Good 200 point build to take on Germany?

• I deleted the old post, as this is what I’ve decided to put on the table. The map is connected vertically, so it’s pretty narrow. I figure I’ll guard the Ammo Dump with the Mortar M2s (if he doesn’t field planes, paratroopers, or partisans) and guard with my BAR Gunners as well if he does field any of those units. The first captain will lead 3 paratroopers, maybe a BAR Gunner, and a hero up one side. The second captain will lead 3 paratroopers, and possibly a BAR Gunner, up the other side. The Pershings will guard each other side-by-side up the middle, not getting too ahead of the infantry, and making sure if an enemy tank can shoot at 1 of them, both can shoot back at it. He only has 1 King Tiger for his heavy German armor, the next best tank is an SS-Panzer IV, which has no chance of victory against a Pershing. The airborne infantry don’t suffer the attack or movement penalties while disrupted, and the captain give all of them nearby an extra attack dice. If he fields the King Tiger, I plan to not finish it off (unless I have to) until my hero gets into its hex, as he can use its attack values. Even if he goes hardcore with aircraft and infantry, my soldiers will be concentrated and wipe it out. If he uses a lot of MG teams, I’ll just kill them with the tanks if need be to avoid grazing fire.

US Line Airborne Platoon - 31 (x2)
    -1x “Screaming Eagle” Captain
    -3x “Screaming Eagle” Paratroopers
    -1x BAR Gunner
    -1x Mortar M2
    Resourceful Hero - 8
    M26 Pershing - 60 (x2)
    Ammo Dump - 10

• Do you alter your force or your tactics when you learn what map yopu are playing on?

• I like your build Ducky, but I don’t think the guys on here play with the discounted batallions.  I for one am totally down with the battalions.  Did you get these from the expanded rulebook?

• 1. We don’t alter them based on terrain. You can get screwed over by it.

2. We only use the ones from the expanded rules book for platoons.

• By the way I used to know a dude in florida that went by the name Ducky…
    His real name was Howard, longshot but that aint’ you.  Is it?

• @Der:

By the way I used to know a dude in florida that went by the name Ducky…
    His real name was Howard, longshot but that aint’ you.  Is it?

Nope

• I like your build a lot too man. One of the only thing that irritates me about this game is those damn Screaming Eagle paratroopers. I hate the rules becuase parachuting was such an inaccurate thing. You could land anywhere or even get killed on the way down. I think there should be some sort of radom generator on where any paratroopers in the game end up landing.

I have a decent German Army now and seeing any of those “Screaming Eagle” troops on the field still strikes fear into me.

Nice balance. I’m working on doing a 2 pronged attack in most of my games now. Trying to build two seperate battalions with artillery support. Balance is key.

• @Obergruppenfuhrer:

I like your build a lot too man. One of the only thing that irritates me about this game is those damn Screaming Eagle paratroopers. I hate the rules becuase parachuting was such an inaccurate thing. You could land anywhere or even get killed on the way down. I think there should be some sort of radom generator on where any paratroopers in the game end up landing.

I have a decent German Army now and seeing any of those “Screaming Eagle” troops on the field still strikes fear into me.

Nice balance. I’m working on doing a 2 pronged attack in most of my games now. Trying to build two seperate battalions with artillery support. Balance is key.

I agree. Like roll a 4 or higher to place where you want, and on a 3 or lower it must be placed within your general starting area.

Here’s another, much riskier build I would like to try. Keep in mind its intended use is for deathmatch games:

US Line Airborne Platoon - 31 (x2)
    -1x “Screaming Eagle” Captain
    -3x “Screaming Eagle” Paratroopers
    -1x BAR Gunner
    -1x Mortar M2
    Resourceful Hero - 8
    M26 Pershing - 60 (x2)
    Ammo Dump - 10

• I dislike the Sherman platoon.  I nicknamed the easy eight the “chezzy eight”.  It’s usless.

for 80 pnts I’d take two shermans and some tank destroyers.  Maybe two M-10 or I really like the 36 pnts tank destoyer (can’t recall the name right now)

or the recosted Pershing + anything else.

also add a hero whenever possible…

• @Half-Track:

I dislike the Sherman platoon.  I nicknamed the easy eight the “chezzy eight”.  It’s usless.

for 80 pnts I’d take two shermans and some tank destroyers.  Maybe two M-10 or I really like the 36 pnts tank destoyer (can’t recall the name right now)

I decided for sure to use the build in the post directly above your Half Track. It seems pretty solid.

• @Ducky:

@Half-Track:

I dislike the Sherman platoon.  I nicknamed the easy eight the “chezzy eight”.  It’s usless.

I decided for sure to use the build in the post directly above your Half Track. It seems pretty solid.

its a bit light on quantity.

• 16 units (including the ammo dump) isn’t too light… Especially considering they’re all pretty hard to kill.

• @Ducky:

16 units (including the ammo dump) isn’t too light… Especially considering they’re all pretty hard to kill.

sorry my bad… didn’t realize you had two platoons…

damn that’s hard to kill.

• @Half-Track:

@Ducky:

16 units (including the ammo dump) isn’t too light… Especially considering they’re all pretty hard to kill.

sorry my bad… didn’t realize you had two platoons…

damn that’s hard to kill.

yup, 2 airborne platoons and 2 pershings, plus an ammo dump and a hero…. i dont see how anything could take it down easily… at least anything i know i may go up against. the only threat is from air attacks, but the planes would die in their respective first moves anyways, and are unlikely to kill a 5/5 infantry unit.

• German SS Elite Platoon X 2
    1 - SS-Hump
    2 - SS-PSG
    1 - SS-Stormtrooper
    1 - MG 42

German Vet Infrantry Platoon
    1 - Wehrmacht OberLT
    1 - Mauser
    2 - Vet Inf
    1 - Light Motor
    1 - MG 42

1 - 88mm flak