with a plane strike, well, ok, you’ll probably kill the fleet, but at the cost of a bunch of subs and planes.  I’ll take this trade at turn 4+, the fleet has done its job and now it’s all up to Japan.  I still think a surface fleet is the only real way to get the job done on the Italian navy in any sort of cost-efficient manner.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m