Question about retreats in amphibious invasion

• Couple of questions about amphibious invasions and retreats:

1. Can the land units retreat after one round of combat in a land battle from amphibious invasion?

2. If yes, where do they go?

3. Do they go back to the transports in the invading sea zone?

4. Or to the sea zone they left from to start the invasion in the invading transports? In other words, do the land units get back on the transports allowing the transports to move back where they picked up the invasion troops?

5. What is a safe or friendly sea zone in this context? Where can the ships retreat to, if at all?

I have read the rules and still a little unsure where the retreating units go. Appreciate any help.

• @Redjac:

Couple of questions about amphibious invasions and retreats:

1. Can the land units retreat after one round of combat in a land battle from amphibious invasion?
    2. If yes, where do they go?
    3. Do they go back to the transports in the invading sea zone?
    4. Or to the sea zone they left from to start the invasion in the invading transports? In other words, do the land units get back on the transports allowing the transports to move back where they picked up the invasion troops?
    5. What is a safe or friendly sea zone in this context? Where can the ships retreat to, if at all?
      I have read the rules and still a little unsure where the retreating units go. Appreciate any help.

1)  Only if the land units that came from a land territory and not a transport (in a joint amphib/land attack).  No unit that was on a transport can retreat with them.
    2)  Those noted above can go back to any territory that they moved from, including blitzed territories.
    3)  No
    4)  No
    5)  Once an amphibious assault is started, naval units cannot retreat from the seazone where the amphib assault came from.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Once you drop the front plate of the boat on the beach, your troops either win - or die trying.

• Thanks for the replies. That clears up my confusion.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m